PDA

View Full Version : Endurance Rallying

govikes
04-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Was just curious who here competes on Endurance Road Rallies in there 106?

tombrooks2008
04-11-2010, 05:16 PM
I have done a few in the past in an AX. Compete in road rallies now as I dont have a 1400.

marshallman
04-11-2010, 05:25 PM
if i remember correctly jason b on here does endurance rallys , think he lives near southampton or there abouts

mapamelyst
11-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Last year I did the Huntsman & Bullnose in my Rallye.:)
This year I committed to the championship - :D
Great Bustard, :)
Huntsman (insufficient entries - rally cancelled :mad:),
Bullnose, :)
Exmoor - 2 punctures, both n/s/f (same test), :(
then next test, barrel rolled at least 4 times - not only end of rally, but sadly end of my Rallye :violin:

govikes
17-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Ouch, whats your name?

indigorallye
18-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Last year I did the Huntsman & Bullnose in my Rallye.:)
This year I committed to the championship - :D
Great Bustard, :)
Huntsman (insufficient entries - rally cancelled :mad:),
Bullnose, :)
Exmoor - 2 punctures, both n/s/f (same test), :(
then next test, barrel rolled at least 4 times - not only end of rally, but sadly end of my Rallye :violin:

But you are making a comeback are you not? ;)

mapamelyst
18-11-2010, 01:07 PM
govikes: I know you did the Bullnose, we were No. 37.
Those stubble fields aren't very 106 friendly are they ? especially when they are cut up on the corners. My front wheels just seemed to spin for ages on the hairpins, not sure about an XSi's torque, but a Rallye's torque is all at the top end, so seemed to waste a lot of time getting back up to speed where it was badly cut up.
I saw the photo's of your 106 after your crash on the Mercian? OUCH !

indigorallye: Was your comment a statement or a question? in other words have the jungle drums been sounding!

Yes I am definately coming back. just need to find the time to reshell it.
Endurance rallying is a brilliant discipline, combining very close competition both on & off road, using largely standard cars (engines/box/diffs.)+ safety items (cages/ belts). Cheaper entry fees next year too! Could just do with a few northern rounds though.

indigorallye
18-11-2010, 03:13 PM
indigorallye: Was your comment a statement or a question? in other words have the jungle drums been sounding!

Endurance rallying is a brilliant discipline, combining very close competition both on & off road, using largely standard cars (engines/box/diffs.)+ safety items (cages/ belts). Cheaper entry fees next year too! Could just do with a few northern rounds though.

A bit of both! You've got yourself a cracking shell there!

govikes
18-11-2010, 11:22 PM
govikes: I know you did the Bullnose, we were No. 37.
Those stubble fields aren't very 106 friendly are they ? especially when they are cut up on the corners. My front wheels just seemed to spin for ages on the hairpins, not sure about an XSi's torque, but a Rallye's torque is all at the top end, so seemed to waste a lot of time getting back up to speed where it was badly cut up.
I saw the photo's of your 106 after your crash on the Mercian? OUCH !

Ah right wicked. No I wasn't a huge fan of the stubble fields tbh, much prefere either tarmac or gravel. Ye the torque curve is pretty much the same with the XSi, although I belive the rallye has a little more. 1st & 2nd syncro killer ay!

I really must get round to re-shelling mine to, it looks pretty much the same atm as it does in the photos, bar a door & bumper I've been bothered to rip off!

mapamelyst
20-11-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by govikes:
I really must get round to re-shelling mine to, it looks pretty much the same atm as it does in the photos, bar a door & bumper I've been bothered to rip off!

Well mate you'd better get a move on, I see you've committed to enter next years new event (The Britvic) early February !!!!!!!!!!!!!

govikes
21-11-2010, 08:21 PM
ye fingers cross! You out to play?

mapamelyst
22-11-2010, 09:46 AM
Very much doubt it, tidied my garage up yesterday to make room for all the stuff I have to remove from the old shell. Expect to make a start one evening this week, but have other (non rally) urgent jobs to attend to for the next few months, really dissapointed to miss the Britvic, I would have loved to have done it and supported Jamie and co.
I am aiming for the Gt. Bustard rally, did it last year, Glastonbury (Worthy Farm) was superb.
Good luck with your re-shell, keep us posted with the progress.