PDA

View Full Version : If I put my car in to Peugeot for a service...

G-Dub
21-01-2007, 10:43 PM
What can I expect and for what sort of price? Would they check over the whole car and prepare me a report of what parts have perished and need replacing?

Bit clueless and the woman at my local pug is a cow so don't want to call and ask!

dunc
21-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Depending on what service you ask for, they'll do an oil/filter change, and plugs/airfilter. Check the suspension over for play, perishing bushes and stuff, report on anything that needs work, do the tyre pressures and report the tread depths.

Brake Fluid Change too if you ask for it.

Plus a Stamp the service book.

aka0019
22-01-2007, 12:12 PM
If I remember correctly it's about 300.00 for a major service. I'm guessing for that price they would check over everything. Your probably best off giving them a call.

R9 PUG
22-01-2007, 12:19 PM
140 for a full service at my local pug dealer. and they told me exactly what needed replacing so not bad, last service i put the car into was a normal garage didnt even tell me any problems and the probs the pug garage told me about wasnt even replaced ( radius arms )

vossy
22-01-2007, 01:19 PM
they do 3 different services.bronze,silver,gold.

bronze- oil,filter,sump washer,washer fluid - 109
silver-same but with air filter - 130ish
gold- same as silver with fuel filter,engine flush,additive,gearbox oil - 199

plus they do a so many point test and report anything that needs doing

was where i worked anyway, might be different around the country.

R9 PUG
22-01-2007, 01:26 PM
the pug dealer here only offerd me a 1/2 or full service so i chose full and was 140 or 130 cant remember probably 140 knowing them! im guessing it changes from dealer to dealer

Harper
22-01-2007, 05:03 PM
at our pug garage its P1, P2 or P3.

P2 is never asked for really, P1 is a oil and filter change and a basic saftey check for 79.99, P3 is change oil, filter, plugs, fuel filter, air filter, brake fluid, full saftey inspection for 179.99

matt_e
22-01-2007, 05:06 PM
basically just go to a normal garage and save you self loads of dosh

G-Dub
22-01-2007, 06:05 PM
basically just go to a normal garage and save you self loads of dosh

Sounds like a plan! I guess if I never sell the Rallye then the service history doesn't matter!

Gregg
22-01-2007, 07:27 PM
It really depends how good your local Pug dealer is, the service you get there may not be any better than a good local place, it's still a person doing the work and if they're pushed for time (or half blind) things will get missed. If you get a competitive quote from the dealer it's worth going for, the benefits should be genuine parts, service stamp and better service (collection/delivery, courtesy car, wash & vac).

Dealers like to get older cars in, so a P3 service at 180ish is good value, just be careful about letting them do extra work as this is where they try to make they're money, hence why a dealer is more likely to find things 'wrong'.

Harper
23-01-2007, 06:20 AM
Dealers like to get older cars in, so a P3 service at 180ish is good value, just be careful about letting them do extra work as this is where they try to make they're money, hence why a dealer is more likely to find things 'wrong'.

but again, thats where the individual comes into it. i dont care how old the car is or what its having done, if i find something wrong i'll report it, if not, i refuse to make stuff up as im not that kind of person, yet we have a guy who on 99% of services, without fail, will say the car needs new discs and pads and ive seen some he has done that were good for another 15,000 miles. there has been a few times now he has come wandering around asking if anyone has a knackered set of pads as the customer wants to see them.

i dont see the point in lieing because one day he will get a car that the customer knows what they are talking about and it will bite him in the arse.