home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > RALLYE REGISTER REGIONAL GROUPS > London & South East > South East Members Cars

Old 08-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #1
lurch
SOUTH EAST GROUP LEADER

User Gallery
My S2 Blog

Thought I should start a blog as I have done a few things to the Rallye in the last week and have some more planned for the future
I got my old S2 back off Joehow12 a few weeks ago, I forgot quite how fun 106's are
It was standard apart from the Raceland exhaust manifold and a Supersprint race exhaust system.

Firstly I gave it a little service, oil filter and air filter from Peugeot, a set of Magnecor KV85 ignition leads and some Denso spark plugs.

Next up was to sort out my new front wishbones, I bought a set of the solid ally rear wishbone mounts in one of David B's group buys ages ago, so bought a set of Polyrace front bushes and a pair of balljoints off Peugeot.

Sorry about the bad picture quality they were taken on my phone.

The new wishones are brilliant, the car seems much more stable and has a lot better feel, the old wishbones were a bit shagged tho!

Last weekend I was a bit bored decided to start to strip her out
So far I have removed:
Rear seats and belts
Rear doorcards
All rear plastics
Rear wiper motor
Spare wheel and cage

Also fitted some polyrace exhaust mounts as it was bouncing around abit and occasionally hitting the beam. They sorted it nicely

I fitted my group n engine mounts today, I got them from Peugeot Sport Boutique, only 170 euros and arrived in 4 days!
My mate welded the 3 plates in, then I gave it a coat of red oxide primer and a couple of coats of Halfords indigo blue, doesn't seem to be a great match, dont think I'll be using any on the outside of the car. Looks fine in the bay tho just ignore that little bit of over spray on the loom, ooops!

The mounts are awesome, proper hardcore! They have made my car fall apart tho, the stereo rattled around then tried to escape out of the dash and then a screw fell out of the dash surround. I'm off to buy some Loctite tomorrow.

Last edited by lurch; 12-10-2008 at 11:04 PM. Reason: pics added
lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:47 PM   #2
Aleksandr
SOUTH EAST GROUP LEADER #2

User Gallery Car Blog
Nice work! Good to see another blue S2 around (not that it's really new to the region ).
Aleksandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:31 AM   #3
lurch
SOUTH EAST GROUP LEADER

User Gallery
Cheers mate, were should sort out a regional meet soon.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:50 AM   #4
J Butler
WHOOPS! MEMBERSHIP JUST EXPIRED

User Gallery Car Blog
Thats why I like my group a mounts, if there is anything loose, the car will let you know!
[I][B]JayButler88[/B]@hotmail.com :)[/I][/CENTER]
J Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:26 PM   #5
lurch
SOUTH EAST GROUP LEADER

User Gallery
Done a few things to the rallye this weekend, mainly giving it a good clean. Will post up some engine bay pics tomorrow.

I also fitted a Sparco steering wheel spacer, it really improves my driving position as i can have the seat all the way back and not be reaching forward for the steering wheel. As I seem to have long legs but relatively short arms! lol

Excuse the bits on trim missing as I am trying to get to the bottom of my strange electrical fault. It is causing my horn and sidelights not to work, also for my hazards to work I need to be indicating left! I reckon it could be the indicator/light stalk.

I also picked up a roll cage on Saturday, the owner was not sure if it was Sparco or OMP. It looks like an OMP 6 point to me.
It won't be going in the Rallye for a while yet, I need to save up for some proper seats and harnesses first.
I'm gonna do a few mods to the cage, weld in a fixed rear diagonal as I don't like the removable one, think I am also going to add some harness bars. Not sure what colour to paint it tho, black or indigo or something else!

Last edited by lurch; 12-10-2008 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 13-10-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
J Butler

User Gallery Car Blog
What wheel is that mate? Im after one and really like the look of that. I see you got the cage, looks like a newer style omp to me. I think you should paint the cage indigo. Looks like youll have to weld those rear plates down so it will just blend in, as long as you find a better paint match!
[I][B]JayButler88[/B]@hotmail.com :)[/I][/CENTER]
J Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2008, 04:38 PM   #7
80WYA
EXPIRED MEMBER :-(

User Gallery
paint the cage either indigo or black
80WYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #8
stugee

User Gallery Car Blog
I'd go for satin black (well I already have )
[CENTER][I][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][B][COLOR=blue]Exterior:[/COLOR][/B] Debadged | Plated sunroof | Polycarbonate windows | Bonnet Pins[/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]
[CENTER][I][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][B][COLOR=blue]Interior:[/COLOR][/B] Stripped | Fibreglass Bucket Seat | OMP Harness | Rear Roll Cage | Sparco Steering Wheel | Sparco Gear Knob | Autogauge Rev counter | Fire extinguisher[/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/CENTER]
[CENTER][I][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][B][COLOR=blue]Chassis:[/COLOR][/B] Lowered 60mm | Gaz rear shocks | Koni front shocks | S2 Rallye Steel Rims / R888's[/SIZE] [/FONT][/I][/CENTER]
stugee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2008, 06:48 PM   #9
lurch
SOUTH EAST GROUP LEADER

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Butler View Post
What wheel is that mate?
Not too sure mate, Joe bought it. But looking in the Demon Tweeks catalogue it appears to be either a 323 or a 333.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stugee View Post
I'd go for satin black (well I already have )
I like the idea of satin black, I think the interior may be too blue if the the cage was indigo aswell.
Quality Tesco Value avatar btw! lol
Old 13-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #10
Aleksandr
SOUTH EAST GROUP LEADER #2

User Gallery Car Blog
Get that carpet out!
Aleksandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #11
Big Jazzle
MODERATOR & RR EVENTS

User Gallery