home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > TUNING, MODIFICATIONS & UPGRADES > Electrical & Wiring

Electrical & Wiring Engine management systems, looms, switches, gauges, sensors, etc

Old 27-03-2018, 09:07 PM   #1
Milwain
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
No spark and fuel pump not priming

Hi i fitted a 106 gti engine (single plug) into a 2002 1.1 106 (3 plug shell) on saterday spliced the large single chassis plug off the 1.1 engine onto the gti loom i also used the live battery cable to starter and the 2 fuse box’s off the 1.1 engine as the engine didnt come with it turned ignition on to start it and noticed the fuel pump didnt prime cranked it over and nothing i pulled the coil out and have no spark. also i have live to the injection relay and live down to the coil iv tryed another coil another double relay and 2 unlocked ecu’s but still no go the 1.1 shell originally had an inertia switch but that went with the 1.1 engine loom and havnt seen a plug or wire for the inertia switch on the gti loom if they have one and help would be great thanks in advance.
Milwain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 03:05 PM   #2
Mendez

User Gallery
Hello from Portugal.

Check the relay under the ECU, or check the fuse box that is attached to the brake pump and battery, if the + and - cables are tight or if there is a fuse blown on that box.

I had the same problem (rallye mk1 peugeot 106), I connected the pump direct to the 12v, I got gasoline to the injection, but it had no ignition. I switched the relay that was underneath the ECU and remained ... constipation, -> it was the ground wire that connected to that mini fuse box that is near the battery and the central brake pump that had bad contact.

Hope that could be help
Mendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 08:22 PM   #3
MHR1294
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
Your starter motor should have 3 wires on it. the 3rd wire provides power to everything engine loom related. if that is missing or not connected it'll never start. That stops the pump from priming.

Else, as above, the relay under the ECU has failed.

Unless you've not spliced all the correct wires?

It's not a locked ECU, locked ECU's still prime the pump.
MHR1294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 09:55 PM   #4
Milwain

User Gallery
Its got power and earth to all the pins on the relay there’s 12v to the coil the ecu is 100% unlocked its just the fuel pump isnt priming the plugs are dry so its not sending power to the injectors and no spark im lost where to try next
Old 29-03-2018, 08:10 AM   #5
Mendez

User Gallery
Try to connect directly to the batery.
If its working, go to the relay near the central brake pump.
Mendez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2018, 11:14 AM   #6
Milwain

User Gallery
Does anyone know what pins do what on the relay and what pin should be earth pins 2/5/8/11 all con check to earth and pins 2/8/11/14 all have 12v to them tested the crank sensor and it has 442 ohms with the gti relay plugged in i have no power to pin 3 on the coil if i plug the brown 1.1 relay in i get 12v to pin 3 on the coil and 12v to pin 1 on the injector loom plug and also the fuel pump runs constantly
Old 29-03-2018, 05:56 PM   #7
MHR1294

User Gallery
If you're using a single plug GTi loom, you need to use the black injection relay.

See here
Old 29-03-2018, 07:17 PM   #8
Milwain

User Gallery
Iv just been and got the black relay off my mates gti engine and the pump is running constanly now but still no spark or injectors firing

With my mates relay on the fuel pump is now priming but i dont have 12v feed to the coil and i dont have 12v to the injector plug

Iv also just found that i have a 12v feed to the coil but only while the pump is priming as soon as the pump stops priming or i crank it it looses voltage

Last edited by Milwain; 29-03-2018 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-04-2018, 08:47 AM   #9
MHR1294

User Gallery
Did you see it, the single plug GTi engine and loom you've bought, running before on the previous car?

All the GTi looms come with an inertia switch, if you can't find it or it's wiring it sounds to me like the loom has been tampered with already.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:49 AM   #10
Milwain

User Gallery
MHR1294 thanks for your reply i brought the engine off the floor so never heard it running and also it had already been fitted into a quicksilver shell so the wiring hd already been messed with but iv redone all the chassis plug and everything seems ok i think your right that its an inertia switch issue on the gti loom but there is nothing on the loom to do with it
Old 02-04-2018, 08:00 PM   #11
Milwain

User Gallery
I think Iv figured the problem im getting 12v to the coil and injector plug but only while the fuel pumps priming when the pump stops priming or i crank it goes to 0v so where have i gone wrong with the wiring the ignition live im using on the chassis plug to the gti loom is staying live while cranking so why is coil not staying live ?
Old 03-04-2018, 05:06 PM   #12
MHR1294

User Gallery
It's too hard to tell, it's had wires stripped from it clearly.

Did you check the starter motor? the main feed for the drivers that run the coil and injectors comes from the starter motor live.
Old 03-04-2018, 06:22 PM   #13
Milwain

User Gallery
The only wires i have going to the starter motor are the main from the battery a thick red that runs round to the alternator and a blue wire with a spade end on thats the feed from the ignition for the trigger