PDA

View Full Version : what fuel to use

mossy1985
10-06-2015, 06:42 PM
After just buying my S1 rallye im almost due for a trip to the fuel station. Normally my cars only ever get shell v power be it a petrol or diesel. My question is with the rallye being so old and such a small engine should i bother with v power or just put the standard stuff in? It says it was designed to run on 95 ron so 99 ron maybe too much for it? Any thoughts people? What do you guys use?

Pugdjw
10-06-2015, 11:42 PM
Iv only ever ran my rallye on v power 99, just personal preference I think mate. Don't really think it makes that much of a difference.Makes it pop and bang more so more smiles per gallon for me. Might just be in head tho ha.
Nice to see another local lad with a rallye. Think there's about 5 of us.

mossy1985
11-06-2015, 06:56 AM
Yea i was thinking i will stick with the 99 stuff. Ive wanted to own a rallye ever since i got my license all those years ago lol so when i heard this one was possibly for sale i decided to have it. There is a white one that i see going upnand down north road quite often which looks tonhace a 2 inch pugsport fitted and sounds really good. Was wondering if it was steves?

Andrew-Ralston
11-06-2015, 01:40 PM
When I had a standard S1 and an XSi 16v I ran them both on normal 95 stuff.. it being from Asda/morrisons etc...

My Engine I've had built is ran on V-power all the time with it being mapped to with it.