PDA

View Full Version : Quoted

Daz_Ross
04-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Have bought most of the bits for my car now in order to get a cheaper quote. Bits included Radiator, fan unit, bumper, headlight and front panel. Have now been quoted to get this job done 803 inc VAT. Is this a good price. Thought it was still overpriced for the work that needed to be done. Needs all parts fitted (i could do this myself but no point because they will need to come off again to remove the front panel for respraying) Respray of the front panel and front bumper and knocking the wing straight with the bonnet. They said it will cost more to respray the bumper because they will have to dismantle it to respray it. Heres the quote.

To remove all damaged parts and associated trims
To pull into position the front panel along with nearside inner wing
Align and fit new front panel and crossmember supplied
Align and fit new headlights, front spoiler and radiator as supplied along with any ancillary items.
Prime and prepare
Respray all new panels
(PRICE ASSUMES THE PARTS SUPPLIED ARE IN GOOD CONDITION)
Refit all ancillaries
Re-trim
PARTS LIST

BUMPER BRACKETS (2) 13.66
GRILLE 8.43
FRONT CROSSMEMBER 27.37
ANTI-FREEZE 9.00
SUNDRIES 15.75
PAINT AND MATERIALS 120.00
LABOUR 490

VAT 119.73
PRICE 803.95

Robsparky
05-04-2006, 05:19 AM
well i wasn't far off at all with 750 was i darren! Robsparky official estiamtor:heh:

Is that your first quote?

Daz_Ross
05-04-2006, 03:58 PM
My first quote was 1400. That was for new everything and repair. Maybe i'd be best off getting a panel beater to align the wing back in and fitting everything else myself. Just taking parts to get sprayed om their own.