home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > GENERAL TOPICS > 106 Rallye Chat & Topics

106 Rallye Chat & Topics Specific Rallye related chat and discussions only please!

Old 07-05-2018, 09:13 PM   #1
Pugdjw
SOON TO BE FREELOADER - PLEASE JOIN UP NOW!

User Gallery
S1 rallye interior loom help.

Looking for a definitive answer. I've used the search function and can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Does the s1 rallye share it's interior loom with any other model or is it specific to the rallye ?

I've got a black rallye that has been stood a while and it seems to have developed an immobilser/earth fault. Both the red and green light the on the key pad stay on and it won't let me enter the code. The engine doesn't turn over the key pad just buzzes when you turn the key.
Pugdjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:20 PM   #2
MHR1294
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
The starter motor should ALWAYS turn over. it's a separate system to the immobiliser.

Check your ignition switch?

The interior loom on my S1 Rallye looks the same as a normal S1 I stripped once.
MHR1294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 02:00 AM   #3
Pugdjw

User Gallery
It could well be a dodgy ignition, when I put the car into storage the problem was very intermittent. When I get a spare minute I'm going to pull the dash regardless I think to see what's going on. If all s1 interior looms are the same I think it might be worth while trying to source one if the ignition isn't at fault.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:15 PM   #4
MHR1294

User Gallery
Make sure you label EVERYTHING and make sure all the screws are out of the heater matrix before pulling on the dash.

S1 dashboards are a nightmare.

I'm sure all the S1 looms are the same, I know in later S2 looms they are "stripped to spec". S1's always have spare plugs floating about for options.
Old 14-05-2018, 09:35 PM   #5
Pugdjw

User Gallery
Spent a little time in the garage at the weekend. Fully charged the battery, the car turns over but still has the keypad fault. It doesn't let you enter the code and the red light stays on. Think I'm best off getting the Ecu sent away and the immobiliser removed.
Old 16-05-2018, 07:37 PM   #6
MHR1294

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugdjw View Post
Spent a little time in the garage at the weekend. Fully charged the battery, the car turns over but still has the keypad fault. It doesn't let you enter the code and the red light stays on. Think I'm best off getting the Ecu sent away and the immobiliser removed.
Well that's progress if it's turning over! Get it unlocked and hopefully that'll save you a load of work!