home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > RALLYE REGISTER REGIONAL GROUPS > South West

South West Cornwall, Devon, Somerset

Old 23-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
njack
WHOOPS! MEMBERSHIP JUST EXPIRED

User Gallery
Nicks Indigo Blue S2 Rallye Progress thread

Hi my names Nick. I have owned my s2 rallye for 10 months now and decided to start a progress thread as im keen to prepare it for fast road and track use.

I have done a few small things since buying the car which i got with 85k miles on the clock

Engine
Genuine 1.6 8 Valve with 4-2-1 Exhaust Manifold & 3" Inward Rolled Pug Sport System & K&N Panel Filter

Suspension
Front lowering springs & rear torsion bar adjusted to suit, OMP upper and lower front strut braces.

Wheels / Tyres / Braking
Freshly refurbished Rallye Steels wrapped in Toyo Proxies.
Mintex fast road pads front and rear.

Here are a few pictures of the car to date. Hope you like.

Future Plans / Modifications
New suspension set up
GTI 16 Valve Engine
Track Prep - Roll Cage / Bucket Seats / Harnesses

Please feel free to comment and give me advice as im new to the french hot hatch / car scene

Thanks in advance

Nick
njack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
njack

User Gallery
Here are a couple of videos for you to enjoy

njack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Dean1899

User Gallery
Hi mate .
I've just started a new 16v conversion on my first white s1 will be following this to pick up some tips as I've never done anything like this before.
Hope it all goes smoothly
Dean
Dean1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #4
chrisjp4
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
Very nice car buddy!! Best colour for a s2 i think!

I wouldn't bother doing a gti conversion all j4 engines are shaaaged these days & go for peanuts! you could get yourself a j4 for parts and get a low mileage tu5jp4 engine (206, 307 1.6 16v engine's) cheapish and then convert it.

cost about 400 in total but you'll get a low mileage 16v, is a bit of a pain to convert the jp4 but u only have to change valve springs, cams, inlet & drill new holes for studs and change over the oil filter set-up from a j4 block.

It's what i have done, in a saxo but the theory's still the same mate, check my blog if u want pic's etc there will be a lot more on there about the conversion in the next few days. I'm hoping for 130-140bhp, fready666 on here got over 150hp with the same set-up! So compared to a gti block you would have a much better & newer base to start with and bigger inlet valves. You'd need a gti loom+ecu too so if u do that you'll be better off buying a gti block etc for parts.

Or u could ignore that and mod the rallye block as it should have a good bit of life in it yet! Especially if it's had regular services.

What car's have u had before mate?? Small french hatchbacks are the way forward if u ask me!

Good luck with it mate!

Chris
chrisjp4 is offline   Reply With Quote