PDA

View Full Version : Bloody mechanic!

2Speedy
26-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Just a moan really........so i apologise before hand.

Would you believe the mechanic has had my car for over a week to do a driveshaft and i was suppose to meet him on wed he didnt show up and now 5days later he wont pick his phone up. My mate spotted my car parked outside a house which i assume is the mechanics house, i havent knocked yet but am now thinking i may as well just go pick it up. Or i can wait a few more days but so far its ruinined the holiday as i am stuck at home without a car.

Ive used him for years and cant believe he is being such a twat, at least have the common courtesy to call me and tell me when i can expect it back.

Petros K
26-12-2005, 04:05 PM
Driveshaft change is 30 mins max, even for a relatively inexperienced mechanic. Sorry, thats unacceptable and adding to the fact that he has been driving your car around without your knowledge or permission makes it even worse. Knock on his door and demand your keys. If he even thinks about asking for money, tell him to F**K OFF!

2Speedy
26-12-2005, 04:12 PM
what happened is i dropped it off on monday, it took him all day to tell me it was the driveshaft so at 4.30 i ordered one from GSF, dropped it off to him, then on wed he still hadnt fitted it (just as well really) as it was the wrong one. So i called him wed and he said he will do it today, so without taking that one back (as i thought he was gonna do it same day) i went to main dealer and got the right one. I waited for couple hours then he didnt show, so now ive brought 2 driveshafts, one which he still has and he wont answer my calls so i cant pick it up to return it, and as its cost me 350 for them both. And the most annoying thing is the 130 s spent on the other driveshaft was beer money to go out. So its boxing day and not a pot to piss in.

he told me he would kp my car at his house in the week as it was safer than his garage. I wouldnt mind too much if i knew i was getting the car back say 2m or wed but not knowing has put a massive dent in all my plans. Ive got my spare set so il call him if he dnt answer il just go pick it up and let him sweat thinking someone has nicked it. very happy

darrenwm
26-12-2005, 04:13 PM
Doesn't sound like a professional garage or mechanic to me...

2Speedy
26-12-2005, 04:20 PM
He is normally pretty good and never had any problems with him but sometimes i think the nicer you are with people the more they think they can get away with.

its been a week without a car and what a nightmare, stuck at home and aint got use of any cars at the moment either.

darrenwm
26-12-2005, 04:27 PM
the fact that you've brought the parts and taken to him etc...

Luke S
26-12-2005, 04:50 PM
that bloke sounds a rite cowboy! ive changed my driveshaft in an 20mins and im useless mate so id put the bloke straight and get your car back.

2Speedy
26-12-2005, 05:21 PM
I would of done the d/s myself only reason i didnt was cz i dont have a torque wrench for the intermediate bearing bracket bolts and am paranoid about over or under tightening them and i dont have a torque wrench for the hub nut.

He was suppose to do my ARB bushes to as one of the bolts cross threaded. I cant get down there tonight but il go down 2m and give him a pleasant piece of my not so formal language lol.

G-sport
26-12-2005, 10:13 PM
report it stolen ;)

2Speedy
26-12-2005, 10:20 PM
hmmmm that would be a good one. I did actually think of that too. Il give him until 2m afternoon to get bk to me only cz its gonna be a nightmare to get anyone to do it before new year if i go pick it up. And its missions for me to get the tools to do the stuff myself.

Was dying to get my new g88 discs and ferodo ds2500 pads on as well which are sitting on my bedroom floor dying to be fitted.

DaveG40
28-12-2005, 04:55 PM
If you get the car back and can get to Bracknell ill change it for you - and you can pay me half his money and keep more for beer...

How much is he chargin you for officially taking the yee ha?