PDA

View Full Version : Too much for my first 106 rallye?

samol
27-12-2005, 07:18 AM
Hello
Thought you guyy could help me!!
I think i've got a buyer for my 306 rallye so I'm on the look out for a 106 rallye.
I'm after a S1 because I intend to sprint and hillclimb it this summer (the 306 falls into an over 1400cc class and competition is a bit too steep!!).
under 1400cc puts me in with the minis nova's etc
Anyway, I've found a very tidy s1 N reg which should fit the bill 88k on the clock. It's got an OMP cage Fia drivers seat and harness both not required but usefull if I intend to tarmac rally later on. It's also got bilstien suspension.
The dealer selling it knows what he's on about. I've had dealings with him before, he has a big history in motorsport and deals mainly in pug gti's. He will MOT and service it with a new cam belt too.

Here's the big question...
Is it worth 2900
Is he dreaming or should I go for it

I've seen goup n rally cars going for 4000- 8000
Let me know what you think

t11ner
27-12-2005, 07:26 AM
I would think that value of a modded car like that would largely come down to how good the mods are. It would certainally cost plenty to add those bits to a standard car but make sure that none of the mods will alter your class entry for sprintingoops

samol
27-12-2005, 08:11 AM
The only restrictions on the raod going class is engine modifications... so It should be fine

SLIK
27-12-2005, 08:22 AM
It is a fair whack of cash for an S1 with that mileage...

Is there a decent warranty with it? I would have thought nearer teh 2K mark would be closer to realistic but?? Specially if you're going to compete in it and possibly damage it.

darrenwm
27-12-2005, 10:20 AM
you could probably buy a standard S1 and do those mods yourself for less cash, plus his one will have been hill-climbed to death! oops

samol
27-12-2005, 11:31 AM
you could probably buy a standard S1 and do those mods yourself for less cash, plus his one will have been hill-climbed to death! oops
No competition use yet all the mods have just been done, I think he was considering using it himself next season but has something different.
The problem I have is- My 306 Rallye goes today & I'll be with out a car, so do I buy a 300 banger to get to work and back while I look for a good one or try and get this for say the 2500 mark and save some time looking(I have a young family!! getting a day to travel & find a car is not easy!!)

SLIK
27-12-2005, 11:42 AM
if you think it is worth it then it is....

So long as the engine is sound and the body is good and you have the original parts then it could be worth 2500, just be careful with it as a 2500 S1 has to be (should be) a very good car.

Luke S
27-12-2005, 11:57 AM
my mates got a s1 rallye rolling shell wiv full cage, cobra monaco buckets and harnesses and koni suspension wiv a set off compomotive alloys. its ideal for what you want mate and all she needs is an engine putting. it sounds alot better value than wot your looking at for the money because he only wants 950 for it with the rallye gearbox inc. if you wants sum pics let me know and il post them up for you asap