PDA

View Full Version : The first owner of my rallye had a .....

Robsparky
14-04-2006, 05:58 PM
The first owner of my car had once had Tv or a Dvd system installed. I pulled up the rear seats for the first time and found some speaker cable bundled up underneath plus what looks to be some high spec co axial cable aswell. Plus there is 2 small screw holes on the far left of the fan console, so i reckon a dvd on a swinging arm.

Oh well i ripped the extra weight out, but am still left with the 2 holes any ideas how to fill them up? (i'm a bit of a perfectionist)

BLOODY CHAVY CRAP! GRR

TomH
14-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Mine came with all the cables for amps etc , was in for 5 mins when i owned it :grin:

Mines a rescued rallye bloody chavs!

James_H
14-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Mine came with all the cables for amps etc , was in for 5 mins when i owned it :grin:

Ditto!! exaclty the same on my old rallye, although the guy was far from chav - he was the second owner and an audi engineer.

Wierd. I had a massive amp cable from the batt to the boot and holes drilled where an amp had been positioned.

Nice Bose speakers installed in the door panels too, same size just better performance ones.

They soon came out,..............and the battery cable to the boot may now be used by my bro in law on my old S1 sprint car for a battery move to the boot.

James_H
14-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Oh well i ripped the extra weight out, but am still left with the 2 holes any ideas how to fill them up? (i'm a bit of a perfectionist)

very hard to fill holes on the dash successfully.

I would try something like arildite. It drys like plastic - although it's white you could then paint over it.?? I dunno.

Maybe try some dark grey silicolne sealant or something of the like. Pop down B&Q and see what they got?

Harper
14-04-2006, 11:25 PM

mine did as well, the guy that owned it before me worked for an audio shop, so there are 2 holes in the bulkhead that i need to get round to filling, and shit loads of dynamat stuck all over the interior that will never come off :(