PDA

View Full Version : speeding fines/points

Gareth Y
05-12-2005, 05:06 PM
I have just read a post over on psooc, whereby someone has got points, but the offence was over 5 weeks ago.

Hope this clarifies the situation for you guys and girls:

Helpful information:

There is a satutory requirement to serve the notice within 14 calender days of the offence, after which it is deemed to be invalid. So it would appear that you can ignore any demand for money or for the submission of your license in order for it to be endorsed, provideing you respond with a letter stating why you feel the notice is invalid.

Given the high number of speeding notices issused, it is not uncommon for a notice to be sent out to late and because most motorists dont know the legal situation, the majority of late notices are successful, resulting in fines being paid, licences endorsed whenm they need not be.

part of the reason for the 14 day limit is that situations where a car hasmore than one driver it is unreasonable to expect the registered keeper, the reciepent of the notice to know who was driving the vehicle at the time of the offence after more than 2 weeks.

So if you write in stating you dont know who was driving due to the 14 day period being over due, so you cant account for who was driving.

But if you dont believe me get this months Evo mag or test drive for december in the porblems page, it explains it properly their.

Hope this helps and saves you a few points.

Not all police are bad, just remember that next time you slag them off ;) ;) ;)

indigorallye
05-12-2005, 05:09 PM
There are exceptions to the 14 day rule. ;)
The above refers to Notices of Intended Prosecution, not summonses.
NIP's do not need to be given when the offender has the offence pointed out to him/ her at the roadside.

G-sport
05-12-2005, 05:10 PM
well known points tbh

but if only it was that easy

loads more tried and tested efforts on the website below if you fancy pushing your luck

http://pepipoo.com/Home.htm

much easier just to be honest and take the punishment for doing the crime in my eyes

:)

G-sport
05-12-2005, 05:29 PM
indigo fancy posting pepipoo link on psooc lol...........i like seeing people sweat :D and getting punished rofl

Gareth Y
05-12-2005, 05:42 PM
There are exceptions to the 14 day rule. ;)
The above refers to Notices of Intended Prosecution, not summonses.
NIP's do not need to be given when the offender has the offence pointed out to him/ her at the roadside.

Well if its at the roadside, then their is no time delay, so for the argument i put forward, then yes you have a valid point the argument is only for NIP's which I should of stated.

Matt King
05-12-2005, 08:47 PM
i got done doing 68 in a 60 and im going to just take the points its not nice tho! got the Nip through within a few days :mad:

indigorallye
06-12-2005, 09:05 AM
68 in a 60
Oooh, that's harsh.

Chris J
06-12-2005, 10:50 AM
i got done doing 68 in a 60 and im going to just take the points its not nice tho! got the Nip through within a few days :mad:
What happened to +10% +3MPH?? (69mph in this case)

G-sport
06-12-2005, 10:53 AM
What happened to +10% +3MPH?? (69mph in this case)

am i missing something ? 68 in a 60 is way more that 10% :confused:

either way at 68 mph the speedo was probably reading over 70mph doh

Chris J
06-12-2005, 11:55 AM
am i missing something ? 68 in a 60 is way more that 10% :confused:

either way at 68 mph the speedo was probably reading over 70mph doh
60 +10% = 66 +3 =69MPH
But you're right about the speedo, would be over 70 on that

G-sport
06-12-2005, 11:59 AM
ha oops i got confused thinking you were saying 3mph was was 10% (to many late nights)

Matt King
06-12-2005, 05:32 PM
it was showing just over 70 on the clock but oh well shit happens!