PDA

View Full Version : rallye back on road

potter
19-07-2007, 11:17 AM
hi everyone

got the rallye back on the road:veryhappy: after goin to get an s2 rallye box from local peugeot scrapyard where the rallye was in a bit of a poor state to be fair:(. Anyway got gearbox in and out with help from mate in 2-3 hours on axle stands with hand tools only which i thought was pretty damn good going. the gearing in the rallye box does'nt seem any different to the 1.4 really if you'd ask me just a tad bit more longer not much though. but when i drove down the road though it felt so good getting it back on the road after bout 3 weeks off the road and i don't think my grin:D could have been any bigger.

semtex
19-07-2007, 11:47 AM
well done mate, its a great feeling when its broke and you have fixed it yourself, the first drive is brilliant

Ed Robinson
22-07-2007, 08:31 PM
I just got my S1 back on the road this week after fitting new trackrod ends, ARB drop links, new dampers, new front and rear wheel bearings, new rear beam bearings and most of all....an S1 box which I have never had in it before. The difference between that and a GTi box is just insane, and its a massive change from a XSi box too.....I have been smiling all weekend!!!!!