PDA

View Full Version : bbboooooo to heddlu gogledd cymru

Jim G
08-12-2005, 11:25 AM
got letter this morn from north wales police

35 in a 30

pathetic - gona get my speedo checked coz im not convinced + it wobbleds 5mph + - coz speedo jumpy as

nice christmas present hey

G-sport
08-12-2005, 11:29 AM
if it wobbles 5mph then surely you should have got it checked out much sooner than after a ticket arrives on your door doh

35mph is realistically 40mph on the clock tbh

i would just accept it and save yourself the hassle (unless your licence is relying on it )

sammyp
08-12-2005, 11:31 AM
Gutted.

35 in 30 thats harsh, usually they are leanient with +5mph!!

Was it a permenant camera or a mobile one?

3points in 60 right?

Jim G
08-12-2005, 11:36 AM
was one of them vans with the back window down

all i got at the mo is a notice of intended prosecution

my 3 points i allready got come off of my license in like 4 fuking days or sumet like that and now i got another 3 on the way doh

darrenwm
08-12-2005, 11:37 AM
35?!?!??!?!?

you could have killed some people!

Jim G
08-12-2005, 11:37 AM
g-sport if u got a rallye then u know what theyre like i should imagine for breaking down and needing repairs - speedo wobbling was least of my worrys

piston rings / gearbox / radiator etc etc etc comes 1st !!!

G-sport
08-12-2005, 11:40 AM
g-sport if u got a rallye then u know what theyre like i should imagine for breaking down and needing repairs - speedo wobbling was least of my worrys

its not the least of your worries now ;) lol j/k

oh and breaking down and repairs ?? very happy dont know what you mean ;)

James_H
08-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Mate even if it is out you cant do anything about it now.

Oh well mate. Could be worse.

Jim G
08-12-2005, 11:52 AM
darren if people look b4 they cross i wouldnt kill anyone would i !!! hugh !

Stu_D
08-12-2005, 12:03 PM
I seem to remember you can be 4mph over the limit b4 a peminant speed camera will flash you, and i thought it was the same for mobile ones/copper in a van. its a shame that speedos are quite inaccuarte :mad:

G-sport
darren if people look b4 they cross i wouldnt kill anyone would i !!! hugh !

rofl my thoughts exactly

however if a disabled child who is uneducated in the ways of the road, was to suddenly appear from between 2 cars !! what would you do then ?

widders
they got me to, they were sat in the central reservation of an A road i know very well with the back doors open. i had no grounds to complain though.

unfortunately shit happens, just take it like a man and hope it doesnt happen again, we all go a few mph over the speed limit and sometimes we are going to get caught.

G-sport
08-12-2005, 12:06 PM
I seem to remember you can be 4mph over the limit b4 a peminant speed camera will flash you, and i thought it was the same for mobile ones/copper in a van. its a shame that speedos are quite inaccuarte :mad:

they are inaccurate but generally they read faster than you are actually going, so speedo inaccuracies are a pretty shit excuse really for being caught speeding lol

Jim G
08-12-2005, 12:06 PM
too true widders

and g-sport point granted

what made me laugh was there wasnt any people about and the place looked dead

even the sheep couldnt be bothered to move

TomH
08-12-2005, 12:27 PM
I was under the impression the margin was 10%, but its up to the local force at the end of the day? :confused:

Jim G
08-12-2005, 12:34 PM
i thought it was 10% + 3mph

but thats only things ive gathered from other people - which prob dont have a clue

Petros K
08-12-2005, 12:55 PM
Can any of the resident police officers clarify?

G-sport
08-12-2005, 05:35 PM
am sure indigorallye of dyno did a big post on it once showing the percentages and speeds etc ????

end of the day speeding is speeding so take any %'s with a pinch of salt as they can still prosecute if they are in a bad mood and decide to ignore %'s

dynofiend
08-12-2005, 07:04 PM
there is no hard and fast rule about how much you are allowed to break the speed limit by. If there were then people would simply drive around based on those calculations. I know when we have done speeding operations anyone at 39 and under in a 30 got a warning, and anyone 40 and above got a ticket. There are guidelines, but these are just that, guidelines.

Its best to think that the guidline is, dont break the speed limit, then youll always be safe.

Dave P
08-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Thats unfortunate Jim.

As a rule of thumb i always thought 10% + 2mph was the limit which puts you on that limit...

As Dyno says... the only way to be 100% safe is not to speed.

Morgan
08-12-2005, 11:14 PM
That's an actual joke. 35mph on a 30mph zone. That's a disgrace getting a ticket for that. They tell you it's not about the money but i can't see and i think most will agree that it's an acceptable speed to be doing on a 30mph because you can easily creap up to that without noticing and i dont think its dangerous! I got caught doing 80mph and plead not guilty as the police officer wouldn't show me a calibration cert and when i went to court they had one but no proof that it was tested on the day so the trial was deserted. Lucky!

G-sport
08-12-2005, 11:24 PM
end of the day mate speeding is speeding,

"i was only 5 mph is a crap excuse" 35mph isnt 30mph and as has been said many time, 35mph will likely be showing nearer 40 mph on the speedo of any car as thats the way they are built

a speed limit is there for a reason simple as that, if you are incapable of sticking to a limit then you should face the consequences without moaning in my opinion

SLIK
08-12-2005, 11:34 PM
It may be that he was speeding but 35 is harsh IMO. Lowest I had heard of apart from someone off here's spouse outside a school was 37.

Tis now the situation I can accurately confess my standard of driving and thus safety is compromised by my awareness of my road speed around cameras and sensitive areas. Ie I keep looking at the bloody speedo and not the road, but I have no choice...

Harper
08-12-2005, 11:37 PM
there is no point in saying dont speed.

if anyone on here says they have never, or will never speed, they are a liar.

at the end of the day, we all speed, and its just a case of not going stupidly fast in inappropriatte places, and keeping a keen eye out for the boys in blue.

all speed cameras are clear and have huge signs before saying a camera is ahead.

im actually sick to the back teeth with this obsession with speed. some speed limits are unjust, some are worthy. 70 mph on a motorway at 3am is, in my opinion, far too low (weather permitting). as im sure everyone else will agree. which is why i have often been overtaken by cars well into 3 figure speeds in the dead of night on the m'way ;)

20mph outside a school, however, i agree with, and i alway potter past.

I always say people are most likely to accept a law/rule if it is deemed fair and just. simple as that really.

Morgan
08-12-2005, 11:39 PM
I couldn't agree more. There is a time and a place! Everyone does it though!

G-sport
09-12-2005, 12:08 AM
if anyone on here says they have never, or will never speed, they are a liar.

Totally agree, although my missus genuinly has never gone above a speed limit in her life, what iam getting at is everyone knows that speed limits are there, so if you are going to break the speed limits , dont moan when you get prosecuted for doing so it comes with territory and such like

I always say people are most likely to accept a law/rule if it is deemed fair and just. simple as that really.

i totally agree that some speed limits need looking at like motorway speed limits, however one person "fair and just law" will not always be in someone elses eyes, granted most people on car forums would like speed limits raised, but similarly if there was forums for mum who have had kids killed on a public road they would probably want speed limits reduced, and the majority of the general public who arnt petrol heads and arnt a mum who has had a killed probably couldnt car less rofl

anyway slightly off topic m thinks lol

good luck chap, dont see the point in protesting it though, your wasting your time and money aswell as the justice systems ;)

Gex
09-12-2005, 12:56 AM
3 of mates got pulled this week, all 17yrs, 2 of them denied they were speeding and were just told to slow and the other got told one of light were weak????

And I thought it was 10% + 3mph for inacuracy.

I go by the rule of never ever in a 30 zone, thats about respect for other peoples lives not just your own. However in a 60 most of the time its your life, your decision.

Other options are GPRS, they even pick up mobile camera units now days :)

zoom zoom

Petros K
09-12-2005, 12:05 PM
[rant mode]

Speed limits are archaic and severely out of date...

How the hell can you speed outside a school with the amount of brats hanging about and the bottleneck of X5s etc that concerened mothers use to shield their offspring from harm? Never mind those lovely lolipop people that would slam you in the head to make you stop if you were driving in a convertible?

The fact of the matter is reaction and braking distances. The time lapse until you hit the brakes is the same but the distance travelled is very much different if you travel at 30-35-40 mph. Then comes braking which is very much improved in modern cars but still, the distance is going to be greater under braking.

On the other hand, why not fine that stupid f****n c**t of a parent? Did noone tell them that you need to keep your children close to you when walking on the pavement/street as they have no concept of danger? Same goes with playing football on the street and using my bloody car as goalposts.

Back home, we havent got lolipop people, well, its been a long time since i travelled around during school hours... Yet, we have a relatively minute number of accidents involving young people on the roads. "Roads" used quite liberaly, I should have said mirrors. There is no nanny state and if you are being an arse as a child, you get a slap. Problem solved.

[/rant mode]

JamesV
10-12-2005, 02:55 AM
It's 10% +2mph. So basically 35 is the slowest speed you can get prosecuted for in a 30 limit.

Jim G
14-12-2005, 03:01 PM
bbbooooooo - that makes me feel better ,,,,, NOT !!!

thanks for your input though

i duno weather to be an annoying $%^t and ask if the equipent had been calibrated etc and go that route or just fess up

i saw bit of that programme the other day about the lawer that gets the like of beckham etc off of speeding charges and its tempting

widders
14-12-2005, 03:06 PM
did anyone who got done ask for the photographic evidence? if you havnt then you should, its your legal right. theres a small chance (i do mean very small) that they'll drop the case (my dad did this and they said they would not be taking it any further. result)

i unfortunately got a lovely snap shot through the post.

G-sport
14-12-2005, 03:06 PM
he is very well known and truely amazing, seriously know the law and processes regarding the police...........i doubt very much you could afford him though tbh

i've been told in the past not to mention his name on this forum so i wont now either

Jim G
14-12-2005, 03:30 PM
yer i know i couldnt afford him but it adds to the temtation to try and fight it

if it was for argument sake 40 in a 30 i could understand but 35 is annoying

ive lost the paper work too - soo must go and try and find it

bbbbyyyyyyyeeeeeee for now

dynofiend
14-12-2005, 10:11 PM
tbh you should only fight it if you werent speeding, how could you stand up in court and argue that you shouldnt be done for speeding, when you were speeding? What you want to protest about is the speed you were done for, which is down to police policy, which isnt a matter for a court to decide on. You should take the points and write to your MP about your issues with the reasons you were prosecuted for.

Robsparky
14-12-2005, 10:17 PM
The only way round this one is to ask for full calibration certificates/test sheets of the camera involved, people don't ask for these much, but the police have to show they are in full and calibrated working order, i'm a sparky and our test instruments have to be checked every 3 months, bet the polices cameras are check once in a blue moon!!!

G-sport
14-12-2005, 10:20 PM
The only way round this one is to ask for full calibration certificates/test sheets of the camera involved, people don't ask for these much, but the police have to show they are in full and calibrated working order, i'm a sparky and our test instruments have to be checked every 3 months, bet the polices cameras are check once in a blue moon!!!

just wastes time.........nearlly every time they are clibrated perfectly........so wastinng time and money

did the crime........do the time :rolleyes: dont waste peoples time as well as your own

Robsparky
14-12-2005, 10:23 PM
but 35 in a 30 is pathetic, really nobody can say they stick at 30 dead on the speedo, granted straying to 40 is closed case, but really, 35!

G-sport
14-12-2005, 10:29 PM
but 35 in a 30 is pathetic, really nobody can say they stick at 30 dead on the speedo, granted straying to 40 is closed case, but really, 35!

as has been said 1000 times before speeding is speeding regardless what speed you are doing, 35 mph is more than likely to be 38 - 40 mph on the clock anyway

and no one is saying they stick to exactly the speed limit........the point is if you are caught.....except it and dont waste peoples time

Robsparky
14-12-2005, 10:38 PM
huge money maker for the police, they will get you for anything these days! I'd challenge anything like this. No test certs, no fine or points.

G-sport
14-12-2005, 10:46 PM
the police get nothing !!!

i THINK (not 100%) iam right in saying ALL money goes to the safety camera partnership who have nothing to do with the police

the money pays for admin, maintenance, more camera etc etc and they are a non profit organisation

last year i think they made 21m profit (which goes towards new initiatives towards awareness, and victims etc)

and for your information last year simon cowell paid 28m income tax alone, so tbh the govement get feck all from speed cameras doh

and another one is if you dont speed they dont make all this supposed money :) lol

Robsparky
14-12-2005, 10:53 PM
well ok thats what they say, they'd stand up and swear black was white if they thought it meant losing out.
Anyway Speeding on the whole is very dangerous and very stupid, don't do it.

G-sport
14-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Anyway Speeding on the whole is very dangerous and very stupid, don't do it.

haha sod that driving fast is fun and not dangerous if done in suitable safe places

theres a time and a place

Gareth Y
15-12-2005, 12:42 AM
as has been said 1000 times before speeding is speeding regardless what speed you are doing, 35 mph is more than likely to be 38 - 40 mph on the clock anyway

and no one is saying they stick to exactly the speed limit........the point is if you are caught.....except it and dont waste peoples time

I cant understand this attitude, if it was me who had 3 points on its way i would use any excuse in the book, I wouldnt take it lieing down, try any method you can...you never know it may work out, if not then you have 3 points, you dont loose out....but dont just roll over and die.

35 in 30 is a joke, i would fight it all the way.......different story if it something like 60 in 30 then you only have yourself to blame.

G-sport
15-12-2005, 12:47 AM
I cant understand this attitude, if it was me who had 3 points on its way i would use any excuse in the book, I wouldnt take it lieing down, try any method you can...you never know it may work out, if not then you have 3 points, you dont loose out....but dont just roll over and die.

35 in 30 is a joke, i would fight it all the way.......different story if it something like 60 in 30 then you only have yourself to blame.

its not an attitude its an opinion, and its my opnion that it is time wasting and costly and pointless, its pretty much inevitable that you wont get out of it, not everyone will agree with my opinion, it would be a boring world if everyone thought the same,

if you do something wrong you shoud expect the punishment for it, its just morals

Gareth Y
15-12-2005, 12:52 AM
its not an attitude its an opinion, and its my opnion that it is time wasting and costly and pointless, its pretty much inevitable that you wont get out of it, not everyone will agree with my opinion, it would be a boring world if everyone thought the same,

if you do something wrong you shoud expect the punishment for it, its just morals

The shits of society use the law to their effect..so why shouldnt good honest, tax paying people use it to their effect aswell (oh and students:p :p )....no we just roll over and take it.

But thats just my opinion

G-sport
15-12-2005, 12:55 AM
The shits of society use the law to their effect..so why shouldnt good honest, tax paying people use it to their effect aswell (oh and students:p :p )....no we just roll over and take it.

But thats just my opinion

seems fair enough to me to some extent (i pay plenty of tax, dont take out stupid loans and dont apply for grants paid for by the tax payer lol, iam a non tax dodging kind of student if that was a dig tongue out tongue out tongue out )

Gareth Y
15-12-2005, 12:57 AM
seems fair enough to me to some extent (i pay plenty of tax, dont take out stupid loans and dont apply for grants paid for by the tax payer lol, iam a non tax dodging kind of student if that was a dig tongue out tongue out tongue out )

it was a joke, however I knew you would take bait... tongue out tongue out

Wasnt to long ago I was a student, those early morning get ups at noon

G-sport
15-12-2005, 01:22 AM
it was a joke, however I knew you would take bait... tongue out tongue out

Wasnt to long ago I was a student, those early morning get ups at noon

i wish :( i was up at 6:30 this morning in for 7:30 taking photos of a yard as any other time its to busy :(, and its not unusual for me to be in at 9ish most days :(

and most nights iam up this late doing work (however tonight iam just up enjoying the banter tongue outtongue out)

i must be on the wrong course cry

.............i feel its gone off topic abit anyway lol

1) some people think you should fight it

2) some people think you perhaps shouldnt

3) down to you

4) .........

Jim G
16-12-2005, 12:44 PM
hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm

well ive lost it now :o

had to phone the police up and got putt hrough to 10 zillion billion different people

finally got through to camera people - now there sending me another 1 - great !!!

Dobber Sport
16-12-2005, 03:30 PM
its that time of year, police have to get bonus's too :rolleyes: fines must go up about 100x around christmas, seen on loads of fourms ppl getting done for stupid stuff that they wouldnt normally charge u for

imagin if every driver on the road done nothing wrong? the police wouldnt be happy!!