PDA

View Full Version : oaks trophy road rally 2nd 3rd september

roama
22-08-2006, 07:32 AM
looks like there will be at least 4 rallyes out on this cheshire/derbyshire event. starts at marton just outside congleton on the A34

dunc
22-08-2006, 08:38 AM
I was down at the Royal Oak last monday actually, would of come to watch but away at Brands Hatch mechanicing.

ross-obrien
23-08-2006, 05:16 PM
I am out with Johnny205VTR in his blue S2.

Being local we are hoping for a good run especially as Johnny isn't shy down the whites. We did this event last year and enjoyed it (even managed to get a pot).

Will probably be won by one of the local lads (Matlock MC of course).

Anybody else off here coming out to play?

Ross

roama
24-08-2006, 08:30 AM
ive only managed to do this event once since we resurected it it in 2000, came 3rd navigating in 2004 i think.
was joint c of c for two years and marshalled the other one. have built an s1 this year though and this will be its first outing, and with me driving it could be its last:veryhappy:

ross-obrien
27-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Roama

Do you know what editions of 118 and 119 are needed. I have posted on BRF but have not had a response. I have numerous 118 and 119's of varying editions. The regs just state the most recent,m but i do know that both editions have recently changed and therefore the CoC may not have used the most current.

Ross

roama
27-08-2006, 11:32 PM
ross sorry i dont know which editions the c of c has used but if it says latest editions, use them. its supposed to be classic stuff so i wouldnt worry to much, dont think any of the "usual" roads have changed recently.

ross-obrien
29-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Just looked at the final entry list. There are 3 red S1's, a blue S2 (us), a blue xsi and a white 205 Rallye. Not a bad entry with nearly 10% of the entered cars being Rallye's.

See you Saturday

Ross

dunc
29-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Just looked at the final entry list. There are 3 red S1's, a blue S2 (us), a blue xsi and a white 205 Rallye. Not a bad entry with nearly 10% of the entered cars being Rallye's.

See you Saturday

Ross

White 205 will be Ben's from Ecurie royal oak, had a passenger ride in it a couple week nights ago and was very impressed!

ross-obrien
29-08-2006, 09:31 PM
It is Ben's. He is quite quick and he will want to beat me as I took first novice of him and Shaun (Nav) on the Drystone in July.

I am looking forward to this event. Johnny has put new Bilstein inserts on the car and has beat his sump guard back into shape ready for the event.

I would love a top twenty finish, but with the quality of the entry, this may be easier said than done. Will try and post some pics after the event.

Ross

ross-obrien
04-09-2006, 06:00 PM
What happened Roama?

We has a good event (finished 20th) although we should have finished higher (we would have done if i could plot / read a map).

We had a few car troubles through the night. Main one being that the car wuld not stop in second gear meaning Johnny could not always keep the speed through bends. We also triggered the factory in-built cut off on a white after we hit the ground a bit too hard.

The whites were imense fun especially with Johnny's new suspension. They were a little rough in places but the car stood up to them (hate to think wha state the sump guard is in).

Thanks to Johny for a good night and ERO for the event.

Ross

roama
05-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Ross the throttle cable snapped coming over the first dam after the goyt forest. we had no spare so bodged it back together to limp home. dropped 8.44 on the first card so at least we were winning the novice class when we retired.
car went well apart from that, at least nothing fell off as i was half expecting
could have done with being a bit higher though, was too low for those whites after 40 cars had been through.
just need to find a rally with no uphills next time:grin:
cheers, jez

jameshilton
05-09-2006, 04:58 PM
spoke to Ben in work today - said he'd had fun - but his floor pan had taken a pumelling!! :)

anyone get any photos?

ross-obrien
05-09-2006, 07:09 PM
anyone get any photos?

I will put a link up when they are available.

Ross