home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > RALLYE PERFORMANCE, STATS & RACING > Rallying, Racing & Motorsport

Rallying, Racing & Motorsport Does your rallye compete in any form of motorsport? Post here with all info!

Old 03-04-2015, 09:59 PM   #1
Mike_Roberts
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
Braided fuel hose advice

Any of you guys running braided hose with a standard fuel tank and 16v fuel rail? I want the proper teflon stuff inside the car to stop the fumes, but obviously this won't fit onto the pump or rail. I was thinking of putting the lines through grommets on the front and rear bulkhead, then using -6 to barb fittings to put rubber braided hose onto the pump and rail? Hoping to get a smaller filter as well from Torques to fit just above the pedal box in the engine bay.

Any advice would be great! I'm happy with assembling my own teflon fittings as I've made my own brake lines. I just know that I'm not allowed any exposed fuel fittings inside the cabin! Not really interested in these posh tank/swirl setups that people have on the rear bench.. They're not rally legal, and I also have to have my seats in place for road rallying.

Cheers,

Mike
Mike_Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:38 PM   #2
welshpug

User Gallery
you are allowed bulkhead fittings, these would be better than grommets.

I think Alex does some Quick connect fittings that'll work on the o.e fuel rails, and there are some screw fitting type filters you can get off the shelf at most factors that can be used with braided hose and fittings, 205 gti for example.
welshpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:43 PM   #3
Mike_Roberts

User Gallery
I'll have a look! Cheers
Mike_Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote