PDA

View Full Version : depressing evening!!!!

Big Jazzle
15-03-2007, 02:37 AM
well as some of you mate know a couple of weeks ago i took my friend jason up to essex to pick up a lovely clean red s1 from forum member DB7...

so cutting a long story short today got a phone call from jason who at the beggining of the week drove his car to bristol as he was at college for a week doing his mechanics course,so first phone call this morning basically described how someone had bashed his car whilst parked on the street leaving a crack in the rear bumper,but luckily the lady left a note with details on it under the windscreen,so that was that drama over...

then i recieved another call later on today from jasons girlfriend telling me the jas had been involved in a crash:help: ,so i drove to bristol with his girlfriend to pick jason up from the police station and to go and look at the car, and basically im lost for words...

long and short of it is he went around a roundabout and had to brake suddenly for someone who pulled out in front of him, leaving his car a write of and to add insult to injury witnesses told the police it was jasons fault and he was arrested for driving without due care...

the police however had not removed the car from the scene but dragged it back into a laybay, so we went to investigate and basically what we found was a devasting scene, where the front end drivers side was completely mangled and the roof has twisted....

the worst thing was where he was arrested at the scene all his ballongings* where still in the car includiong all of his yamaha r6 documents, when we arrived there the dorrs where wide open and we had discovered the window blades had been stolen along with the airfilter and glove box:doh:

a sainsburys night worker then came along and asked us if it was our car, and told us that literally 5 minutes ago a group of lads had been there rumaging through it, but they now have said he will keep an eye on it all night and make sure cctv knows to watch it!

so tonight weve left it there now locked and secure, and hopefulyl nothing else is removed untill its recovered in the morning....

in the next few days the car willl be broken and advertised for parts on here, things like fog grills,exhaust,engine,box,interior, i have allready claimed the steels and suspension...

was very upsetting seeing a mint rallye in that state, but luckily no one was harmed!

pics to follow-

a few tribute pics from when it was mint:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g191/big_jazzle/newrallye003.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g191/big_jazzle/newrallye002.jpg

and what i saw tonight-quality isnt great as it was from the phone!

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g191/big_jazzle/SP_A0090.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g191/big_jazzle/SP_A0089.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g191/big_jazzle/SP_A0087.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g191/big_jazzle/SP_A0086.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g191/big_jazzle/SP_A0085.jpg

the pictures,although not great tell the story and yet another mint s1 is lost, RIP!

kennymac
15-03-2007, 02:52 AM
man thats shite :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Big Jazzle
15-03-2007, 02:54 AM
i just pray that no one goes back to ran sack it this eveing, its as secure as can be so il guess we'l find out tomorow! :(

Big Jazzle
15-03-2007, 02:54 AM
its also abit of a kick up the arse to me to be more carefull in mine, as just looking at that car made me feel abit upset so i can not imagine what id be feeling if that was me this evening!

steve k
15-03-2007, 02:55 AM
thats a bit of a downer. at least he wasnt hurt but he must be well pissed off.

Big Jazzle
15-03-2007, 02:57 AM
yeah his gutted but what can you do after its happend, nothing....

the pictures dont do the damage justice, inside the bay the strut has stretched around and twisted inside the arch, bent the metal, everything under the drivers side arch had been ripped out, wheel and all suspension bits ect...

obvisouly drivers wing and door are trashed, and its twisted the b pillar and rippled the roof!

engine had abit of a grind on the sump so that needs looking at

Lee C
15-03-2007, 07:35 AM
You cant leave nothing by the side of the road these days.

semtex
15-03-2007, 07:46 AM
surely he must have a case for sueing the police for allowing his car to be ransacked like that at the side of the road ????? they wouldnt just take him away for nothing he must of done something wrong surely

Willis
15-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Shit man that's nasty.

I too would have thought that it was upto the Police to enure the car was fully secured when they left it... Surely they've commited an offence there as if I left my car unlocked at work and it got broken into,my insurance company would hold me liable. Sorry to the coppers on here, I know you have a tough job but that is a FACT. I know this being as my dad worked in vehicle movements (accident/crime scene recovery) for over 10 years and my mum is a claims adjuster...

Anyways, was everyone involved ok physically?

Them pics have certainly made me have a little think about my sometimes enthusiastic driving...

Freedo
15-03-2007, 08:49 AM
shit luck! is that the red s1 i saw on the a21 bud?

pedantlewis
15-03-2007, 09:21 AM
This is really sad, i hate seeing them in a state like that :cry:

Is the car still sitting there now? There's plenty of room on my drive if it needs somewhere safe to stay for a few nights till it's trailered home. I wouldn't trust the scrotes in Bristol to leave it alone even if it's secured :mad:

Tom J
15-03-2007, 09:44 AM
First of all I hope your mate is alright. That's the most important thing. You know what we always say about how cars can be replaced.

The fact that they didn't get the car towed seems a bit odd and I don't know if there is any claim to be had for the stuff that was nicked if he didn't get chance to secure it.

Without wishing to sound like a vulture, may I have first dibs on the fog vents please?

Big Jazzle
15-03-2007, 12:05 PM
dont worry about sounding like a vulture ive allready secured myself 3xnew steels with 3 contis on ahahah!

pedant-thats very nice of you mate,mayvery well have to take you up on that, we'l see what the score is today....

he was driving enthusiasticly but not completely mad, was just shit luck as a daewoo full of old people pulled out on him...

i'am worried about whats left on it this morning, as even when we were there last noght some bloke and his girlfriend came down in there car and actually told us word is going around about it sitting there, this bloke offered to buy it off us as a cat d, WTF hahaha

the jase made the school boy error of telling them we wer going back to kent lol, its probally been stripped down to the bone,(i hope not)

pedantlewis
15-03-2007, 12:33 PM
If you want to tell me where it is i can go and have a look tonight and report back on what state it's in.

My old man's got a transit pick up and ramps so we could get it on the back of that and take it home no probs, just let me know.

Big Jazzle
15-03-2007, 12:38 PM
If you want to tell me where it is i can go and have a look tonight and report back on what state it's in.

My old man's got a transit pick up and ramps so we could get it on the back of that and take it home no probs, just let me know.

thanks for the offer but just spoke to jas' and he got a couple of guys from the college to pick it up and take it back to a workshop.

il find out the exact location but the crash was on a road not long after coming off the m4, next to a huge mcdonalds, and a sainsburys near some little semi industrial estate, was a series of 3 roundabouts, the crash was on the smallest tightest one near sainsburys.:o

Big Jazzle
15-03-2007, 12:38 PM
shit luck! is that the red s1 i saw on the a21 bud?

yeah, you wont see it on the a21 anymore!:o :oops:

pedantlewis
15-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Ah, up near Filton college, i know the ones. Definitely not the area to leave it in tho!! Glad it's somewhere safe now.

I might well be interested in the exhaust if it's available when it gets broken.

Big Jazzle
15-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Ah, up near Filton college, i know the ones. Definitely not the area to leave it in tho!! Glad it's somewhere safe now.

I might well be interested in the exhaust if it's available when it gets broken.

yeah mate exhaust is yours if you want it, toms got first dibs on the fog grills.

Baz F
15-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Wheres old nob head telling people to practice LOOS on poublic roads now eh! fucking nobshanks
you been down to it again yet jason?

Tom J
15-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks Mr Jazzle, they will do for my wife's birthday present!

Lindsay S2
15-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Jaz - sorry to hear about the car and your friend - the car really did look a mint one - do you think he will get another?

Also parts wise (sorry to jump in) if you have them could I have the plastic bit that goes around the rear wiper motor on the boot lid?
Also did it have the standard air box on - if so I would be intrested in that too!
I also need 2 rear arches too.
I could also be intrested in the steering rack - as I think mine is broken. - I could possibly collect depending on where the car will be - if that is easier than posting i.e I dont think I am too far away from yours.

Big Jazzle
15-03-2007, 04:33 PM
yeah that sounds fine linds, will have to check the steering rack for damage obviously, meeting sounds easier than posting ;)

im not sure he'l be actually able to get another one, his only been driving to weeks so the insurance will cripple him, plus the police seem interested in doing him for dangerous driving so thats 5 points:cry:

Big Jazzle
15-03-2007, 04:37 PM
right basically i know people have called dibs on parts but what im going to do is list all available parts, and if people could pop there names next to the parts they would like that would be fantastic, cheeers guys:praise you:

dynofiend
15-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Police will prosecute people based on what other people are telling them if they werent witnesses themselves. Therefore if the other witnesses are saying he was driving dangerously, they will seek a prosecution of dangerous driving. Theres no 'malice' in it on the polices part.

I agree though that there is a duty of care on the police to make sure that the vehicle is secure. I would have thought they should have offered to have the car recovered (at the owners expense of course), or at the least shut and locked the doors (assuming they didnt already and the thieves opened them of course).

I wouldnt want to judge the story based on one persons second hand version of events though so i wont jump to conclusions like many people seem to be on this thread already.

Fuzzy Orange
15-03-2007, 06:17 PM
I love jumping to conclusions LOL

Its amazing how many people just want to hate the police for no decent reason

Sorry to say but if your going round a rounabout at a speed where if someone pulls out in front you brake so hard you smash your car up that badly - then your driving dangerously

You're supposed to drive according to the conditions and a roundabout is one of the most likely places that people will misjudge your speed and pull out
That steel wheel is badly mullered - that wasnt done at 20mph!

rallye_matt
15-03-2007, 06:53 PM
That sucks :(

Just obviously glad - as already said - that everybody is ok.

There might be a few bits I could do with for my S1 :)

Big Baz
15-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Surely if someone pulled out on him on a roundabout then it would be their fault (the one who pulled out)?

philmh
15-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Shit luck that!! Another rallye dead, bummer:cry:

Baz F
15-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Surely if someone pulled out on him on a roundabout then it would be their fault (the one who pulled out)?

Well yes and no, it does depend on the direction of travel

dynofiend
15-03-2007, 08:25 PM

depends how fast he was coming round the island. Alot of people think that because a road is 30/40/60 limit, that its acceptable to do near to that speed around the island. Most drivers i know seem to drive like they totally trust another driver to never pull out on them, knowing that if they do it will not be 'their fault'. What they should do is accept the fact that once in a while someone will pull out on them, and should treat cars waiting to pull out as a hazard, perhaps adjust road positioning and speed accordingly, rather than carry on regardless. I know i would be more gutted to write off my car, than to know that i had priority.

Baz F
15-03-2007, 08:31 PM
depends how fast he was coming round the island. Alot of people think that because a road is 30/40/60 limit, that its acceptable to do near to that speed around the island. Most drivers i know seem to drive like they totally trust another driver to never pull out on them, knowing that if they do it will not be 'their fault'. What they should do is accept the fact that once in a while someone will pull out on them, and should treat cars waiting to pull out as a hazard, perhaps adjust road positioning and speed accordingly, rather than carry on regardless. I know i would be more gutted to write off my car, than to know that i had priority.

Well said Dyno. I think most people who know me would agree that Im of the same mindset on said subject.
Allwell and done now, unfortunatly he cannot turn back time, hopefully he'll learn from his mistakes and no one sell him another s1.

dynofiend
15-03-2007, 08:33 PM
oh im not saying thats what happened in this case at all, but it might have.

Big Jazzle
15-03-2007, 09:44 PM
without going into detail his driving was to blame but then so was the old lady driving the daewoo who surelly unless she was totally blind seen him coming but decided to pull out anyway resulting in above accident, so yes he was driving like a nob but was just about to turn off when this old lady pulled out, he couldnt break in time=bang!

it would be like me seeing a train coming fast up to a level crossing but then deciding to just go for it anyway...lol

but at the end of the day its lesson learned on his part, his saying things today like "i dont even care about the car,im more upset about the thought i could of been partillialy to blame for killing an old lady".
the force was enough to set the airbags of in the old dears daewoo...so...no one was hurt only metal damaged, and jase isnt going to be able to drive anything but a pushbike for the next 4 years..lol

lesson learned.;)

Majinga
15-03-2007, 11:53 PM
Police will prosecute people based on what other people are telling them if they werent witnesses themselves. Therefore if the other witnesses are saying he was driving dangerously, they will seek a prosecution of dangerous driving. Theres no 'malice' in it on the polices part.

I agree though that there is a duty of care on the police to make sure that the vehicle is secure. I would have thought they should have offered to have the car recovered (at the owners expense of course), or at the least shut and locked the doors (assuming they didnt already and the thieves opened them of course).

I wouldnt want to judge the story based on one persons second hand version of events though so i wont jump to conclusions like many people seem to be on this thread already.

I agree with Dyno, especially the part about the Police having a duty of care, making sure the vehicle is locked and left in a safe place(as far as other road users are concerned). The battery should at least have been disconnected preventing from shorts and possible fire and also locked up.
Slightly off topic.
I wonder what the state of play would have been if the thieving weegee's had got stuck in the car and it caught fire causing injury or death? The responsibility would have fallen to the driver/owner most probably and the thief could have then sued. Strange world eh but food for thought.

mr_roll
16-03-2007, 12:20 AM
Pitty to hear about another S1 biting the dust. Hope it all works out, somehow.

Cyb3r
11-04-2007, 10:37 PM
thats shit:(

kieran w
11-04-2007, 10:50 PM
some coppers dont give a toss about your cars, aslong as they nick some one they are happy.

i had to leave mine on the side of a road wen they took me in. and guess wat for (nothing) tossers. nothing got nicked luckly.

Baz F
11-04-2007, 11:14 PM
some coppers dont give a toss about your cars, aslong as they nick some one they are happy.

i had to leave mine on the side of a road wen they took me in. and guess wat for (nothing) tossers. nothing got nicked luckly.

Thats exactly the kind of attitue that they have to deal with all the time from people,
now tell me
if you had to dea lwith people like that day in day out would'nt you be the same
their doign there jobs.
Let them do it.
If you dont like it do somthign about it dont bitch and moan.

kieran w
11-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Thats exactly the kind of attitue that they have to deal with all the time from people,
now tell me
if you had to dea lwith people like that day in day out would'nt you be the same
their doign there jobs.
Let them do it.
If you dont like it do somthign about it dont bitch and moan.

yeh m8 but its another thing wen people like myself, who are law obiding. pay my tax, mot and insurance and dont drive like twats get stopped every fucking week and hassled all the time. so no il only let them do ther jobs wen they do them propperly:mad:

dynofiend
12-04-2007, 07:11 PM
nobody gets arrested for 'doing nothing', and if you think you could do better, then join up and put your money where your mouth is :p

Bonnie
12-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Too true Matt. Every job i went to your lot were with us last night but hey people don't seem to see that side of it. It was RTC's galore last night and all were very poorly

Baz F
12-04-2007, 07:27 PM
yeh m8 but its another thing wen people like myself, who are law obiding. pay my tax, mot and insurance and dont drive like twats get stopped every fucking week and hassled all the time. so no il only let them do ther jobs wen they do them propperly:mad:

If their doing random stops they are doing their jobs porperly

Gwaredd
12-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Bummer for your mate dude. Downside is another Rallye gone, upside to that means there's one less, so it pushes the prices up for ours ;)

Has anyone ever seen a ransacker? You can drive past a car for days, then suddenly, it's stripped, & no-one sees anything. It's like they're invisible. They must come in the dead of night.