PDA

View Full Version : random ramble

infamous aidy
18-04-2006, 05:13 AM
well i have bucket seats comp mo's and other expensive bits on me car but you know what, i painted my wing mirrors white the other day and i'm chuffed to bits at how well they freshen up the car! i've only done the removable cap bits but i think they look great, yay! all i need to do know is finally get round to doing my wheels i just need loads of masking tape

its the simple things in life eh

kenich
18-04-2006, 07:04 AM
yeah it sure is! When I changed my caps for white ones I was well chuffed how smart it looked, almost like a GTi :lmao:

babyalien
18-04-2006, 07:07 AM
well done. i've been wanting to do my wing mirrors for a while now but didn't as its been so bloody cold i thoght it might take an eternity for them to dry ( only have a shed to do it in ). i love the half body coloured look of them, guess it would have been too pricey or something for pug to do it when they made the car. i think your wheels will be a bit more complicated though as you ideally need them powder-coated if you want them to last. unless you work in a paint-shop, in which case i shall keep my advise to myself. well done on the mirrors.:veryhappy:

Freedo
18-04-2006, 09:39 AM
i want to do this aswell, once i have found some decent ones...

jameshilton
18-04-2006, 09:50 AM
got any pics?

Freedo - not sure it looks good on the S1 as we have the black window B pillar whereas the S2 doesn't.

infamous aidy
18-04-2006, 07:32 PM
i dont have any pics ant the mo but it does look nice. my mates s1 looks bang on with the white mirrors, its odd how everything on rallyes is colour coded bar the mirrors

kenich
18-04-2006, 07:39 PM
And the Door handles! :(

jameshilton
18-04-2006, 08:11 PM
personally I always liked the plastic handle and mirrors, makes it obviously a Rallye... and all painting does it make them look good so why bother... but then I'm running alloys for that reason so I do get it :)

infamous aidy
19-04-2006, 05:28 AM
dont forget the peasants models have plazzy mirrors too. i think when rallyes are coded they look much more special, like their higher than a gti in the pecking order, all it needs now is a gti spoiler. i'm not fussed about the door handles been black tho

kenich
19-04-2006, 07:57 AM
dont forget the peasants models have plazzy mirrors too. i'm not fussed about the door handles been black tho

Same here as I can live with black plastic door handles, but the wing mirrors had to be changed! Often I think we have been stitched with cheapo black plastic shit, but then again we had colour coded bumpers where as the GTi didnt :p

infamous aidy
20-04-2006, 06:53 AM
yeah those shitty gti's lol they got bummed off wi nasty leather too