home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > TUNING, MODIFICATIONS & UPGRADES > Suspension, Handling & Brakes

Suspension, Handling & Brakes Suspension set ups, uprated brakes

Old 23-04-2017, 10:44 AM   #1
DimmaTurbo
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
Cool Satchell Suspension

Ok, so the time has come to consider a satchell setup on the rear to start with and maybe front after. Currently running a Saxo cup rear beam with 25mm torsion bars and a large ARB. Also have a 1.5 degree camber kit fitted.
Would this be a good investment?
DimmaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2017, 12:22 PM   #2
welshpug
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
YES.

To add, I'd consider the front to be more a priority than the rear, get the front to go where it should and the rear will follow, the front end kit does a lot more than correct geometry and bump steer, it strengthens the whole lot up, bigger wheel bearings stronger pickup points bigger CV joints.

Last edited by welshpug; 23-04-2017 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
welshpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2017, 12:34 PM   #3
DimmaTurbo
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshpug View Post
YES.

To add, I'd consider the front to be more a priority than the rear, get the front to go where it should and the rear will follow, the front end kit does a lot more than correct geometry and bump steer, it strengthens the whole lot up, bigger wheel bearings stronger pickup points bigger CV joints.
I feel you, i have the front reasonably well set up atm, braced top and bottom (Satchell) Leda adjustable coilovers, 300llb 6" Baker BM adjustable top mounts and the bottom arms are uprated Spoox units iirc.

Already running bigger bearings, satchell shafts and fully spherical jointed steering arms. Have had a look at how much of a budget i have and its circa 6k so i might end up doing both, maxi stylee.
DimmaTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote