home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > RALLYE REGISTER REGIONAL GROUPS > West Midlands > West Midlands Members Cars

Old 26-01-2017, 01:39 PM   #101
Mike_Roberts
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
Bit the bullet and have finally converted to 2.5" springs! These springs are just borrowed at the minute to test for length. They are 9" 225Lb, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to get away with 10.5" 185Lb... we'll see! Rear beam has been set slightly higher and I've got an S2 tank and pump ready to go in to replace the split S1 tank.

Mike_Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:12 PM   #102
Mike_Roberts

User Gallery

185Lb 10.5" springs fitted and the rear raised up after the new torsion bars settled too low. Back bumper is on and she's pretty much ready for MoT next week.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:00 PM   #103
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
Looks good, when's the next outing?
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:52 PM   #104
Mike_Roberts

User Gallery
Holrus targa rally start of July, and then 116 targa at the end of July! She flew through MoT again today!
Old 07-07-2017, 02:44 PM   #105
Mike_Roberts

User Gallery
Awesome day on the Holrus targa! Managed to miss a code board and got a 2 minute penalty but still finished 3rd in class and 18th overall. Had a bit of clunking from the back which is possibly the ARB end plate. I checked it was tight at the half way halt but could just be as the weight is transitioning from one side to the other.
Had some huge air and managd to bend the sump guard and shear the rear bolt heads off. Also bent the fuel tank guard and put a few big dents in the exhaust. Also managed to bottom out the rear suspension... Lost both of the bump stops and bent the floor where they usually mount into.

Other than that she's grand!

Few little tweaks and she's good for the 116 Targa at the end of the month!

Old 03-08-2017, 03:48 PM   #106
Mike_Roberts

User Gallery
Had a really good day on the 116 Targa, awesome event both this year and last year! Managed to have a completely clean run with no penalties all day.

Started the day with 2 laps of Glan-Y-Gors kart track and I set the quickest time by 4 seconds. The rear suspension once again slowed us down on the fast rougher sections... massive compressions again resulting in the boot floor even more bent. Looks like the uprated 20mm torsion bars aren't quite up to the required material spec. They keep sagging more and more after each rally. Already reset them twice higher and it's too low again! I'll have a word with the manufacturer but no doubt they'll argue that it's a competition vehicle so no warranty. May have to bite the bullet and buy proper peugeot sport bars.