home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > RALLYE REGISTER REGIONAL GROUPS > London & South East > South East Members Cars

Old 25-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
Robinson
WHOOPS! MEMBERSHIP JUST EXPIRED

User Gallery
Robinsons Bianca S2 Rallye Blog

Hi all! Long story short.

I quit my pretty well paid job in sales to become self employed doing something that i really enjoy. Doing so has meant that i needed to sell almost all of my extensive collection of cars I had no daily driver for a while, then i bought a mk2 saxo vts cheap to thrash about and abuse on the odd track day, i got bored of that and sold it with no idea what i actually wanted to have. Well not within my very limited budget anyway

So after scanning for a while and going to look at some cars, i saw a white(my weak point) S2 rallye advertised cheap on here. I was in desperate need of a car to get to and from site and transport my tools and stuff, i took the gamble on it and travelled to the isle of wight on my own to collect it. This beats my trip to plymouth the previous week to buy a heap of a clio 172 that was described as in great condition, waste of time and money!

So after a long trip in the snow, i got it home:

Strangely enough it came with snow tyres already fitted, and some pikey 14" TSWs with tidy G profilers on.

I did the usual check over and everything seemed OK bar the issues mentioned by the previous owner.

I put the car into regular use from then, it started playing up after a few days and not starting at all, which was quite frustrating, after some investigation it seems that the alarm/immobiliser was being tempramental. What could i do?

Bin the alarm of course!

Then the nylon ball of the gear linkage fell off while i was driving! And i decided that the standard brakes were pants, and that i might as well do the wishbones while i was at it:

"New brakes"

Wishbones:

Then one of my winter tyres went flat so i resorted to using the TSWs for a few days, it wasn't long before i decided that i wanted some turinis instead of my spare white chronos on R888s, as the track tyres are generally no use in snow and ice! So i bought some turinis to share between my 2 cars:

And after a month or so of driving it, it was looking quite filthy, so i cleaned it and for such an occasion i cracked out my DSLR and L glass!

And right now i have a few bits sitting waiting to go in:

16v GTi engine, loom & unlocked ECU
Faulkners 40mm linear lowering springs
Bilstein dampers
Brand new beam
Brand new decals and badge
Brand new discs and yellowstuff pads(impending track outing)
Loads more...

Hopefully the next update will contain: Engine transplant, suspension rebuild, new front bumper & slam panel, full rotary polish, new decal application followed by sealant and wax, then a nice photoshoot with some of my mates cars
Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
VTR turbo
EXPIRED MEMBER :-(

User Gallery
you go through cars more than me bud lol

tidy looking rallye though
VTR turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 10:15 PM   #3
Robinson

User Gallery
Cheers Martin! Have to catch up soon, living in wrecclesham at the moment so not far at all from you? Get that AX built

I am trying to stick with these cars for a bit. Need to buy an estate car/van for work really so something will have to give eventually, although i guess it's ok to have two track cars? Always worth having a spare car!
Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2010, 11:07 PM   #4
VTR turbo
EXPIRED MEMBER :-(

User Gallery
lol id just love to have one working track car, instead ive got a broken track car, a broken show car, a broken van and 2 crap everyday cars

my workshop is only about 5 miles from wrecclesham bud
VTR turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
curl666

User Gallery Car Blog
Looks lovely!

I see you are treating it well
curl666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #6
CTR_Chris