PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Garage telling me that a Pugsport is wrong for the car and will not fit!!?

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 08:01 AM
FFS

I've just dropped my car off at a garage for them to pop on my Pugsport.

They called me and said it is "completely wrong for the car" and will not fit.

Apparently the "centre pipe is too straight and goes under the fuel tank".

I assured them that I know over 50 people with this exhaust and that is for the car.

I supplied them with two sections - is that all I need?

Are new hangers required?

Any bodging required?

The car is a left hand drive 106 Rallye S2 with standard 8v engine.

HELP!

Jamie P
20-07-2007, 08:07 AM
They're being awkward - And why dont you fit it yourself you goon?!

If not - Come up to mine and i'll do it for you tomorrow! Fuel will be cheaper than paying the garage!

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 08:11 AM
I'm working six days per week... weather is terrible... I have few tools... and my driveway is on a slope...

It is the local village garage and they are generally quite helpful and cheap, so I dropped it there and bus'd into the office.

Bean0
20-07-2007, 08:25 AM
They're not trying to fit it from the cat back are they ?

Jamie P
20-07-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm working six days per week... weather is terrible... I have few tools... and my driveway is on a slope...

It is the local village garage and they are generally quite helpful and cheap, so I dropped it there and bus'd into the office.

That leaves you one day to do it - Only takes 20 mins... Few tools? All you need is two 13mm spanners (iirc) and driveway on a slope?! And?! :P

Lazy!

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 08:34 AM
They're not trying to fit it from the cat back are they ?

I don't think so; they were saying something about a down pipe. And they also mentioned the centre section, which would replace the cat that is already there.

I've been looking forward to the RASP all week. I could cry now.

Maybe the hangers used for the Magnex exhaust are different and they need to get the Peugeot exhaust fitting kit?

There's a Peugeot garage a few minutes from my Saturday job. I could drop it there tomorrow for a laugh :cool:

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 08:36 AM
That leaves you one day to do it - Only takes 20 mins... Few tools? All you need is two 13mm spanners (iirc) and driveway on a slope?! And?! :P

Lazy!

The problem is that if I need any new bits I'm stuck, whereas a garage has all the bits they'll need.

I've become increasingly mindful of scenarios like this since the time that my top mount nuts rounded off when removing my strut brace to access the spark plugs. I was stuck without being able to drive to somewhere to buy new bits!

Jamie P
20-07-2007, 08:54 AM
The problem is that if I need any new bits I'm stuck, whereas a garage has all the bits they'll need.

I've become increasingly mindful of scenarios like this since the time that my top mount nuts rounded off when removing my strut brace to access the spark plugs. I was stuck without being able to drive to somewhere to buy new bits!

You make me laugh so much!
x

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 08:58 AM
You make me laugh so much!
x

Basically I don't know what I'm doing. What if a hanger or something breaks and I need a new one. What a polava (sp). Not to mention that I don't even have a spanner or a socket set. However, I'm getting a tool kit for my birthday - w00t!

The idea was that I'd drop the car off, and then collect tonight all ready and purring at me, and it'll only be 20. I ain't no Scrooge - humbug.

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 09:22 AM
I called them again and they assure me it doesn't fit in the floor pan bit as it "needs an S bend", and if it did it would go under the fuel tank and be an inch above the ground.

Do your Pugsports fit where the standard system did?

Jamie P
20-07-2007, 09:26 AM
I called them again and they assure me it doesn't fit in the floor pan bit as it "needs an S bend", and if it did it would go under the fuel tank and be an inch above the ground.

Do your Pugsports fit where the standard system did?

Yup - Fits the standard pattern mate - Unless someone has sold you a dodgy pugsport?!

Peugeot Pete
20-07-2007, 09:28 AM
I can understand what your saying, im not a whizz with a spanner either. Things always seem to start off simple, then then go down hill from there, but you'd appreciate it more if you fitted it yourself i think.

If a hanger breaks you cable tie the exhaust on for the time being and go get a new one.
With things like exhausts it doesnt really matter anyway, having to drive to the garage if you balls it up mite be a bit loud, but you will get there, your not stuck!

Mike W
20-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Didn't Bonnie have a pugsport on the car?

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Yup - Fits the standard pattern mate - Unless someone has sold you a dodgy pugsport?!

It's TomH's zorst, and it was sold via MarkA. They're both good chaps, so it can dodgy. I'll take a pic of it later anyway.

If I fit it do you need some "putty" and stuff. Grr. It sounds high-tech.

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 09:35 AM

Yes, but on an S1.

Jamie P
20-07-2007, 09:43 AM
It's TomH's zorst, and it was sold via MarkA. They're both good chaps, so it can dodgy. I'll take a pic of it later anyway.

Oh ok... Well, why didnt you come and say hey to Mr P when you were up this way? Witney is close to me!

semtex
20-07-2007, 09:43 AM
it sounds like they have put ther 2 sections together upside down that would make the exhaust exirt under the fuel tank , what a bunch of dumb ass's should stick to servicing micra's

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 09:44 AM
Oh ok... Well, why didnt you come and say hey to Mr P when you were up this way? Witney is close to me!

It was a late night commute, and I had my 11 yr old bro in the car, who was suppose to be in bed at 9pm, but we were motorwaying it up until almost 11 as it was!

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 09:45 AM
it sounds like they have put ther 2 sections together upside down that would make the exhaust exirt under the fuel tank , what a bunch of dumb ass's should stick to servicing micra's

I suggested this and they assured me it was the right way round.

I think I'll try and do it myself tonight. I will not be denied my RASSSP.

Peugeot Pete
20-07-2007, 09:52 AM

Bet he's wishing he did now, you could have fitted it at the same time :p

Darren you shouldn't need any putty. you literally take the old exhaust off by undoing a few bolts, then put the new one in its place and do them back up again. Once you've got it up on axle stands and can see underneath im sure you'll have no probs at all.

semtex
20-07-2007, 09:56 AM
i still think the front decat section is on upside down

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 10:03 AM
i still think the front decat section is on upside down

Probably. Do you want to ring them posing to be the distributor or somebody? :D :D

01202 ****** lol

Peugeot Pete
20-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Probably. Do you want to ring them posing to be the distributor or somebody? :D :D

01202 ****** lol

I think Semtex is probably right, but if the garage you paid to do the job are that stupid, i think you should pay them to stay the f**k away from your car and do it yourself when you have the chance.

Jim G
20-07-2007, 10:13 AM
IS IT NOT BECAUSE ITS A LEFTY THE FUEL TANK IS ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE SO THE BEND THAT USALLY TAKES IT PAST THE FUEL TANK IS ACTUALLY TAKING IT STRAIGHT INTO IT
:yikes:

Sander
20-07-2007, 10:15 AM
If the pugsport itself is ok, then I would pick up the car and the exhaust at the garage, don't pay them and never go back there.

Fitting the exhaust was one of the easiest things I've done on my car... Fits perfectly on my standard S2 (LHD), no mods needed. Just take off the original one, stick on the new one and you're done. I switch exhausts twice a year (MOT, one before to put the original back, one after to put the pugsport back on :P).

Bean0
20-07-2007, 10:17 AM
IS IT NOT BECAUSE ITS A LEFTY THE FUEL TANK IS ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE SO THE BEND THAT USALLY TAKES IT PAST THE FUEL TANK IS ACTUALLY TAKING IT STRAIGHT INTO IT
:yikes:

No need to shout :p

Pics of 'The Rack' show the filler on the same side as RHDs.

Peugeot Pete
20-07-2007, 10:18 AM
No Jim, if it was that then doing what Semtex thinks they have done would sort it, i think everything would still be in the same place on left hookers. Keep production costs down etc. Its exactly the same car just with the steeringwheel and pedals on the wrong side :p

Sander
20-07-2007, 10:19 AM
LHD is same as RHD when it comes to exhaust & engine layouts and stuff. Only the wheel is on the wrong side on the RHD's ;)

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the confirmation, Sander.

LHD crew - w00t

For the record, I'm not slating the garage, as they've been great in the past; I'm just trying to get any hints I can so that they get it done and I don't have to sacrifice my evening.

I want to call them again and say "are you it isn't upside down?!" but feel that would be insulting their intelligence. To be fair I had to ask them to do it, so am hardly a mechanic myself.

semtex
20-07-2007, 10:27 AM
the exhaust would have been designed for the lhd cars originally as the engine was mounted on the opposite side to the driver to aid front end weight distribution the brake servo is in front of where the drive should sit, so i see no reason why the lhd cars would different underneath , darren to be fair its a modified part that they are fitting and so i think they just dont fancy doing it and are fobing you off, shame really as you have said they are a friendly local garage :(, have a go yourself when the weather gets a bit better

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 10:31 AM
I just called again and asked if they could double check and they said they had and that it's "just too straight".

They're not opposed to mod'd cars as they're only young guys from the village.

Hopefully I'll be able to fit it tonight and pop in to see them on Monday with the 2" hanging out ;)

Bean0
20-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Any chance of someone with a fitted Pugsport getting a quick couple of pics and posting them up.

I take it the garage has an email addy, or at least a fax machine.

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Any chance of someone with a fitted Pugsport getting a quick couple of pics and posting them up.

Thanks - good idea. The garage won't have email, but at least it's a point of reference.

They are basically implying that the centre section is dodgy, but I can't see how Tom/Mark could have bent it straight with their bare hands :p

Dave_C
20-07-2007, 11:24 AM
I cannot understand how they dont know how to fit it.

Its impossible to be stupid enough to have it the wrong way round. You simply look at the old exhaust and can see that the pugsport has all the same lines and bends as the old one and it fits find inside the exhaust tunnel.

Jeeeez!

semtex
20-07-2007, 11:27 AM
come to think of it , didnt toms have the exhaust poking out of the sunroof ?

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 11:27 AM
I cannot understand how they dont know how to fit it.

Its impossible to be stupid enough to have it the wrong way round. You simply look at the old exhaust and can see that the pugsport has all the same lines and bends as the old one and it fits find inside the exhaust tunnel.

Jeeeez!

I'm beginning to think that if it couldn't be done so simply that I have a bad part?? :eek:

grr

Bean0
20-07-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm beginning to think that if it couldn't be done so simply that I have a bad part?? :eek:

grr

If it came off a 106, it'll go back on a 106.

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 11:33 AM
If it came off a 106, it'll go back on a 106.

Good point, lol

TomH
20-07-2007, 11:33 AM

Nothing wrong with it it fitted perfectly to my rallye, so unless mark has superhuman strenghts and has bent it that garage arnt the brightest :lol: It pulled up exactly where the standard exhaust fitted....

The only thing missing from it when i gave it mark were the bits that go into the front flange, as they are in the standard exhaust on his car as i only ever had one set, so make sure they have fitted them from your old system :)

Otherwise its perfect :D

come to think of it , didnt toms have the exhaust poking out of the sunroof ?

My car didnt have a sunroof :p It came out the back rear window through the boot..... init :cool:

TomH
20-07-2007, 11:40 AM
P.s i lol'd at this thread so much!!!

pps id go get your car back quick from their if they cant manage to fit an exhaust :o

RallyeDom
20-07-2007, 11:40 AM
tom? is this why you were jumping on the zorst while it was off the car and using it as a javelin stick so no one else could have it? lol tut tut

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 11:41 AM
The only thing missing from it when i gave it mark were the bits that go into the front flange

Can it be assumed these "bits" will already be on my car?

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 11:42 AM
P.s i lol'd at this thread so much!!!

lol'ing at my incompetance? I often lol at myself about this :D

Mankee
20-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Thread of the day!

loller roxxx0rs!111eleven

semtex
20-07-2007, 12:11 PM
all us at work are lol'ing ourselves sily at this thread , if it wasnt rainging today would be a great day w00t lol !!!1111!!!!!!!!!!1

streetsleeper84
20-07-2007, 12:14 PM
I bet the fire ring has stayed on the down pipe when they removed the old exhuasts, and is still on the pug sport, which would make it an inch to long (to straight as they put it) and hitting the fuel tank/sitting under the fuel tank from what i can remember.

Just an idea,

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 12:47 PM
all us at work are lol'ing ourselves sily at this thread , if it wasnt rainging today would be a great day w00t lol !!!1111!!!!!!!!!!1

@Mr W00t (Semtex) - Do you work at Pug?!

@StreetSleeper - What is this ring of fire? And it is easily removed?

Jamie P
20-07-2007, 01:11 PM
@Mr W00t (Semtex) - Do you work at Pug?!

@StreetSleeper - What is this ring of fire? And it is easily removed?

Its just basically an 'O' ring that sits on between the fannimold downpipe and the start of the Pugsport... If they have left the old one on, and have another on the Pugsport, this as above, will make it an inch or so too long, and also, they wont be able to fit it onto the downpipe...

streetsleeper84
20-07-2007, 01:12 PM
It is a metal ring made of wire, used to seal the joint between the exhuast and down pipe. It some times gets stuck on the down pipe when exhaust it removed, a new one is generally used on the new exhuast when re fitting.

If this is the case then one will be on the downpipe and one will be on the exhaust, it will look like the down pipe and exhaust are mating up ok but will make the exhaust appear to long and hence not fit.

Just an idea, you would hope a garage would not make the mistake.

Bean0
20-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Its just basically an 'O' ring that sits on between the fannimold downpipe and the start of the Pugsport... If they have left the old one on, and have another on the Pugsport, this as above, will make it an inch or so too long, and also, they wont be able to fit it onto the downpipe...

Does it 'Burn Burn Burn' ?

:p

semtex
20-07-2007, 01:24 PM
stag dynamite chili as a bet yesterday at work gave 3 of us a ring of fire, is this the one your on about ?

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 01:24 PM
This is an interesting point that could help back up my argument with Jamie.

Say one needs a new "O ring" and this is discovered halfway through fitting; would one have to re-fit the old exhaust, trundle to the motor factors, and then return and start again?

Should I get an "exhaust fitting kit" from Pug, or just go for it as it is and see how it goes, adding the new parts if necessary in the future.

Mankee
20-07-2007, 01:35 PM
stag dynamite chili as a bet yesterday at work gave 3 of us a ring of fire, is this the one your on about ?
Goddamn I love Stag Dynamite Chili!

semtex
20-07-2007, 01:50 PM
i thought they must only sell it for dare purposes only, you like the stuff ?:eek::eek::eek::eek: its like setting fire to your mouth :(

Mankee
20-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Well, the very first one I had it took me about half an hour to eat. Drinking beer at the same time wasn't a good idea though. I kept going outside to stamp my feet and jump about scratching my head. Sarah laughed. Lots.

The second time I had it I just wolfed it down in 10 minutes. I think I'm building up a resistance as I'm starting to enjoy vindaloos now as well. :(:(:(

Bean0
20-07-2007, 02:05 PM
You should buy something called Blairs Chilli Oil, it comes in a little corked bottle in the shape of a skull. A couple of drops is enough to turn any meal into an inferno.

DO NOT let drunken mates get ahold of it though.
One lad took a swig of the stuff, it was as if time slowed down as we shouted 'Nooooooooooooo'. Took 45 mins of having his gob under a tap until he could talk.

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 02:27 PM
I once heard, on popular sitcom "Curb Your Enthusiasm", of a little trick a p0rnstar used, involving tabasco.

Mankee
20-07-2007, 02:30 PM
I once heard, on popular sitcom "Curb Your Enthusiasm", of a little trick a p0rnstar used, involving tabasco.
Is that to fit a Peugeot Sport exhaust to an LHD Rallye?

Or are we still talking about spicy foodstuffs?

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Is that to fit a Peugeot Sport exhaust to an LHD Rallye?

Or are we still talking about spicy foodstuffs?

The latter :cool:

TomH
20-07-2007, 02:35 PM
I supplied no ring of fire to mark im afraid, was just a totally bare pugsport!

Needs the two round plug things nocking into the flange, and needs a fire ring :)

As i used both these parts to fit the standard item back to the car :cool:

Where is this garage i feel like ringing them and loling !

semtex
20-07-2007, 02:38 PM
to be fair the exhaust problem was a bit boring really , shall we just carry on with the ring burning suaces ? ps darren any joy with the garage

Mankee
20-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Fridays - every thread is a Pub Talk thread. :D

Damn I fancy a curry now. :(

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Carrying on spamming - be my guests!

So if there is no O thing I can't fit it tonight? But then will there be one on my exhaust already? I don't know, I don't know. lollers.

Bean0
20-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Carrying on spamming - be my guests!

So if there is no O thing I can't fit it tonight? But then will there be one on my exhaust already? I don't know, I don't know. lollers.

What people are saying is that they always reuse the original one when fitting a pugsport.

So yes, your original exhaust should have one, unless the garage have removed and binned it.

Mankee
20-07-2007, 02:55 PM
That would be annoying if your garage removed your fire ring and binned it! They'd have to fit a new one so that they could refit your current exhaust. Doh!

TomH
20-07-2007, 03:45 PM
All parts should be on the old exhaust :cool:

I always re used parts from standard to pugsport when i swopped...

P.s wont the hole in the bumper now look odd?

darrenwm
20-07-2007, 03:51 PM
All parts should be on the old exhaust :cool:

I always re used parts from standard to pugsport when i swopped...

P.s wont the hole in the bumper now look odd?

It will do. It'll need sorting.

TomH
20-07-2007, 03:55 PM
any news?

Gus
20-07-2007, 05:29 PM
I can't think of anything constructive to say, so lol to this thread :p

phillb33
20-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Darren, just have a bash at fitting it yourself tonight. If I can do it then surely anyone can. All the bits you need will be on your current exhaust and a straight swap. Unless the pugsport is backwards and inside out or something.

JoeW
20-07-2007, 06:30 PM
I have the mechanical aptitude of a pineapple and I've had my pugsport on and off in 15 minutes, how is this difficult?

Tom J
20-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Even Danny and I did it. Ok, so we cut off the Lambda sensor because Danny said I didn't need it, but we got the pugsport on the car in about 15 minutes flat. In the road. Up a kerb.

It is just a two piece jigsaw puzzle, it's not a flippin' Rubik's cube.

TomH
20-07-2007, 07:37 PM
we cut off the Lambda sensor because Danny said I didn't need it

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:praise you:

This thread gets better and better really....:)

Jimmers
20-07-2007, 07:42 PM
I have the mechanical aptitude of a pineapple and I've had my pugsport on and off in 15 minutes, how is this difficult?

thats the best bit of this thread for me :D

4D
20-07-2007, 08:01 PM

Darren. You can do it, i'm sure.

S1...but same layout.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/rallye/layout.jpg

cobblers
20-07-2007, 09:07 PM
I've come to expect very very little from garages after being let down every time I've ever used one, but this surprises even me. Me and Jon "jew" Ox managed to fit an exhaust to my VTR that was lowered by a completely non RR approved amount (55mm) without the aid of even a jack. There really must be more to this story, surely, with the car on a ramp, even the work experience lad could figure it out :confused:

and

Say one needs a new "O ring" and this is discovered halfway through fitting; would one have to re-fit the old exhaust, trundle to the motor factors, and then return and start again?

I would just drive around for a few days without an exhaust, it's what I did in for nearly a month when I lost the exhaust rubbers and couldn't be bothered sorting it out, just go steady on the throttle near anywhere residential, it's not as loud as you'd expect.

Sadako
20-07-2007, 09:30 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/Sadako_Yamamura/DOwnView.jpg

Mark A
20-07-2007, 09:48 PM
Darren, what's the score mate, did you get anything sorted? I was told by two places that the pugsport on my old s2 had been 'made wrongly' but this was bo**ocks!!! One place even fitted it so close to the bumper that it melted the bottom of it. It was at this point that I learnt how to fit it myself...in about 30mins!! I questioned how the so called 'exhaust specialists' were so rubbish! All you need to do is swap the 'ring' from your old zorst, along with the 2 inserts (this is the biggest ball ache) and just fiddle around a bit untill all is lined up properly! I found that getting it 'tweaked' 100% is a bit fiddly but entirely possible. I think it's the garage mate, not the zorst;)

darrenwm
21-07-2007, 06:45 AM
LOLLERS!

I got home last night... parked the car half up on a curb and laid the exhaust underneath... a perfect match!!

I've never looked at an exhaust system before but it looked simple, so I borrowed a couple of tools and went for it.

It was basically the easiest thing I've even done, taking half an hour or so.

I have a 2 inch - w00t!

Strangley my mother called me later in the evening to say the police had been at the door asking if somebody had been working on a motor vehicle in the road!?! I guess a fussy neighbour complained :confused:

Mark A
21-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Good news Darren!! What was going on with those guys at the garage?????? Even if it was the first ever day that any of them had worked as a mechanic I'd still have expected them to be able to fit it:confused:! I like that fact that after all of the hassle, you nearly got done by the old bill! At least you could have said 'well if garages weren't so crap, I wouldn't be fitting it on the street!!!':lol:. What do you think of the sound???

Sander
21-07-2007, 07:05 AM
Told you it was simple :p

BTW, nice neighbours if they're complaining about something like this... What's the problem with working on your car on the roadside? As long as you don't spill oil or other nasty fluids, what's wrong with it?

darrenwm
21-07-2007, 07:10 AM
The sound is pretty brutal from my short stint rev'ing it in the road.

I don't understand about the police thing, so will ring them today. Maybe the neighbours didn't like the noise. I'll have to find out.

kieran w
21-07-2007, 07:12 AM
The sound is pretty brutal from my short stint rev'ing it in the road.

I don't understand about the police thing, so will ring them today. Maybe the neighbours didn't like the noise. I'll have to find out.

ther gunna have to get use to it!:p

TomH
21-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Its a different sound to your regular pugsport though aint it ?

Well done darren you have won back a little respect now.... :cool:

Tom J
21-07-2007, 08:04 AM
What job can we get Darren to do next? :D

"This week.... Darren has been mostly turning.....his strut tops?"

darrenwm
21-07-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm a Haynes one spanner man; I can do exhausts, strut rotating, oil change, spark plugs, gearbox oil. w00t.

dynofiend
21-07-2007, 09:52 AM
good job darren :)

as for the police thing, this is exactly the kind of thing i was saying when i was moaning about members of the public phoning the police for stupid trivial things. Ignore it. If for some mad reason they get back in contact with you, tell them your exhaust had fallen off and you were fixing it because you knew it was illegal to drive with a non functioning exhaust system ;)

semtex
21-07-2007, 10:56 AM
well done darren , in time you may become a 2 spanner man attempting brake pads and discs

Jimmers
21-07-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm glad I'm a 5-Spannerer as I'm just about to build my new engine!

I think instead of posts, we should have ratings on how many Hayne's Spanners you have :cool:

Sadako
21-07-2007, 11:22 AM
good job darren :)

as for the police thing, this is exactly the kind of thing i was saying when i was moaning about members of the public phoning the police for stupid trivial things. Ignore it. If for some mad reason they get back in contact with you, tell them your exhaust had fallen off and you were fixing it because you knew it was illegal to drive with a non functioning exhaust system ;)

this man should be on a triple pay rise always top advise!:)

Gus
21-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Good work Darren, now go back to the garage and show them!

darrenwm
21-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Its a different sound to your regular pugsport though aint it ?

Well done darren you have won back a little respect now.... :cool:

I don't have a direct comparison, but it is quite loud. I wonder if perhaps too loud, but it's not blowing at all. Itmust just be how it is.

Good work Darren, now go back to the garage and show them!

I'll pop in to pay for the new clamp they put on, and rev my rasp at them.

dynofiend
21-07-2007, 01:37 PM
if you have done anything to the rear suspension you are beyond 5 spanners, as haynes doesnt attempt to explain it saying its too complex and you should go to your dealers. In that case anyone that has removed a rear antiroll bar may class themselves as Haynes Elite! :D

semtex
21-07-2007, 01:52 PM
should be an above spanner rating like unrate able lol

TomH
21-07-2007, 02:32 PM
if you have done anything to the rear suspension you are beyond 5 spanners, as haynes doesnt attempt to explain it saying its too complex and you should go to your dealers. In that case anyone that has removed a rear antiroll bar may class themselves as Haynes Elite! :D

Wow i have pretty much rebuilt a rear beam so im an haynes Elite :cool:

busta
21-07-2007, 06:45 PM
I have a 2 inch - w00t!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

matevo
21-07-2007, 06:52 PM
As i always say, if you want anything done properly you need to do it yourself. I must be above the 5 spanner rating in haynes because ive done the rear engine thing, not fully yet but that is not covered in the manual. At least now you have the knowledge of fitting an exhaust and if it ever falls off, you know how to put it back on. Im surprised that the police turned up as its not an important thing is it if someone is working in the street, if there was a car being broken into then they wouldn`t have bothered coming out, unless they thought it was a crime in which case you have some good police in your area.

RallyeDom
21-07-2007, 06:53 PM

wow haynes ELITE! i took my rear beam apart the other day and put it back to gether.. so acording to the hynes manuals we are GODS!

RallyeDom
21-07-2007, 06:55 PM
As i always say, if you want anything done properly you need to do it yourself. I must be above the 5 spanner rating in haynes because ive done the rear engine thing, not fully yet but that is not covered in the manual. At least now you have the knowledge of fitting an exhaust and if it ever falls off, you know how to put it back on. Im surprised that the police turned up as its not an important thing is it if someone is working in the street, if there was a car being broken into then they wouldn`t have bothered coming out, unless they thought it was a crime in which case you have some good police in your area.

well the police where we are would have tried to give him an injunction order... they give them out like they are passing clap around here! they would have said "well you were actuing foolish and in a convoy of cars!!"

Bonnie
22-07-2007, 07:48 AM

Yep i had a 2 inch pugsport on there. Some garages are reluctant to fit aftermarket zorsts. I haven't read the whole thread.

All i can say is after owning three pugsports, none of them fitted properly, it was almost like they weren't made by the same company. The pugsport i had on the black s2 was what initially what burnt that bumper due to the poor fitting :(

semtex
22-07-2007, 11:14 AM
i agree bonnie al the pugsports ive seen dont seem to come up the centre of the exhaust tunnel or if they do they hit the anti roll bar , still fit alright i spose , sound good aswell

Miles D
22-07-2007, 03:08 PM
cant be arsed to read all this:eek::eek: you've fitted it then darren?

my pugsport fits shit, ALWAYS hits the anti roll bar, but on my mates gti its miles away, and iv tryed loads of different ways, eventially cut abit of the foamy heatshild that covers the tank, and wrapped that around it:)

Gus
22-07-2007, 06:59 PM

Ace! That makes me an Elite too :D

Tom J
23-07-2007, 05:18 PM
My Pugsport seems to fit ok apart from the back box which kept popping off the hangers. I used some little jubilee clips to stop the rubbers getting pulled off. At least by buying a second hand one off another S1 I knew I stood a good chance!

The alternative was for the back box to hang fine and the rest to be all out of kilter!

Jimmers
24-07-2007, 10:20 AM
My Pugsport seems to fit ok apart from the back box which kept popping off the hangers. I used some little jubilee clips to stop the rubbers getting pulled off. At least by buying a second hand one off another S1 I knew I stood a good chance!

The alternative was for the back box to hang fine and the rest to be all out of kilter!

That's only cause brycey never fitted it properly :p

I was surprised, after reading all the horror stories on here, mine went on first time on the hangers (used a shorter mount though) and sits perfectly!

observe:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/jimbobulon/DSC00429.jpg

:grin: