PDA

View Full Version : Another Damaged Rallye!!!

Daz_Ross
23-12-2005, 10:10 AM
106rallye s2

Was driving to pick my mate up from work yesterday at 5.00pm, just a slow drive at that time, couldn't really move around alot with the evening traffic. Pulled behind about 3 cars which were stopped at a traffic light and slowly stopped. Looked in the rear mirror and large headlights were coming towards me. Thinking he was going to stop i didn't really worry about it. Untill i realised there was no chance in hell was he going to stop till he hit me. He slammed on his breaks and skidded towards the rear of my car so i pulled forward trying to avoid him but cars were coming from the other direction so had little room to move. Sure enough the C*nt plowed into the back of my car. Got out my car and i was fuming. Looked at my car and the tailgate was smashed in, left rear cluster smashed up and bumper pushed in and scratched alot. Turns out the guy who hit me in his pickup worked for a local scrapyard. He then tried to blame it on me saying i breaked harshly and gave him no chance. Was taking some witnesses info and he got in and started to drive off! followed him to his yard and his boss said he would sort it out. Oh, also told him what i wanted (Rallye decals back on) and he said that was my problem and thats life!

indigorallye
23-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Tell him you will go through insurance then.

matt_e
23-12-2005, 10:25 AM
what a fuckin prick man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope it gets sorted dude good man 4 getting witnesses!

James_H
23-12-2005, 10:25 AM
Tell him you will go through insurance then.

Agreed - dont sort this one out without the insurance I would say, or else it could get messy.

99% of the time if some one goes onto the back of you its their fault - and this sounds the case to me.

TomH
23-12-2005, 10:26 AM
I would have called the police, and demanded his insurance details if that was his attitude....

Otherwise he will probably try and fob you off with a old boot badly sprayed etc etc

Tom

recrudesce
23-12-2005, 10:40 AM
that's why, in this weather, i leave a car's length between me and the car infront when i'm stationary. this then gives me space to move if this kind of problem presents itself.

insurance, definately.

semtex
23-12-2005, 10:40 AM
bastard, probably do a right bodge job on the cheap , definatly go through the insurance as you have witnesses to the whole thing , you could also say that he left the scene of an accident

sammyp
23-12-2005, 10:41 AM
Wat a nobber.

Sorry to hear that. Def go through police. If you were stationairy when he hit you its his fault.

And as for the bloke turning you down saying thats life?! try fire bombing his scrappy and telling him lifes a bitch i'm sure he will understand then.

Stocky
23-12-2005, 10:47 AM
Shocking, sounds like you should go through insurance, or you could end up getting screwed.

It's a hit and run incident, which is a serious offence. I was stationary and got hit a few days ago on the M1 and the woman sped off - I got her plate but the police basically said they get 10-15 of them reported a day, so i should just fix it myself! :mad:

Chris J
23-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Proper bastard!
I don't have a clue why he thinks he can get away with it, you were stationary or slow moving and he rear ended you case closed! Defo go through insurance mate!

I had someone drive into the side of me yesterday and then bugger off, didn't get a chance to catch up with them tho :(

Daz_Ross
23-12-2005, 11:17 AM
makes me sick really does.:mad: Its not like he couldn't see me or didn't have chance to slow down ands stop. Drivers like that worry me. Sorry to hear about your car mate.
Thanks for all replys:)

Dave P
23-12-2005, 03:32 PM
No 1/4 panel damage then?

What a nightmare.

What a bloody cheek him trying to blame you! :mad:

I hope it gets sorted out ok.

Baz F
23-12-2005, 03:35 PM
BARSTEWRD! If that were me id go to the police about it , fingures crossed for you you get her sorted out right!

dynofiend
23-12-2005, 03:49 PM
report the accident to police, now, dont wait, do it now over the phone. Tell them you think he has no insurance, left the scene of the accident and was drivin without due care. If you dont do this you severly risk getting nothing from them.

Harper
23-12-2005, 04:01 PM
what a complete and utter wanker, i would want serious retribution if he tried to blame me for the same thing.

at the end of the day, if he left a suitable gap between himself and you, he would have been able to stop. simple, his fault no question. get the feds involved it shits them right up and kicks them into action.

chris106
24-12-2005, 12:09 AM
report the accident to police, now, dont wait, do it now over the phone. Tell them you think he has no insurance, left the scene of the accident and was drivin without due care. If you dont do this you severly risk getting nothing from them.

When i went to report my accident to the local police station said I had to report it within 24 hrs of the incident, so was too late

Sounds simular to what happened with me this, hope you dont have the same nightmare as me getting your money back :(

Daz_Ross
24-12-2005, 09:46 AM
No its just the back end. N/S cluster, tailgate, and the bumper is distort. Hopefully no unseen damage

Spoke to the guys manager today who wanted to sort things out without doing it through the insurance. I said "how will i benefit not going through the insurance, how do i know your not going to do it on the cheap"
He replied "I'm sick of this! (started mumbling about how many trucks he owns) if you want to go through the insurance do so but i'm putting the phone down right now"
Said 'fair enough' and hung up. Got his insurance details through 24hours after they were asked for so thats what im doing. The insurance company said they will ring me back sometime to arrange an inspection. Not sure when that will be due to time of year.

semtex
24-12-2005, 09:52 AM
tossers , make sure the insurance take it to a reputable garage aswell though mate

Daz_Ross
24-12-2005, 09:58 AM
Yeah thanks will make sure of it

G-sport
24-12-2005, 10:25 AM
hows your neck ;)

clearly his company has a problem with drivers and they hit alot and his premiums are probably already through the roof hence not wanting to go through the insurance....

LukeTHeJew
24-12-2005, 10:29 AM
im really sorry to hear about your car mate, there are some seriously arrogant an un considerate people in the world!

Daz_Ross
24-12-2005, 10:31 AM
hows your neck ;)

clearly his company has a problem with drivers and they hit alot and his premiums are probably already through the roof hence not wanting to go through the insurance....
haha :) sounds like it, he was being a proper dick over the phone though. Could just about garentee that if i didn't go through the insurance they would give me shitty parts from his scrappy

kennymac
24-12-2005, 12:08 PM
where theres blaim theres a claim(go to hospital with your sore neck)