PDA

View Full Version : standard weight with gti lump

Si_Letchy
15-06-2007, 07:16 AM
HI,

I was just wandering, i have got a 106 gti lump and want to do the 16v conversion (if my swap/sale doesent go ahead, 2nite!!) i like both the xsi and s2 rallyes, but what car will i see better performance, handling and ability to what ever i throw at it.??? i would asume the xsi is lighter so therefore would be quicker and advantages as electric windows and mirrors, and looks good.......but..... i love the look of the s2 rallye more, but doesent benefit from electrics. this will only be my weekend car so "life goes on" i asume. :)

Neway would love to hear from you all as you sound like you know what your talking about. :veryhappy:

Also, what would i get for about 2k>>2.250k.?????

Regards matt
p.s on holiday from monday so will not b able to reply apart from this weekend. thank you

infamous aidy
15-06-2007, 09:41 AM
1.6 xsi is rare as rocking horse shit. possibly more so than a s2 rallye. s2 has the advantage of been a few years newer too. and prob faster to boot. if your wanting to 16v one tho the 98 gti engine loom should plug straight into the s2 rallye car loom i do understand. where as on other models its a pain to wire up

Si_Letchy
15-06-2007, 06:23 PM
I used to have a 1600 xsi in white. was the best motor i ever owned. I have obviously been blown out due to the car ending in 2hrs and the bloke never rung me.!!! Any other advice??? would love to know the ins and outs of each.
regards matt