home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > GENERAL TOPICS > 106 Rallye Chat & Topics

106 Rallye Chat & Topics Specific Rallye related chat and discussions only please!

Old 05-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #1
Reynolds
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
Smile The Ugly Duckling

Hi (Not sure if this is the right place for a progress thread, please feel free to move it if I’m in the wrong place!)

Thought I would do a little write up of my new project. Owned a couple of Rallyes about 5 years back, both indigos, one 8v and the other 16v and both pretty modified examples. Since I’ve owned a load of different cars e30 BMWs, Mazda Eunos, Megane R26, Mini GP1, TVR engine’d defender 90, and finally a Datsun 260z. I literally can’t believe how much I still wanted to drive a Rallye. I’m living up in London now and pretty tired of speedbumps, not being able to use long gear ratios and burning shit loads of £ on fuel, tax and insurance for cars that are wasted in the space.

Sold the Datsun on Friday and I already had my eye on a few examples, I wanted a clean unmolested 8v Bianca job, and that’s nothing like what I bought. Some of you may have seen it on eBay, I’ve some glorious pictures below. Car has only done 58k in its life and Steve the man I bought it from bought it from Peugeot in 1998 when he was 37. I even have a picture of him picking the car up at the dealership 3 miles from his house in 1998.

He’s included a really really really extensive list of all the servicing, work done, along with all the original receipts of purchase, handbooks, warranties and extended warranties, the business card of the Peugeot salesman that sold it, and the original 106 Rallye brochure. The car isn’t quite to my taste. Before I met Steve I thought the car looked stupid, laughable even, and I’m sure many of you will think the same. But if you had met Steve and his wife, and seen the enthusiasm and care with which he had obviously cherished the little car, you’d agree he had a cool connection with the car. Obviously he was very sad to see it leave his little garage after 17 years.

Enough soppy bits! My plans for the car are to return it completely to standard, every sticker, tyre, brake pad, disc, spring and matt in place. You’re welcome. Definitely going to need some help from you guys along the way, one of the best and most knowledgeable forums I’ve ever been a part of (Have paid my membership, just waiting for it to come through!). Please feel free to offer any advice, at any time, it’s much appreciated.

Here’s what we’re working with:

58k miles (FSH)
Airbag wheel
Power steering
GTI spoiler requested from new, might keep it for this reason.
Everything works (!?)

Spares:
Spare set steels in original Pirelli rubber
Original headlights
Original Brake discs + pads
Original Exhaust (bits)
Original suspension (bits)

Mods:
(PM for prices if you want anything, all in great condition – I will put it all in a thread soon)
Ecosse front splitter
Ecosse Rear spoiler
Ecosse Morrettes
‘Bonnet bulge’ AKA The Hernia
Speedline Course wheels in Eagle F1s
EBC discs and pads
Bilstein shocks
Eibach springs 30mm
Upper strut brace
Magnex exhaust
K&N 57i induction kit

Few bits of advice I wanted also:

Is this the original exhaust? Do I need anything else? It looks quite short, and I know that the Magnex is fitted with a new Cat, could this be used?

Also, this is what I have in the way of original suspension. Is this all I need? I noticed that the shocks don’t rebound when compressed, for want of a better word, are the F***ked? Also, I know the rear beams can be problematic – is it worth me rebuilding?

As fun as the drive back was, I cant actually drive it around until a few of the aesthetics has been fixed. New bonnet on the way this week then its going in for paint / spoiler removal on Front bumper and boot. After that I will book it into KrisB for the suspension. Haven’t got any pics of the interior but it’s completely mint, no rattles, original radio! Very pleased.

Sorry for the really long post, I’m sure no one will read it or reply for now but it’s nice to have a reference for work done with pics Wish me luck.

Charlie

Last edited by Reynolds; 24-10-2015 at 11:51 PM.
Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:43 PM   #2
Spanker

User Gallery
Wow what a great thread, i look forward to seeing the transformation, keep posting photos!

I just replaced my standard exhaust system as most of it rusted away, see my restoration thread. I did install a standard CAT and what you have posted does not look standard, except the rear box, which does look standard.

Good luck!

Photo below of my CAT, was about £80 if i recall correctly, is the circular box in silver after the manifold pipes.
I was going to replace it with a high flo CAT, but the owner at Maniflow said the standard one had a pretty good flow rate already, so not worth the upgrade.

Spanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:53 PM   #3
chatie1975

User Gallery
Good project, I had considered this myself until I found the 33k S2 I have just purchased.
Should make an interesting read and will make a great car when back to stanadard
chatie1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #4
Reynolds

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanker View Post
Wow what a great thread, i look forward to seeing the transformation, keep posting photos!

I just replaced my standard exhaust system as most of it rusted away, see my restoration thread. I did install a standard CAT and what you have posted does not look standard, except the rear box, which does look standard.

Good luck!

Photo below of my CAT, was about £80 if i recall correctly, is the circular box in silver after the manifold pipes.
I was going to replace it with a high flo CAT, but the owner at Maniflow said the standard one had a pretty good flow rate already, so not worth the upgrade.
That's really helpful, thanks. I think the new cat which is on the car currently might fit with these two to make the full exhaust although Im not sure.

If anyone has a picture of what a standard should look like I would appreciate a look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatie1975 View Post
Good project, I had considered this myself until I found the 33k S2 I have just purchased.
Should make an interesting read and will make a great car when back to stanadard
Cheers mate. 33k one did look lovely also, £5k really shows how much the value of these is going up!
Old 05-10-2015, 08:50 PM   #5
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
This is what my standard one looks like. 79cm length, has a kink to work its way around the ARB at the front. Fit perfectly on my standard system.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:05 PM   #6
Reynolds

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
This is what my standard one looks like. 79cm length, has a kink to work its way around the ARB at the front. Fit perfectly on my standard system.
Awesome Harv, do you know if that piece you have there, combined with the two bits of exhaust i have pictured above on the floor, would make up a standard Rallye exhaust?
Old 05-10-2015, 10:30 PM   #7
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
Yep, those bits above look just like the OE bits I had, so if not genuine they're close! That should be just about everything you need.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:25 AM   #8
infamous aidy
EXPIRED MEMBER :(

User Gallery
when i saw this for sale i was sad, it's good to see its getting dechavved!

good luck with the progress. i'm sure someone with less gcse's than a ferret would love to buy the bonnet off you
Old 06-10-2015, 08:39 AM   #9
matt_w

User Gallery
Looks a tidy car, even if the aesthetic mods are an acquired taste! That's quite an eclectic mix of cars you've had, what did you think of the 260z? I'm a big fan of the S30 and would love to add one to the fleet one day
matt_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:24 PM   #10
Reynolds

User Gallery
Quote:
Yep, those bits above look just like the OE bits I had, so if not genuine they're close! That should be just about everything you need.
Ah that's good news. I think ill get some new hangers and clamps together and give everything a bit of a clean up for a trial fit on the floor this weekend. I'm pretty certain the cat i have fitted matches the one you have posted, as it was bought to replace this, and looks pretty similar:

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous aidy View Post
when i saw this for sale i was sad, it's good to see its getting dechavved!

good luck with the progress. i'm sure someone with less gcse's than a ferret would love to buy the bonnet off you
Hahaha thats was the gamble i took when buying the car. I'm sure ill find a buyer on 106 owners or something.

If you want to keep it stealthy mate, PM me any parts you want and ill have them shipped over quickly and anonymously, no one need know Aidy! Seriously though you know you want the ECOSSE MUSKETEER LOWER SPOILER.

What are the chance of matching the new paint that's going on? as I'm going to spray the new bonnet, front bumper and rear hatch, don't want mismatched panels! Any ideas? I'm hoping the car has been well looked after + stored so the paint wont actually have gone too milky tbh... it looks pretty .... well ... white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_w View Post
Looks a tidy car, even if the aesthetic mods are an acquired taste! That's quite an eclectic mix of cars you've had, what did you think of the 260z? I'm a big fan of the S30 and would love to add one to the fleet one day
The 260Z was absolutely awesome, complete head turner.

Had a really thorough engine build with high lift cams, high comp pistons, triple weber 45s, lightened flywheel and lots of other tasty bits. Somewhere in the region of 200-215 WHP. It was a really engaging car to drive and had been well looked after through its life, unfortunately these cars are a different kind of old, they are well built but they fall apart on a daily basis if used anything more than weekends.

If I owned the 260 as a 2nd / weekend car I would have kept it, and it would be perfect. I don’t drive to work, but with things going wrong I felt it was a bit of a liability to own as my only car and that owning it for too long wouldn’t be right for the car either. Plus if there had been requirement for something a little more complicated like a head gasket or a rebuild, it would be very very hard to find someone to do a great job, not many people will work on them.

All of the above is outweighed by ‘cool’ factor, if driven as a second car with some space to work on. If I were thinking of buying on in the future (I will buy one again), I would find the cheapest rust / rot free body for the best price and build up engine / gearbox / suspension / brakes myself, and as nice as it would be to have an original vehicle, I would complete as many of the popular 200sx modernisation mods as I could. Finding parts for these can be tricky.

Charlie
Old 06-10-2015, 01:31 PM   #11
matt_w

User Gallery
Oh wow, that's pretty much perfect! One day...

Back on topic though, is that cat not missing a flange on one end to mate up to the center silencer?
Old 06-10-2015, 02:02 PM   #12
Reynolds

User Gallery
Quote:
Oh wow, that's pretty much perfect! One day...

Back on topic though, is that cat not missing a flange on one end to mate up to the center silencer?
Yeah the flange is broken. Don't worry though this is the original cat which failed emissions. Steve (previous owner) bought a new one which is currently fitted along with the Magnex back box. It all makes sense to me now.

Not sure why he kept it in his garage for 8 years, or why he gave it to me tbh, another mystery. I pretty sure you can get a reasonable amount of money (Considering it's a broken exhaust component) for dead cats as people extract the platinum from them, correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the biggest challenge will be finding the original airbox components, without getting raped for new Peugeot parts....

Bought a few bits i found cheap on the internet last night:

Plastic door handles
Replacement boot lion badge
New wipers F + R
Good condition ECU cover

Aiming to get it into the body shop this weekend, if anyone has any advice or experience on paint codes, matching / blending options that would be really helpful.

Looking to paint the new bonnet, front bumper and boot lid.

Last edited by Reynolds; 06-10-2015 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-10-2015, 04:40 PM   #13
infamous aidy

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynolds View Post

Hahaha thats was the gamble i took when buying the car. I'm sure ill find a buyer on 106 owners or something.

If you want to keep it stealthy mate, PM me any parts you want and ill have them shipped over quickly and anonymously, no one need know Aidy! Seriously though you know you want the ECOSSE MUSKETEER LOWER SPOILER.

What are the chance of matching the new paint that's going on? as I'm going to spray the new bonnet, front bumper and rear hatch, don't want mismatched panels! Any ideas? I'm hoping the car has been well looked after + stored so the paint wont actually have gone too milky tbh... it looks pretty .... well ... white.

Charlie

FIRSTLY, HELL NO! Their awful.

the bonnet vent however lol

matching the pain shouldnt be toooo much of a problem, are you doing it yourself or getting it done?

if your getting it done it might be worth having them blend it.

i dont think there are many variations on bianca white. quiksilver silver has 14 variations depending on year, manufacturer and stuff like that.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:29 AM   #14
leeds_182

User Gallery
I'm nursing a semi looking at that Datsun.
leeds_182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:18 AM   #15
Reynolds

User Gallery

Old 09-10-2015, 02:37 PM   #16
matt_w

User Gallery
Phwoar
Old 09-10-2015, 03:24 PM   #17
Reynolds

User Gallery
Struck gold with my director at work, was chatting to him about the Rallye and he mentioned his brother owns a custom body shop in Essex and also raced a tidy Saxo he built from ground up in stock hatch, pics in link below:

Saxo:

http://www.750mc.co.uk/classifieds,s...-saxo_5222.htm

Body shop:

http://www.bespokeautostyling.com/gallery.html

On his list will be:

Spray and fit new bonnet
Spray front bumper
Weld / fill and spray boot lid
Blend all panels
Refurbish Steels
Re-fit OEM suspension and raise torsion bar
Re-fit exhaust

Booked the car in for this weekend and he’s going to do all the work, glad to have someone who appreciates the car do the work.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:47 PM   #18
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
Great find! Sounds like it'll be well on its way to being a lovely-looking machine again.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:55 AM   #19
hazlo
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
Pmd you about some parts mate
hazlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 11:49 AM   #20
Reynolds

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazlo View Post
Pmd you about some parts mate
Hi mate, sorry not used to using this forum so i think i must ave ignored by accident. Will be chatting to my guy at the bodyshop today to see what kind of timings i can expect to have the car back within, don't want to start promising bits to people when i cant get pics of the parts over to them for 2-3 weeks etc. I'll let you know via PM.
Old 13-10-2015, 10:20 PM   #21
hazlo
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
ok nice one thank you!
hazlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2015, 10:38 PM   #22
Reynolds

User Gallery
Car is currently sat in pieces awaiting paint in Essex, should be able to pick it up next weekend.

Gone for a replacement new boot and new bonnet as it was going to be less work than fixing the originals - plus I'd rather not have any filler on the car if possible! Front bumper getting fresh paint also so the car will look awesome.

Good news is there is no rust behind any of the bits that have come off so far, guy working on it said he would go as far as saying it was rust free! I'm not surprised with the low mileage and the fact it was a garage stored 2nd car its whole life, great find. Probably going to get underneath and give it a good underseal etc as a bit of a priority.

Anyone interested in bits for sale will have to wait until they are put up for sale, i need to get them off, take photos and work out how much i think they are worth so please send a PM and wait for a reply (1-2 weeks) if you are interested, I have noted people that have already approached me.

No exciting pictures to be honest, just one i have of it looking pretty bare:

Asides from that a huge pile of fun bits have been slowly arriving as and when i find something cheap / good condition enough to go on the car. Also got a new set of the original P6000 tyres to go on the freshly powdercoated steels this week. Few bits like mirrors / wheel centre caps / new black wheel bolts / new mani heat shield / battery cover fresh number plates still to buy.

ECU cover, new boot badge, black door handles and a black cold air feed to replace the tatty black one until i source an original air-box setup (PM if you have one!).

You'll notice some non original items in there too, namely the aero wipers, smooth rear wiper arm and the OMP WRC. As much as i like the car being completely standard little things like this are ACTUAL bolt on 5 minute jobs and make me happy, really hate that airbag steering wheel too.

I'm going to get a horn button made up for the centre of the OMP wheel to make it feel a little more part of the car, plus i don't like the yellow logo. Probably going to look something like the one below, not sure who can do that for me yet but should look neat. Anyone know if the airbag light will come on when I remove the wheel and what i can do to turn it off?

Other fun bits are obviously decals, and new floor mats including boot, should all come together really nicely!

Old 27-10-2015, 02:27 PM   #23
Wayne D
IRISH REGIONAL LEADER

User Gallery
Great to see the car being so well looked after and sounds like you have landed on a great example. Looking forward to more updates.
Old 27-10-2015, 06:00 PM   #24
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
Looking great, I spy a bit of rust on that bumper mount though!

Where'd the mats come from? eBay presumably?
Old 27-10-2015, 07:47 PM   #25
Reynolds

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne D View Post
Great to see the car being so well looked after and sounds like you have landed on a great example. Looking forward to more updates.
Cheers mate!

Quote:
Looking great, I spy a bit of rust on that bumper mount though!

Where'd the mats come from? eBay presumably?
Ha! It's very rude to inspect another Rallye owner's brackets!

Front bumper mounts one exhaust mount and a corner of the boot lid were the only 'orangey bits', they're sorted now + got a new boot lid.

Mats were from HERE, they do one without boot for 30 quid, mine were 50. They also do them with the S1 Rallye logo. They look really good, will post some pictures once they're in the car.
Old 28-10-2015, 10:23 AM   #26
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
My brackets have all dissolved, yours looks a peach by comparison!

I have some of those mats from my old Rallye, but they're looking a bit tatty now, I like that boot mat too. Thanks
Old 28-10-2015, 02:47 PM   #27
Reynolds

User Gallery
Quote:
My brackets have all dissolved, yours looks a peach by comparison!

I have some of those mats from my old Rallye, but they're looking a bit tatty now, I like that boot mat too. Thanks
Boot mat was the selling point for me too! Tidies things up a little.
Old 14-11-2015, 12:33 AM   #28
Reynolds

User Gallery
Quick update!

Car isn't back yet as the rear beam was seized and is being rebuilt.

New bonnet + paint
New boot + paint
Bumper paint
Wheels painted
Tyres on
OEM shocks on
OEM springs on

Paint match was really good so no need to blend anything - Jason's given the whole car a paint correction and machine Polish and the paint looks incredible, really deep shine I've never seen on a white car before.

Getting it back this week, seal and wax before getting it home for a day of fitting and tweaking with decals etc...

Really excited to pick it up.

Last edited by Reynolds; 14-11-2015 at 02:30 AM.
Old 14-11-2015, 10:54 AM   #29
Dieseldave

User Gallery
Looks perfect already. Well done.
Dieseldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2015, 04:29 PM   #30
chatie1975

User Gallery
Looks vey nice, new set of stickers will finish it off nicely, looks like there will be a couple of nice low mileage bianca S2's around next year!
chatie1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2015, 10:57 PM   #31
Reynolds

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldave View Post
Looks perfect already. Well done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatie1975 View Post
Looks vey nice, new set of stickers will finish it off nicely, looks like there will be a couple of nice low mileage bianca S2's around next year!
Thanks guys, taking a while but will be worth the wait when I get it back!

Hopefully picking it up tomorrow evening so should be able to get an update of all the other fun bits going on next weekend. Can't wait to have it all sorted and head out onto the road for some fun.

Anyone who's has experience of fitting an OMP hub; I have a question about the self cancel feature, I read somewhere there is a 'tab' on the bottom of the hub which attaches to the steering wheel but can't see it on mine? Anyone got a pic?

Cheers!
Old 16-11-2015, 01:27 PM   #32
Rado-Steve

User Gallery
Quote:
Thanks guys, taking a while but will be worth the wait when I get it back!

Hopefully picking it up tomorrow evening so should be able to get an update of all the other fun bits going on next weekend. Can't wait to have it all sorted and head out onto the road for some fun.

Anyone who's has experience of fitting an OMP hub; I have a question about the self cancel feature, I read somewhere there is a 'tab' on the bottom of the hub which attaches to the steering wheel but can't see it on mine? Anyone got a pic?

Cheers!
The "Tab" is for the self cancelling on the indicators .

Just make sure the part that say "top" is upper most, then attach your wheel, go for a brief drive down a straight piece of road, check wheel straightness & adjust on the splines as neccessary.

re-tighten everything,

Job Done

Blue Graphite MK5 Jetta 2.0 TDi Sport - The New Daily Bus!
Rado-Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 01:38 PM   #33
Reynolds

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rado-Steve View Post
The "Tab" is for the self cancelling on the indicators .

Just make sure the part that say "top" is upper most, then attach your wheel, go for a brief drive down a straight piece of road, check wheel straightness & adjust on the splines as neccessary.

re-tighten everything,

Job Done
Ok thanks!

Hmmmmm, Self cancel was part of the reason I bought the OMP parts as I read that it had one, is this he tab you can see on the bottom of this boss in this picture?

I don't have that bit on mine - might need to return it and source another in that case...
Old 16-11-2015, 02:18 PM   #34
Dieseldave

User Gallery
Yes that's the bit.
Dieseldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2015, 11:13 PM   #35
Reynolds

User Gallery
I've got him!

Just thought I'd post a quick picture, Jason's work is absolutely faultless. All the panels match perfectly and he's given the entire car a paint correction!

The car is so bloody white, pictures don't even do it justice. Need to get it home for a big seal and wax session to keep it that way. Drives beautifully on all the new suspension etc too - it's like a new car!

Well happy.

Old 17-11-2015, 10:35 AM   #36
Rado-Steve

User Gallery
#needslowering

Old 17-11-2015, 11:19 AM   #37
Reynolds

User Gallery
Quote:
#needslowering

Haha! You. Cheeky. Bastard.

I was expecting to be disappointed when I saw it at standard height, having been into lowered VWs - But when I saw it the OEM-ness was overwhelming and I submitted to its power!

It's like a rollerskate on the OEM shocks, flicked it into a fair few roundabouts in the rain on the way home - who says you need RWD to have fun?
Old 17-11-2015, 11:55 AM   #38
Rado-Steve

User Gallery
Ha Ha...

just needs the gap out of the arches really, you can see in my avatar pic how low mine was when I bought it, looked class but was awful to drive and caught on the rear everywhere & was basically undriveable with 2 people in it.

Raised it up so i can just get a finger between the tyre and arch & it looks good and drives even better

Old 17-11-2015, 01:37 PM   #39
Wayne D
IRISH REGIONAL LEADER

User Gallery
Coming together nicely mate.
Once you get the steelies centre caps on and new decals it will look awesome. Good work.
Old 18-11-2015, 07:39 PM   #40
Soupie69uk

User Gallery
Looks fantastic.

A 30mm drop would be perfect but see the attraction of it being standard after how it was when you got it.
Soupie69uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2015, 07:38 AM   #41
matt_w

User Gallery
If you keep the standard springs then it's not hard to revert back to standard height. That said, mine's still on the standard tractor spec springs and I like the way it handles so I'm not going to mess with it.

This is going to be so good though, just needs the decals!
Old 23-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #42
Reynolds

User Gallery
Quote:
Ha Ha...

just needs the gap out of the arches really, you can see in my avatar pic how low mine was when I bought it, looked class but was awful to drive and caught on the rear everywhere & was basically undriveable with 2 people in it.

Raised it up so i can just get a finger between the tyre and arch & it looks good and drives even better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne D View Post
Coming together nicely mate.
Once you get the steelies centre caps on and new decals it will look awesome. Good work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupie69uk View Post
Looks fantastic.

A 30mm drop would be perfect but see the attraction of it being standard after how it was when you got it.
Quote:
If you keep the standard springs then it's not hard to revert back to standard height. That said, mine's still on the standard tractor spec springs and I like the way it handles so I'm not going to mess with it.

This is going to be so good though, just needs the decals!
Sorry for slow response had to wait to get my membership activated!

Cheers guys, I think the car would look spot on at -30mm but I've been dying for a standard one for ages!

I've had a few good drives on the 'tractor spec' springs now and, although I can tell the difference between them and previous billy/eibach setup, I really just like the way the car handles as stock. I've got a lot of speed bumps where I live, so enjoying those on the new ride height at the moment. It's the perfect car for whizzing about in London traffic.

Haven't had the chance to get the decals on yet, I want to wait till I have access to the underground parking garage in my new apartment next weekend because it was so cold this weekend I thought it best an inside job so will do decals and centre caps then.

Did have chance to have a muck around yesterday. Washed the car down with some G101 to strip anything that may still be on the paint. Then as its already had a paint correction I went straight for a couple layers of wax to protect it. Sealed the wheels too. Chucked a few of my new bits on, aero wipers and smooth rear wiper arm clean the car up a lot IMO, fitted a new boot badge and got the new mats in. The boot mat looks really smart!

Pics aren't very good - when I'm moved into my new place and have decals / centre caps / plastic door handles + mirrors on I will get some PROPA ones.

Also: Anyone know where I can quench my thirst for yellow headlight bulbs? Cheers!
Old 24-11-2015, 06:37 PM   #43
westwell_22

User Gallery
Quote:
Also: Anyone know where I can quench my thirst for yellow headlight bulbs? Cheers!
I had these for mine, they just clip on top of your original bulbs. Had to take them out before MOT though, as the guy said they wouldn't pass.
westwell_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2015, 11:07 AM   #44
Gareth Y

User Gallery
Great work......keep it up. Car looks amazing.

Glad you had the vision and took my advice. Car is probably one of the best s2's around.

Make a good magazine feature with my standard s1 in the future!!

An investment that has already gone up in value.

Bianca White S1 Rallye
Standard & Original

Rallye Register Member Karting Champion O4
Gareth Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2016, 09:56 PM   #45
Reynolds

User Gallery
Sorry for no update! Ski season means im living like a bum sneaking off to the snow whenever i can!

Car is currently wearing a beautiful set of fresh decals, new wiper blades all round , an OMP WRC leather wheel and snow tyres! Just got back from a 1200 mile round trip to the alps without fault which was great. Im going to give it a service this weekend and hope to get some proper pictures up of it looking lovely and stock in the next week or so!

Also documenting all the service history into a nice ruled a5 exercise book to keep it all nice and neat.

Still on the hunt for:
S2 Rallye Air filter box (found the piping)
S2 Rallye non-airbag steering wheel

Last edited by Reynolds; 26-01-2016 at 10:00 PM.
Old 26-01-2016, 10:11 PM   #46
Martijn M
WHOOPS! MEMBERSHIP JUST EXPIRED

User Gallery Car Blog
I have an airfilter box. You can have it for free, just shipping.
Martijn M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2016, 11:34 PM   #47
Reynolds

User Gallery
My hero!

Will send you a PM now. This is the last piece I need to get it all back to factory, other thing is just the steering wheel but that's a preference.
Old 27-01-2016, 08:35 AM   #48
infamous aidy

User Gallery
looking good! i didnt realize this was the same car when we were talking on facebook.

i'm trying to decide when to take mine out to the alps this year. due to lack of aircon i think either early summer season or late summer season.

i'd like places to be open, but i dont really want to be dripping with sweat lol
Old 27-01-2016, 11:10 AM   #49
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
Hardly recognise it from the first horror show:

Great stuff. How did you get on in the snow? Get some winter/snow tyres in the end?
Old 27-01-2016, 04:04 PM   #50
Reynolds

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamous aidy View Post
looking good! i didnt realize this was the same car when we were talking on facebook.

i'm trying to decide when to take mine out to the alps this year. due to lack of aircon i think either early summer season or late summer season.

i'd like places to be open, but i don't really want to be dripping with sweat lol
Quote:
Hardly recognise it from the first horror show:

Great stuff. How did you get on in the snow? Get some winter/snow tyres in the end?
Cheers guys! Yeah the car was always intended to be USED
I'm taking it back to Val Thorens first bank holiday weekend in May for the end of season parties!

Quite a cool time to go with sun + snow + low enough temps for no AC! Another weekend adventure for me. If you're thinking of going out my mate has an apartment in Val Thorens which he rents out during the winter, I could get people a VERY cheap deal if they fancied a week away. Comfy apartment, sleeps 7-8. Go to: www.myskiplacevt.com

Yes Harv got some snow tyres on for the drive, was awesome! I recon i could have just about survived without, BUT i think it was a great idea.

Instead of feeling apprehensive about whether we were going to get up the mountain when we started climbing, i went into full group B mode.

Looks a bit cleaner in this pic:

Still got to do:
Plastic mirror covers
Plastic door handles
Wheel centers

Looking for:
Plastic battery cover (Can swap for mint Bianca painted one!)
Air Filter box (May have this now)
Non Airbag steering wheel