home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > RALLYE REGISTER REGIONAL GROUPS > London & South East > South East Members Cars

Old 25-06-2014, 11:31 AM   #51
Hipford
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
This project is superb!

Also, base model engine mounting points. Do both sides need to be changed to allow for 16v or just LHS (when looking at engine).

What all is involved to have these ready to mount a 16v?

Looks like I may have to start with a base model shell, so will be doing this.

Last edited by Hipford; 25-06-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Hipford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2014, 06:43 PM   #52
LukeS1Stoke
WHOOPS! MEMBERSHIP JUST EXPIRED

User Gallery
Looks spot on Matt really coming together now.
LukeS1Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2014, 04:52 PM   #53
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Hi Hipford,

The mounting points themselves are common between all 106s, in that they don't need moving at all! The LHS (gearbox) mount location won't need any modifying at all, the RHS (engine) depends on what car you get. Base models are missing a metal bracket that constrains the engine longitudinally, although this is only low power ones as mine had it and so do diesels I think. The bracket that's missing is different from s1 to s2 as they switched to a hydromount for s2, but either can be used for 16v. If you have the later one, use the gti mount and aluminium arm with no issues, if you get an earlier one you'll need to use the s1 aluminium arm and mount but chop it down to clear the canbekt cover! Or there is a hyper expensive machined billet ally one available

Hope this helps... Let me know if you need more info!
Old 28-06-2014, 11:07 AM   #54
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Welded in my tow hook:

Lines up pretty well methinks

Old 24-07-2014, 08:51 AM   #55
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Bit more progress got the epoxy paint down on the tow hook and bumper brackets. Also did a bit of fillering on the scuttle where I couldn't get it as flat as I wanted so I went over that too! Riveted on the bumper brackets, tigersealed the whole lot and masked up for stonechip:

Got all the stonechip stuff on:

Just got to go and get some proper paint now
Old 26-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #56
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Picked up my paint this morning even got a little pot of green/grey matched to the ecoat on the wing I took in so I can paint the vin number, and they chucked in a free can of white so I can do the paint code stencil on the N/S suspension turret

2k safe mask also ordered so hopefully I'll get it rubbed down by the time that arrives and I can lash on some paint!
Old 26-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #57
LukeS1Stoke

User Gallery
Looks mint Matt, what colour are you goimg for?
Old 27-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #58
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Cheers Luke going to keep it the original colour... Engine bay will be too!

Got a bit done today... Etch primed my vin number area and got on the coat of e-coat colour basecoat:

Matched to the wing:

And compared with the factory finish on my donor flitch:

Seems to be a bit of variance on the shade , and I think my car was originally a bit more cream... I think it depends how long the shell is in the dip on the line, so I'm not overly bothered about an exact match, just didn't want it body colour. Still undecided as to whether or not I should put tiny dobs of black paint in each dimple to pick it out a bit better.... Thoughts?
Old 27-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #59
matty_d

User Gallery
Looks awesome! What are you using to spray it?
matty_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #60
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Just a little 25 litre compressor a friend gave me. Used a mini touch up gun with a 0.7mm nozzle for this as I was worried the paint would fill in the dimples if it went on too thick! Was planning to use my larger gun for the rest but considering how effectively the mini one put out this I may just use that again!
Old 27-07-2014, 07:28 PM   #61
Magic1992
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
Looking really nice buddy! It's nice to see someone putting this much effort in to make it look all OEM! Once you've got on the road, I need to come and have a look!
Magic1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2014, 07:37 PM   #62
matty_d

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattXT92 View Post
Just a little 25 litre compressor a friend gave me. Used a mini touch up gun with a 0.7mm nozzle for this as I was worried the paint would fill in the dimples if it went on too thick! Was planning to use my larger gun for the rest but considering how effectively the mini one put out this I may just use that again!
I've been looking into a small compressor for this type of thing, but, I have only ever done small jobs before when it comes to paint. Is it an oil free compressor and are you using any filters or pressure reg for the air?
Old 28-07-2014, 07:38 AM   #63
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Matt, no, it's not an oil free one... I was originally looking at them when I was going to buy one, but then I got offered mine for free, and the guy who gave it to me said he doesn't use oil free for spraying, told me they dont last as long, are noisier, and you just use filters to remove any contamination etc. I ended up getting an inline water trap from machine mart and sticking that on the outlet to the compressor, which also has a pressure regulator. I have the line coming from the trap, and then a PCL quick connect coupling. Then I have the other half of the quick connect which goes into a pressure regulator, then inline water trap (ebay cheapies) and then into the gun. I adjust the pressure using the one on the gun then. Seems to work pretty well and havent seen any fisheyes or such like in the paint so far. Only downside is I have to change over the reg/filter on the gun every time I change gun, and its a fairly long lump to hang off the bottom, so makes it a pain for doing low areas like under the crossmember :P I think I'll get a 90 degree elbow for when I do the colour coat. It's probably not a good enough setup to do a proper respray but for smaller work it seems to do me ok, and now that I'm setup a better filter/drier/regulator thing doesnt seem so daunting as when you have to go out and get EVERYTHING :P

Magic, yeh no problem, if you wanna meet up anytime that'd be cool, seems to be a few guys on here in Kent these days... I'm planning to start attending meets etc when it's done too
Old 02-08-2014, 07:04 PM   #64
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Long old day today... Been in the garage since 8am rubbing down and masking up, wiping down and best of all.... Painting

Got it all done and all the masking removed...properly chuffed with the results... Few bits of dirt which I can sand out later buts it's a really nice match and very shiny thanks to the 2k lacquer! Now to start bolting bits on
Old 02-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #65
LukeS1Stoke

User Gallery
Nice one Matt looks mint! Well worth all the effort, trouble is you have to make everything else that goes back on look just as good which takes ages.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:17 PM   #66
Magic1992

User Gallery
Looks super tidy mate! Will look epic with some compounding action!
Magic1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 08:35 AM   #67
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Been slowly progressing with this, but as Luke said, I can't put stuff back on when it looks rubbish :/

Anyway, I got all the bulkhead sound deadening back in... Absolute ballache when the carpet is still in place but it's done now, all the rubber bungs through the bulkhead are in, and the ventilator fan is in. Got some gti fuel lines plumbed in:

Picked up a black dash from a guy on 106 owners and made a massive mess of my lounge one evening reshelling my old dash into it:

Got a new rocker cover badge from Cris B:

Cleaned up my washer bottle and fitted it with a nice new cap:

New battery clamp and the black part the holds the bottom of the battery from moving sideways:

Tried to get new stickers for the engine bay from the dealer but knew that one had changed from white to green from the 205 forum, but when I asked the dealer they said the page on the parts ordering system had been removed repro 205 ones are 50 but another bloke on eBay from Bulgaria had made some up and were only 15 so I thought I'd take a punt... Glad I did as they are spot on:

And on my new ecu cover:

Got a new slam panel, tried the dealer as I'm fed up with pattern parts not lining up properly and couldn't be bothered dealing with the rust on my old one... No longer available so I got this original one from spoox:

Got a load of bit powdercoated:

Still need to do more but this was the bulk of it! Fitted my ecu and tray:

Bracing bars:

Gearbox bracket:

Horn:

Old 20-09-2014, 08:36 AM   #68
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
And built up the pedal box and brake bar assembly... This was the key bit as it holds up fitting the dash:

Got new studs here as the old ones broke... Utterly shocked to find the dealer had them on the shelf:

New rack boot as the old one fell apart:

And fitted the steering rack:

Just need to connect up the steering column now! Going to get some crimp connectors from maplin to rewire my alarm as I did it stupidly the first time and had to cut the wires to get the dash out of the car, but once that is done the dash will go in and the engine can go back in
Old 20-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #69
Cris B

User Gallery Car Blog
Good work fella!
Old 21-09-2014, 10:39 AM   #70
matty_d

User Gallery
Fantastic to see soo much detail being put into this! Not too far to go now
Old 03-10-2014, 08:46 AM   #71
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Bit more progress, I wanted to fit the dash, but there were a few little jobs around the a-pillar that needed doing that would be a lot easier with the dash out.

I sorted out the alarm wiring, properly done with connector blocks, conduit, heatshrink and insulation tape etc, but for obvious reasons i'm not posting pics of it :P

Fitted the charcoal canister, but the pipework to the tank goes in the a-pillar, up through the roof rail and down through the rear quarter panel. Also, while it was in the bodyshop they had sliced the rear washer hose in half while cutting the metalwork, so i figured i would replace the whole hose while i'm at it. I had to remove all the interior trim to get the headliner out to get access to the few holes along the roof rail to feed the pipes, and it took a while but i managed to wrestle them both in:

Before fitting the headliner back in there was another job on that to do. There are 6 little plastic m5 threads that hold the headliner up around the sunroof... 3 had broken off of my old grey headliner, and funnily enough the same 3 had gone on my new black one. These things:

I salvaged the good 3 off the old headliner, and superglued them on before using a soldering iron to 'heat stake' them onto the black one:

Not the prettiest but i couldnt see any other way of doing it without blocking the track for the sunroof cover. Anyways, back in, and some nice shiny new nuts to hold it onto the sheet metal:

Last little job - i was an idiot a couple of years ago and decided to undo one of the check strap bolts the wrong way and sheared the head off...

Got a drill down the centre and used an easy-out... one of the few times this has ever worked

And with that, the dash is finally in

Also fitted the heater matrix pipes in the engine bay is this is infinitely easier with the engine out! Just a few little jobs to do and the engine can go in!
Old 30-10-2014, 10:52 PM   #72
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Been busy with the wee beast lately! First off, noticed how poor the pictures I uploaded last time were... Turns out the oleophobic coating scratches really easily on my phone camera, the fix.. scratch it all off :/

Anyways, enlisted the help of my dad and his engine crane to stick the engine and gearbox in:

Got the new gearbox seals in and out the driveshafts back in. Filled up with fresh box oil, some uprated gear linkages, clutch cable back on and the box is ready for action!

Painted up the sump with epoxymastic, got an oil sandwich plate and my dad's old golf oil pressure sensor as it was m10 so fitted straight in, New oil filter and fresh oil and the engine is good

Went to fit my exhaust manifold and found that the flywheel protection plate had a massive boss in the way... A bit annoying as this was brand new, but lopped off the boss and slapped a quick coat of paint on it for now... Eventually I will get a decent aftermarket manifold so I might get it powdercoated then!

Finally painted up my brake servo... Messed it up a little as this was meant to be satin black I borrowed off a friend... Apparently the satin part sinks to the bottom and I didn't stir enough so it's gloss, but never mind... It's better than rust:

And fitted!

Also got a throttle cable kit and fitted that:

So now all 3 pedals work along with the gearlever so I can at least pretend to drive it

With the servo in I could fit the fusebox and start on the electrics. The headlight loom had frayed previously where it had been rubbing on the fan, and in my younger days I just taped it all up to prevent it shorting... Now was the time to fix it properly... Old chopped out bits:

Nicely replaced with good wire, soldered and heatsink:

Taped it up and put it in New conduit. The washer pump connectors were also buggered and one was missing so I replaced then with new jpt connectors! The drivers side indicator mini loom was a bit shit too, and then a connector fell off, so while I was down the scrappy I found another one from an ax... Slightly different wire lengths but fits fine:

Finally, New alternator belt, and spaced out the alternator 12mm with 3mm washers:

I've already compared the pinouts for the gti loom vs my original and its basically the same... One earth from the body loom to the gearbox is missing, I need to wire in a fuel pump, and there are no provisions in the body loom for some of the sensors and warning lights but nvm... Figured I would just plug it in as is and see what happens! Also got a new battery as the old one was bulging a bit , and welded up a broken stud on the relayy box bracket... Will be powdercoated later:

The c2 vts top hose fitted perfectly, and I cut the bottom hose to fit the rad with a new rad cap:

Stuck a slimline fan on the front... Just cable tied for now... Will fab up some brackets at a later date:

Got a standard gti airbox and pipework and fitted it... Got a mounting bracket on the way and piped up the breather hoses... Will stick some jubilee clips on in time:

That's all so far... Almost there! Connected up the battery, most of the electronics work, the fuel relay clicks, the icv whirs, the oil pressure and battery lights on the dash work, and the engine turns over on the starter motor, gets oil pressure and the light goes out just got to do the fuel lines and pump before I get the edu unlocked and try it out for real!!!! How it looks today:

Last edited by MattXT92; 30-10-2014 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
MattXT92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:24 PM   #73
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
About time I updated this... Got a bit distracted again last year as my mums golf got an advisory for rust on the front right sill... As is always the way it was worse once all the rot was revealed, but a couple of days cutting and welding and its all sorted:

Back to the wee beast, I decided to change the pace a little bit and get on with another job... As I mentioned before its been resprayed in the past in a slightly off shade of grey... This was also chipped and scabby in a few areas so I decided the best thing to do would be to scrape it all off! For better or for worse I started rubbing down and revealing the filler work it's had... I wanted the best possible base for the respray so it's all been taken down to either factory paint or bare metal... This is the colour difference:

I needed to turn it round to start work on the back end, so pulled it out of the garage yesterday to let her breathe

Old 01-03-2015, 09:35 PM   #74
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
It's all pretty sound except the drivers side rear quarter... It's had a small crunch but is very localised... I am planning to replace the light support panel and the very end of the rear crossmember and panel beat the rear quarter back to shape, the boot floor is undamaged so all good I knew about this bit anyway so I'm quite pleased theres nothing too bad under all that paint... This is the worst bit:

one thing letting down the bay was the exhaust manifold heat shield... Cracked out some paint and tidied it up:

Got on with painting the slam panel too... A few little rusty bits as to be expected, but rubbed it all back, treated it, etch primed and painted:

Pretty pleased with the finish on it just got to let it cure and I can Finish off the bay :

Old 01-03-2015, 10:43 PM   #75
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
Wow, nice work again! Looking really good now.
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:21 AM   #76
matt_w

User Gallery
Great work as always, the end is in sight now!
matt_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 09:49 PM   #77
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Cheers fellas really feeling the motivation to crack on and get it done for summer this year

The paint is now nice and hard so I fitted the slam panel tonight, and all the stuff that fits on including the VIN plate and stickers... Looks pretty tidy methinks:

Only bit I haven't done is the rad springs as they are a bit scabby and will scrape the paint as they are... Gonna deox them and either get them plated or invest in a home plating kit... Anyone used one and can comment on how good they are?
Old 11-03-2015, 01:51 PM   #78
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Got the car up on axle stands, wheels off and got the tank and filler neck etc off... lovely clean, rust free arches a world apart from the mess my sis' 8-years younger car had under here! Both sides are the same

I'm especially pleased as this is what was packed in behind the filler neck:

It was completely solid and had obviously been there for years... the neck has never been off!
Old 12-03-2015, 07:49 PM   #79
LukeS1Stoke

User Gallery
Looking great Matt youv been cracking on with it. That is mint under the back, a world apart from what mine was like!
Old 13-03-2015, 07:29 AM   #80
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Cheers Luke nice to know there is 1 area I don't really need to touch
Old 27-04-2015, 07:47 AM   #81
matt_w

User Gallery
Any progress here?
Old 28-04-2015, 01:06 PM   #82
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Sure has i've just been lazy updating this!

I went up to lincolnshire a little while ago and picked up a brand new genuine bonnet for a bargain price... figured the one i had wasnt worth sorting... had a few dents in inaccessible areas and wasnt genuine, so i now have a perfect brand new one ready to fit. Also got a few other bits and bobs from the same place like a headlight and some fuel system bits, all genuine, so i think i now have pretty much everything to get this thing working On the way down, popped in to see Bendee and relieve him of a quarter of his car:

To fix the back end i ideally needed a decent quarter panel, the rear crossmember and possibly the inner arch, and he was going to scrap this anyway so at least some of it will live on Thought id post these pics if anyone is interested in how the rear end is fitted together... i pulled each panel off individually rather than hacking wildly, so if anyone wants any of the bits im not using, feel free to get in touch and you can have them for free:

Onto my car, the crossmember had been crunched a bit, along with the light support panel and quarter, and it had been pulled out and fillered, but the light has never quite lined up with the body properly as they had only done half the job... Also, the inner support where its glued to the quarter panel had separated and had been bent round the wrong way and pasted in goo!! The only way i was going to be happy with it would be to cut out and replace. Rear crossmember:

Pulled out with weld pins and a slide hammer:

Whole area wasn't properly straight:

Chop chop :

This was after i straightened the inner panel... the flange was the wrong way round and i did try to lever it round with the quarter attached and i couldn't, so it had to come off... was ripply as hell anyway and what it left is pretty much all sound :

Old 28-04-2015, 01:23 PM   #83
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Trial fitted the new light support... bit of beating to do on the inner wing to straighten it out, but aside from that it all lines up spot on:

Car straightened and panels prepped:

Welded in:

Crossmember shaped... this one also had a little ripple a bit like my old one where it folds around the inner wing when bumped, but it was nowhere near as bad so i tapped it back into shape:

Prepped:

Mostly welded... was late and i was just going to tack it in and got carried away, still a bit to do on the butt joint:

Ground down what ive done so far:

I've trial fitted the rear quarter and it all lines up very nicely, panel gaps are good, light sits where it needs to with no messing about... run out of gas so this is where it stands so far... almost there
Old 28-04-2015, 07:46 PM   #84
jools

User Gallery
Just gets better and better. Any ideas how many hours you have spent so far?
jools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2015, 06:50 AM   #85
matt_w

User Gallery
Wow I wasn't expecting that update! Great progress though, you're braver than me to cut up the quarter panel! Really looking forward to seeing this completed
Old 29-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #86
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Haha, i think there comes a point when seeing your car cut open doesn't scare you anymore... the first time was nerve wracking, i think i've just become used to it

Cheers Jools, i dread to think how much time i've sunk into this! In fairness i would probably get it done quickly if i got on with it, just find it difficult to find time to crack on... life gets in the way and all that so i probably only do a few hours a week on average Its getting close now though so i'm trying to stop going out so much and just get it done... hoping to have it on the road later this year
Old 04-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #87
hillbilly

User Gallery
All i can say is WOW! fantastic job mate! im in the process of trying to sort the front end out on my xsi and seeing what you have done gives me hope that there is still time for my old girl yet As already said by other members mate your work and attention to detail really is inspiring.
hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:12 PM   #88
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Cheers dude, much appreciated I did kinda hope it would inspire a few people to have a crack at saving their car... too many just get scrapped these days!
Old 17-05-2015, 12:52 PM   #89
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
so the wheel arch panel was really badly pitted where it had been rusting... I thought about leaving it in but my OCD kicked in so it had to go:

I treated all the surface rust in this area with deox gel since it wi'll be difficult to do anything here once it's all back together... Primed it all up and tigersealed all the seams apart from those I need to weld near:

Shaped the piece of quarter panel:

Then loaded up the joint where there should be structural adhesive with tigerseal, clamped it all into place, tacked the panel in and left it for the glue to set:

Came back to it this morning and welded it in fully, ground it all flat, took off the white paint and whacked on a coat of etch to see the full effect:

Gotta say I'm pretty damn happy with how it's turned out was really tough trying to get it to line up and sit flat in all areas but a skim of filler, seam sealer and paint, you won't be able to tell it's been done got a few finishing touches to do then I can shape the arch for the rallye arch extension
Old 27-06-2015, 07:57 AM   #90
mike84

User Gallery
Wow !! Just read your whole thread , amazing work glad you stuck at it where most folk would of scrapped it.
Will be mint once finished really impressed with your workmanship and attention to detail top job !!!
mike84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:03 AM   #91
matt_w

User Gallery
Any more progress here? Must be back on the road by now...?!
Old 11-09-2015, 09:16 AM   #92
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
Haha nope ive done a little welding up of self tapper holes in the boot floor but other than that this is still pretty much up to date... had a few other things to take care of but i should be getting back on this soon
Old 29-03-2016, 07:00 AM   #93
matt_w

User Gallery
Sooo... any updates on this??
Old 30-01-2018, 11:54 AM   #94
MattXT92

User Gallery Car Blog
About time I updated this... forum seems a bit dead these days but in the interests of completeness here goes:

So i got to the above stage and thought it would be a simple case of cleaning up the underside of the boot, painting and reassembling but as always its turns out to be more than expected! Without a spit this is a horrible job, and everywhere I cleaned off I'd find more problems so i kinda lost enthusiasm and let life get in the way. Chipped away at it slowly and i've had a real push recently to just get it done! In the end i had to replace:

- bottom of LHS wheel arch where it meets the boot floor
- LHS of boot floor where it meets the wheel arch
- Small piece of boot floor where rear LHS carpet grommet fits
- LHS longitudinal section where exhaust hangs
- small section of LHS inner sill next to fuel tank
- front and rear, inner and outer panels of front beam mounts on both sides (crossmember under the rear seat pan)
- weld up self tapper holes where CD changer had been fitted to floor
- add reinforcement plate to fuel tank mount
weld up random holes in rear light panel / quarter panel etc that are for S2 and not on S1 (wanted it to match the other side)

Got it somewhere near what i was happy with and masked up:

Standard couple of coats of epoxymastic chassis paint, followed by tigerseal and 3m sprayable sealer:

Can of stonechip over that lot, 3 coats of colour and 2 of lacquer:

Remasked the whole thing and moved up top, cleaned up all the welds, skim of filler over the worst bits and the parts that'll be on show... this previously had carpet over the sides of the boot but it's going rallye spec painted metal

Primed

Painted

Lacquered

Finally in a position to be able to bolt bits back on and stop cluttering up the house with car parts

And that's up to date!

Few bits to put back on, plumb in the brake lines, fit the fuel tank and wire up the fuel pump and unlock the ECU and fingers crossed it will run! At that point it goes into a bodyshop for a proper paint job on the outside so hopefully will be good to go for summer!

Last edited by MattXT92; 30-01-2018 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
MattXT92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 12:17 PM   #95
shenparbitch
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER & ThunderCnut

User Gallery
Lovely stuff!!!
shenparbitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 04:04 PM   #96
Cris B

User Gallery Car Blog
Looking good! It’s amazing what a paint job does to lift your spirits and motivate you.
Old 07-02-2018, 02:43 PM   #97
Gus
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER & SCOTTISH GROUP LEADER

User Gallery Car Blog
Cracking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
My resolution for 2011 is to sort my fucking car
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:03 PM   #98
Alanapone

User Gallery
Wow, What a read!!

It's really good to see the detail you've gone to, to get this car back to such a high level. Really impressed with your results with the spray gun and a little compressor too. I have recently found a load of rust in the back of my mk1 Saxo and was considering calling the scrap man... I think I'll get on gumtree and see if I can find a cheap compressor now!

How come you aren't tackling the exterior paint yourself? Looks like you have some pretty good skills so far.
Alanapone is offline   Reply With Quote