PDA

View Full Version : Collecting new car - Car tax query

darrenwm
24-12-2005, 09:08 AM
A friend of mine is picking up a new car today.

He can't tax it if insurance letter hasn't arrived, what does the law say about whether he can drive without tax for a couple of days?

tommy_rallye
24-12-2005, 09:31 AM
to be honest i think they'd still fine him for no tax, but thats if he got caught.

G-sport
24-12-2005, 10:48 AM
no tax = not legal to drive simple as that .........you could tow it legally though

the only thing you can get away with driving without is MOT and you have to have proof that you are driving it somewhere to be tested to get away with that

Petros K
24-12-2005, 11:07 AM
The dealership should not allow him to take it away unless its taxed and insured. he should arrange insurance and tax before he picks it up.

Tewkes
24-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Well im very good mates with a couple of police women and my mates dad is a TOP guy at the cop station.

If you got no tax, just inform the police and tell them whats going on and if you get caught just go back to the same one and tell them to send a letter to DVLA saying it is ok.

They said i could pick up my car and only drive it home, or drive it to get tax. They said if i got caught just inform the police that said it was ok.

G-sport
24-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Well im very good mates with a couple of police women and my mates dad is a TOP guy at the cop station.

If you got no tax, just inform the police and tell them whats going on and if you get caught just go back to the same one and tell them to send a letter to DVLA saying it is ok.

They said i could pick up my car and only drive it home, or drive it to get tax. They said if i got caught just inform the police that said it was ok.

rofl

good night

Petros K
24-12-2005, 12:00 PM

Utter and total bollocks as I am sure our resident boys in blue will verify. Its illegal to drive a car without tax and insurance.

Tewkes
24-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Ok think what you want but my mates dad and the women i know in the police told me the same thing as i the xsi i was gonna collect got no tax.

Petros K
24-12-2005, 12:12 PM

Never mind that the above does not make sense...

At 18 years of age you should be a lot more concious of how the world works. Never mind, you go driving around with no tax and see what happens.

My friend's friend who knows another's mate whos mother in law slept with a policeman once, told me its ok to drive without tax.
I think I 'll do it!

In fact I am on my way to rip the tax disks off my cars. I will tell them to phone up the police to tell the dvla its ok.

ITS ILLEGAL!!! (circumstances do not make any difference)

darrenwm
24-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Thanks - he's picking it up on wednesday now :)

G-sport
24-12-2005, 12:16 PM
funny post

that cracked me up lol

Petros K
24-12-2005, 12:30 PM
Now now...play nice. I have edited your post, please refrain from such expressions of affection in the future.

In the spirit of Xmas and everything else...no ban this time.

mick humphreys
28-12-2005, 09:02 PM
tis true i got caught after i brought my car had no tax and insurance company fcuked up sending my docs when i was meant to be going to brum so i went thinking id get away with it and i drove through one of those mobile van things got a 40 fine i think it was i called and explained and they said we understand it wasnt your fault but if it has no tax it shouldnt be on the road full stop.

im sure thats still the only mobile tax van ive ever seen just had to be when i had no tax haha