PDA

View Full Version : rallye for life

gibbins
26-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Since i havent had my car for the past week, it feels like i've lost a limb the car i'm driving is boring me to death. i want my rallye back, so i imangine if i sell it'd feel like this but worse at least i know i will be getting my car back on the road soon.

so come on how many people sold rallyes then soon after wished they hadnt.

p.s. as u can tell i'm bored

scot-ish
26-02-2007, 11:32 PM
a sold an xsi wen i got ma ban

an just got a nother one once it was over, 1450 ti insure it TPFT, but i think its well worth it,

av got 3 o the buggers now, an a even went an bought the old one back, after the fucker wrecked it

cheep tho, 100, still wi the leda coilovers on it, but the came n zuast wer kinna fucked a bit

paulydixon
26-02-2007, 11:32 PM
I don't think i'll ever sell mine, to be honest the money i'd recoup is minimal in comparison to the laugh of owning the little thing

gibbins
26-02-2007, 11:35 PM
i'd lose so much if i sold it anyway. eventually it may become a weekend toy. but for its weekend and daily drive toy :D

vossy
26-02-2007, 11:35 PM
i sold my 1st rallye for my starlet gt, which i enjoyed immensly for 1yr but the track came calling so i sold up and got my current rallye.
i only sold the starlet as i couldnt risk crashing a 3k car but ive now spent about 3k on the rallye with atleast another 1k to be spent:D

gibbins
26-02-2007, 11:37 PM
i looked at a few starlet turbo's but they where like 5k before i decided to buy the rallye. think i made the correct choice.

rallye_matt
26-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Well I had my S2 for 3 years in which time spent silly money on it, did the valver conversion etc etc, sold it for an Elise which I had for a year, then the Saxo which I had for 6 months and now I have a S1 Rallye which I think is going to be the best fun out of the lot. There's a certain something with these cars, but then I think we all know that already.

gibbins
26-02-2007, 11:44 PM
i got so much stick when i bought the rallye, just because i bought a french tin can as i was told. still get it when i ahve to replace something quite often to be honest everythings gone wrong on it lately. but its cheap fun.

Tom J
26-02-2007, 11:52 PM
Mine makes me laugh and it has made me cry too, but I wouldn't be without it. That's why I bought Laura one, albeit a nicer, standard, less thrashed, less hardcore one.

Mine will probably end up either as a Valver or a garden shed, Laura's I hope will last somewhat better, but even though I love Red ones, and even though Laura's is in really good fettle, I couldn't part with the White one even if we kept hers. I would sooner sell the Red one than the White which is totally illogical but that's the hold these things have over you!

I could see us buying a black one for the right money, and then I could take the White one off the road and keep it for the track.

Sadako
26-02-2007, 11:52 PM
dude induction kit off to you tommorow!

pedantlewis
26-02-2007, 11:56 PM
I reckon once i've got mine how i want it i'll be too attached to sell it, it's already my favourite of the three cars i've owned!

It'll probly end up as my girlfriend's car once i feel the need for something a bit bigger.

gibbins
26-02-2007, 11:57 PM
top man

G-Dub
27-02-2007, 01:39 AM
I think my head blew just after yours so I feel your pain bigtime! Although all things being well I get it back today. Fingers crossed!

Jon106
27-02-2007, 02:50 AM
I bought my S2 new (well pre-reg as S561DVC) intending to keep it for life. Plan was to use it daily for a few years and then keep as a weekend car. The Rallye was everything I wanted and I could see that nasty electronics (like ESP) would come in and take the fun away from driving in a few years. The rallye was perhaps the last great drivers car without even ABS (tbh I'm not against ABS but as it's an MOT failure item seemed like future expense and grief).

Sold it after 4 years when lots of changes in life meant moving overseas for a while and it just wasn't realistic to store or ship it. Shipping costs were not that bad but no 106s ever got sold in Oz (so hassle with parts, insurance etc.) and there's a crazy amount of rules and regs about who can import and register what here. Doubtful it would even have been legal to register it as it doesn't have anti-intrusion bars in the doors.

Yes I miss the Rallye and if you could buy a new one now I would. I'm still overseas but will move home again in a couple of years. Think I'll need something newer than a Rallye for daily use (maybe Swift Sport or Panda 100hp are leading choices for as close to Rallye fun as I'll get in something recent). It will still be very tempting to buy/restore a mint S2 as a weekend car, but probably have to choose between that and doing some basic club rallying in which case the rallying will come first. But one day I think I'll have another S2.

infamous aidy
27-02-2007, 06:37 AM
i love mine, i occasionally consider sellng up but can never work out what next? nothing comes close and you coundnt fit a supra down my fave roads so its best to not bother changing eh.

you can have a lot of ofun ata suprising pace in a 106, my mate has an evo 6 and told me not to sell up so i listened

aka0019
27-02-2007, 08:50 AM
I can't see me selling mine anytime soon. I know what you mean Gibbins, I crave driving mine at the minute! I'm getting around in my lasses 1.0 corsa which is pants. I just can't wait to get behind the wheel again, it'll be worth the wait!

Lee C
27-02-2007, 01:17 PM
I sold my S2 16v for a 280bhp ibiza cupra which was poo then bought an integra which i did'nt like and now im back with a 16v S1.

Jim G
27-02-2007, 01:42 PM
my s1 rallye was off the road for a few weeks whilst i fitted my cage

i used a clio (oasis) and a corsa (sxi) they bored the shit out of me

im flyin in my rallye again now thoguh :veryhappy:

Bonnie
27-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Well i can confess that i am a rallye boomerang owner :(

Tom J
27-02-2007, 05:59 PM
I am at least loyal to mine when I talk about a Rallye for life, you seem to want to own every single one of them in turn during your life!! ;)

laney
27-02-2007, 06:05 PM
well my rallye will stay with me for life...my first car was a black s1 that got written off by

some dance instructor, after that i got my blue s2 which is now paid off so i dont need to

sell it and whats the point of doing all the mods u want for sum1 else to enjoy it for half the

price......imagine pulling the rallye out of the garage when ur 70 and going for a burn

:s2: till im 6ft under

Bonnie
27-02-2007, 06:06 PM
I am at least loyal to mine when I talk about a Rallye for life, you seem to want to own every single one of them in turn during your life!! ;)

Yea lol, i should've kept my first one it may have still been with us and not broken lol :yikes:

Ian E
27-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Won't be selling mine anytime soon. I love it. It gets used every day unless its sunny when my other toy comes out.;)

I think I would miss the little pug if I did sell it.

:s2:

mattwesty
27-02-2007, 09:18 PM
i wish i never sold my mint indigo S2 :(

nobhp
27-02-2007, 09:25 PM
i agree with laney. i will take mine to my grave with me. a:s2: ant just fro xmas a :s2: is for life.

indigorallye
27-02-2007, 09:28 PM
i wish i never sold my mint indigo S2
Wish I hadn't sold mine either! After more 205 GTi's and 306 Rallyes I returned to the fold.
The white S2 had to go though, replaced by the Passat. I was lost for a few weeks but now I've got my project to keep me happy.

mattwesty
27-02-2007, 09:35 PM
i WILL have another Rallye. i've promised myself! :D

dannyh
27-02-2007, 11:18 PM
ive never had a mint body work rallye, ive had 3 s2`s and thers was always something that needed doing ,and ive never got round to it, but i would love to have one in the future and original as possible ive done the 16v conversion etc

gibbins
27-02-2007, 11:35 PM
well mines far from mint at the minute like. but doin the whole 16v conversion thing this weekend

geordie
27-02-2007, 11:42 PM
i am in the middle of making my car far from a daily drive and i am thinking about just having one seat:) but i love it. but i will drive it everyday