PDA

View Full Version : side mounted buckets

alex_mh
22-12-2005, 11:03 PM
im gonna get some sparco evos which are side mounted.

how do i attach the side mounts to the floor?
do new holes need drilling?or are the side mounts blank so i can drill them to use the existing mounting points?

thanks alex.

timmy (the face) b
23-12-2005, 07:41 AM
Side mounts are typically designed to be bolted to the floor.

I've just bought a few lengths of amulinium angle to make up some frames, so I'll post up a guide to show how I made them. May be of interest to you?

G-sport
23-12-2005, 08:05 AM
iam looking at some at the moment from a saxo which seem to have been mounted to a cobra sidemounts and then onto some sliders......could be wrong though, thats just what i can tell from the pics.........i have asked for better pics and an explanation......although i dont really know much and they may infact not even be sidemounts lol

Ken1ch
23-12-2005, 01:08 PM
I have sparcos, and Evo and a Corsa. I have the side mounts bolted onto Normal Sparco subframes, which saved me drilling the car!

Subframes have a fair bit of weight to them, but there lovely buckets and im stripped anyways :)

indigorallye
23-12-2005, 01:32 PM
As above, but mine are OMP sub frames.
They do weigh quite a bit but it's short term until I get the box section welded in.

alex_mh
23-12-2005, 05:54 PM
indigorallye-are you welding box section to the floor pan then to mount the sidemounts on.

i guess i will have to get subframes then. how high do they make the seat though?not to high i hope. i guess just with sidemounts bolted to the floor they would be too low anyway.

thanks any more opinions would be helpfull.

indigorallye
23-12-2005, 07:48 PM
It wont be welded to the floor. It will run from the sill to the exhaust tunnel. Subframes will then bolt direct to the box section.

dunc
23-12-2005, 08:01 PM
http://www.dcoe.net/gallery/jools/Sear%20support.JPG

Dan_369
26-02-2006, 06:17 PM
so to fit side mounts i would have to buy the subframes too? using OMP side mounts if that makes a difference?