PDA

View Full Version : Glove Box Removel

Tizer
30-08-2004, 07:45 AM
How do i remove the glove box from a 106 ski?
I need to do this so that i can locate a gromit to link a power cable to my amp.
also i need to access some wires behind the glovebox to help cables run from my stereo to the boot...

Thanks

Tizer
How do i remove the glove box from a 106 ski?
I need to do this so that i can locate a gromit to link a power cable to my amp.
also i need to access some wires behind the glovebox to help cables run from my stereo to the boot...

Thanks

Tizer
Any pictures would be lovely

Tizer
Any pictures would be lovely

gabi
30-08-2004, 07:46 AM
should be 2 star shapped screws on the bottom if i remember correctly and should slide out, im not sure if there is more.......

:)

gabi
30-08-2004, 07:46 AM
should be 2 star shapped screws on the bottom if i remember correctly and should slide out, im not sure if there is more.......

:)

Dobber Sport
30-08-2004, 08:17 AM
as gabi said there are some black screws under the glove box, the easiest way i found was to lie on the floor, ull also need a touch as its impossible to see without 1
hope this helps

Dobber Sport
30-08-2004, 08:17 AM
as gabi said there are some black screws under the glove box, the easiest way i found was to lie on the floor, ull also need a touch as its impossible to see without 1
hope this helps

gabi
30-08-2004, 08:33 AM
bloody uncomftable too !! I think its the T10 ( not sure ) screwdriver, you can get them from Halfords, its a star shapped end with a hole in the middle.

Hope you see what I mean......

gabi
30-08-2004, 08:33 AM
bloody uncomftable too !! I think its the T10 ( not sure ) screwdriver, you can get them from Halfords, its a star shapped end with a hole in the middle.

Hope you see what I mean......

boombang
30-08-2004, 08:45 AM
on mine its two white plastic lugs that need puling out from underneath, then the whole glovebox comes off.

guess that S1's must be different then!

boombang
30-08-2004, 08:45 AM
on mine its two white plastic lugs that need puling out from underneath, then the whole glovebox comes off.

guess that S1's must be different then!

gabi
30-08-2004, 09:24 AM
dont feel left out boombang :p

gabi
30-08-2004, 09:24 AM
dont feel left out boombang :p

dynofiend
30-08-2004, 11:31 AM
The screw driver you need are called 'torx' bits. Might as well get a set of em if you dont have any as alot of parts on the 106 use them.

dynofiend
30-08-2004, 11:31 AM
The screw driver you need are called 'torx' bits. Might as well get a set of em if you dont have any as alot of parts on the 106 use them.

Tizer
30-08-2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks Guys for all ur help
I done what i needed todo..
I ran all the cables under the floor for the amp and subs and it is all wired up and working loud.

I got 2 x 600W Vibe subs and a 640W crunch amp + sony CDX-F7500 it is groovy baby yer.. :) :D

The only thing that needs doing now is to make a sub box.???
any ideas ppl of how i can use the boot and the subs to the max?? :confused:

:confused: - That smilly says it all from me really any help would be great, Thanks

Tizer

Tizer
30-08-2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks Guys for all ur help
I done what i needed todo..
I ran all the cables under the floor for the amp and subs and it is all wired up and working loud.

I got 2 x 600W Vibe subs and a 640W crunch amp + sony CDX-F7500 it is groovy baby yer.. :) :D

The only thing that needs doing now is to make a sub box.???
any ideas ppl of how i can use the boot and the subs to the max?? :confused:

:confused: - That smilly says it all from me really any help would be great, Thanks

Tizer

dynofiend
30-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Find out what the correct volume of the box should be for each sub, and build the box to that dimension. Build it out of at least 3/4" thick mdf, with a double thickness for the front panel, and make sure you use all the available space in the boot by measuring the angle of the back seat properly. Make sure the two subs are using a seperate airspace to each other. Youre better off using a different forum to this one to ask about ICE and box building. I could write pages on box design, but its pointless as all it will do is raise more questions which are even more complex to answer.

Try this forum

www.modifieduk.com

much better :D

dynofiend
30-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Find out what the correct volume of the box should be for each sub, and build the box to that dimension. Build it out of at least 3/4" thick mdf, with a double thickness for the front panel, and make sure you use all the available space in the boot by measuring the angle of the back seat properly. Make sure the two subs are using a seperate airspace to each other. Youre better off using a different forum to this one to ask about ICE and box building. I could write pages on box design, but its pointless as all it will do is raise more questions which are even more complex to answer.

Try this forum

www.modifieduk.com

much better :D

gabi
30-08-2004, 07:56 PM
buy it ! Dont bother making it, its incredibly hard to make the volume ....

gabi
30-08-2004, 07:56 PM
buy it ! Dont bother making it, its incredibly hard to make the volume ....

Tizer
30-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Where can i buy one from? if i dont get the volume right what would go wrong??

Tizer
30-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Where can i buy one from? if i dont get the volume right what would go wrong??

gabi
31-08-2004, 04:52 AM
If you get the volume wrong the sub will just fart, its all about the air travel of a sub, it will sound really farty and not produce much bass.

U can buy them from caraudiodirect.co.uk or from halfords.

When you bought the sub, it should say the required volume ! I think its normally in cubic feet......

Have u done all the wiring properly into the amp, has it been bridged and HAVE YOU EARTHED IT PROPERLY !!!!!

What head unit are you using ?

gabi
31-08-2004, 04:52 AM
If you get the volume wrong the sub will just fart, its all about the air travel of a sub, it will sound really farty and not produce much bass.

U can buy them from caraudiodirect.co.uk or from halfords.

When you bought the sub, it should say the required volume ! I think its normally in cubic feet......

Have u done all the wiring properly into the amp, has it been bridged and HAVE YOU EARTHED IT PROPERLY !!!!!

What head unit are you using ?

Tizer
31-08-2004, 06:50 AM
Yep i earthed it properly, i havent bridged the amp because i dont yet have a Y adapter for the wires.

head unit = CDX-F7500

Tizer
31-08-2004, 06:50 AM
Yep i earthed it properly, i havent bridged the amp because i dont yet have a Y adapter for the wires.

head unit = CDX-F7500