home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > RALLYE REGISTER REGIONAL GROUPS > International > International Members Cars

Old 01-12-2019, 09:18 PM   #1
M16N5
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
Peugeot 106 Rallye S1 1.3 8V Greece

So got the peugeot back in 2015, just before i got my driving license it had gasket issues, and at the time i didnt know anything about working on cars so took it to garage he changed gasket got head skimmed and still had the issue, so my dad payed to get new engine, we got a 1.4 XSi engine and they but that in.
Since then it has been working fine. My dad later in 2017 ended up getting another 106 S1 with a 1.6 8V engine in it and the previous owner really didnt know anything about the car but it had nice power and i kept "borrowing" it from him .
2019 We had hard decisions as we couldn't maintain both and even tho i liked the 1.6 one i ended up keeping my 1.3(1.4) one as it was my 1st car (also the 1.6 belong to my dad and he didnt really seem to have the same interest as when he 1st got it).

Now with my little 1.4 that i wanted to upgrade...
I got a 1.6 8V engine that was recent rebuild that came out of a crashed 106 (side hit)
Also ordered Bilstein Group N Shocks and Eibach Pro spings, new engine mounts, new clutch and had to get flywheel as previous owner had a 1.3 engine flywheel, new strut mounts, new control arms, strut rods, sensors, fuel filter and more.

1ST 106

New Brother Day

2ND 106

Work on the Original 1.3(1.4) Engine swap to 1.6 8V

M16N5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:22 PM   #2
M16N5
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
And for you wondering what was wrong with the 1st 1.3 engine that the car came with i took the time with my new tools to open it up and see...

M16N5 is offline   Reply With Quote