home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > TUNING, MODIFICATIONS & UPGRADES > Electrical & Wiring

Electrical & Wiring Engine management systems, looms, switches, gauges, sensors, etc

Old 04-11-2017, 01:02 PM   #1
micheldeman
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
sensors values list S2 Rallye

I am after a list of sensor values, e.g. resistance values of sensors (cold/warm) as I am trying to solve a high CO value on the engine of my S2 1.6 8V Rallye.

Anyone?
micheldeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:43 PM   #2
MHR1294

User Gallery
Coolant sensor is 2000-2100 ohms at 25 degrees and at 80 degrees should be around 300ohms.

What other sensors? The air temp is pretty negligible for fuelling.

What are your CO readings? at idle and fast (2500-3000)
MHR1294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:18 PM   #3
micheldeman

User Gallery
Thanks for that,

CO is 6% vol according to a snapshot that I have of the previous owner of the measuring system at the garage . Don't know if that was at idle or fast.

I think the air temp sensor is not negligible for fuelling as it will cause the ECU to give more fuel when air temperature is colder.

From another tread on this forum, there's also a "trick" to mislead the ECU, read below:

It's very simple as per the French Gr. N preparation manual a 10K ohm resistor , proper extention should be made and placed in line with the air temp whenever the Gr. N ECU is used . Basically it riches the whole fuel map since the ECU thinks that the ambient temp is lower.

That means, a different value of the air temp sensor will have influence on how much fuel will be injected.

However, today, I have found that my timing belt has slipped one tooth. That may be the reason for my high CO problem, so need to sort that one out first.

I recently bought this car, so it's always difficult to find causes and what has been done to the car so far. Today, I also detected a tuned chip in the ECU, so swapped that first back to an original chip too.
micheldeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 06:36 PM   #4
MHR1294

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by micheldeman View Post
Thanks for that,

CO is 6% vol according to a snapshot that I have of the previous owner of the measuring system at the garage . Don't know if that was at idle or fast.

I think the air temp sensor is not negligible for fuelling as it will cause the ECU to give more fuel when air temperature is colder.

From another tread on this forum, there's also a "trick" to mislead the ECU, read below:

It's very simple as per the French Gr. N preparation manual a 10K ohm resistor , proper extention should be made and placed in line with the air temp whenever the Gr. N ECU is used . Basically it riches the whole fuel map since the ECU thinks that the ambient temp is lower.

That means, a different value of the air temp sensor will have influence on how much fuel will be injected.

However, today, I have found that my timing belt has slipped one tooth. That may be the reason for my high CO problem, so need to sort that one out first.

I recently bought this car, so it's always difficult to find causes and what has been done to the car so far. Today, I also detected a tuned chip in the ECU, so swapped that first back to an original chip too.
Unless you get current readings you're going in circles. How do you know the CO readings are still high?

That chip probably wouldnt be helping anyway!
MHR1294 is offline   Reply With Quote