PDA

View Full Version : 106 Rallying - Suspension advice needed!!!

PHIOMAN
07-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Hi

I am using my 16 valve for tarmac rallying on the Isle of Man, we have 106 cup car front struts and ohlins on the rear with standard torsion bars and a 24 mm anti roll bar. The problem is the rear end is very twitchty on the bumpy roads over here. We are also running a TMS plate diff which I think adds to the problem (although we couldnt live without it). Does anyone have any suggestions / ideas / geometry settings etc we could try to make the car more driveable and stable on the bumpy stuff? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

SLIK
07-08-2006, 10:36 PM
You running gravel inserts on the car?

I know my mate who ran a cup car found the PTS tarmac setup too low and harsh for bumpier roads and opted for the higher gravel setup on tarmac. Could be the rear is overdamped for standard TB's. Some of the gravel cars were running 21mm TB's as far as I recall, I know some stuck with 19's though.

Paul R
08-08-2006, 07:48 AM
could be under damped if its bouncing around a bit, how many way adjustable is the Ohlins?

If be tempted to go down a ARB size or two then put thicker torsion bars in.

or even go back to standard and go from there.

PHIOMAN
08-08-2006, 12:39 PM
I currently have the full cup gravel set up on the front and the rear dampers were specifically designed for the Isle of Man so they should be ok. The rear dampers are two way adjustable so it may just take a bit more testing to get the right set up on the dampers for the TB's and ARB we have. Does anyone have any full set up including castor / camber / ride heights etc for gravel or tarmac rallying?

Thanks

Dave P
08-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Proflex 3 way adjustables on the rear are probably the best way to cure it... once set up correctly...

Everyone that uses them seem to rave about them.

Paul R
08-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Phioman You have PM