home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > TUNING, MODIFICATIONS & UPGRADES > Air Filters & Induction kits

Air Filters & Induction kits Replacement air filters, forced air induction, air intake pipes

Old 22-08-2019, 06:58 AM   #1
woes
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
Will it run?

Simple question:

My engine is out due to some maintenance, will put it back this week in the car. I am converting to TB's, but the engine has to run a couple of hours to run in the new bearings (main and conrod).

Since it is a bit of a fiddle to remove the inlet manifold when the engine is in place, can I use the new TB setup (GSXR1000) to have the car running on stock software/ecu or do I need to run it first with the old original intake and after a couple of hours change to the TB? It does not has to be drivable, but has to run to change the oil after a hour or so.

After the running in it will go to the mechanic to map it accordingly. It will be on the dyno.
woes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 05:40 PM   #2
welshpug
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
Best approach is to not run it till it has been mapped, then change the oil after the mapping, running beforehand you risk bore wash dumping fuel into the oil if its too rich, and if its too lean you risk high temperatures.
welshpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2019, 09:10 AM   #3
woes
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
OK, Thanks. I am not going to take any risk. Install the old OEM inlet first, let it run, change oil and then install the TB's.
woes is offline   Reply With Quote