PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel compatibility, which models??

SLIK
07-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Which other pugs can I get a steering wheel from to replace my tired standard one. I am looking for leather if I can get it, preferr something without an airbag. But if it is all I can get then I shall find a way to case over the centre with a dummy airbag (empty shell).

Anyone know/ fitted another pug wheel?

SLIK
08-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Bump

Anyone??

dunc
08-10-2005, 11:55 PM
s1 xsi wheel?

SLIK
09-10-2005, 12:20 AM
Was thinking 206 etc actually.

infamous aidy
09-10-2005, 03:16 PM
belive the s1 and s2 wheels bolt on completely different to each other dont thay?

Stu_D
09-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Does your s2 have a driverís airbag?
The drivers airbag leather steering wheel are very similar on the 106, 206 and 306 The airbag wheels mount differently on to the steering column (its actually a different column) the only non airbag 206 wheel is a naff rubber 1, the 306 had a sports leather wheel, it appears to be a sort of cross between the 106 s1 and s2 wheels (from what I can tell looking at the rather poor pick I have in front of me).
The air bag wheels use a bole where the non-airbag wheels are fixed with a nylock nut.
If you do not have a drivers airbag then an s1 Rallye wheel will fit witch IMHO is by far Peugeots best looking leather wheel (same as the s1 XSi but with Rallye logo on the center cap instead of the pug lion) they pop up on ebay now and then. The part number for the wheel is "4019 L3" and the Rallye center cap is part "4112 N5" (I think there is a mahogany one too lol)
If you want all the part numbers for the airbag wheels ill c if I can find them.
Cheers.
Stu.

Stu_D
09-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Oh yeh I donít know if the splines are the same on the air bag and the non airbag columns are the same, but as you said you would just make some sort of cover then this would not be an issue. I can only thin the reason for using the nut on the airbag wheels would be to make a bit more room for the air bag unit itself, so if u don't ft 1...you donít need to leave space for it.

SLIK
09-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Thanks mate.

I have a non airbag model.

The wheel I am loking at is a 206 GTi 180 leather wheel. Airbag has gone off and thus just a an empty space remains.

Do you know if the bolt/nyloc arrangement are interchangeable at all, ie bore etc and splines or whatever it is locating the wheel. Then I can get a spent airbag and bodge it or a faulty one and empty it or come up with another centre for it.

The vinyl rim has come unstuck on mine and though not an immediate problem it is something which will need changed and has started to catch me out once in a blue moon.

The other option is obviously a plain three spoke leather wheel with fitting kit of some form.

SLIK
09-10-2005, 03:29 PM
You answered my post before I posted it....

Stu_D
09-10-2005, 03:35 PM
lol, trying to keep up. I pretty sure that the splines are the only thing to worry about, I can only suggest ........ Try it. You will soon find out if it fits.