home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > TUNING, MODIFICATIONS & UPGRADES > Engine, Exhaust & Gearbox

Engine, Exhaust & Gearbox ECU chips, decats, cam kits,

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-08-2017, 08:40 AM   #1
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Staffordshire
Posts: 100
User Gallery
Two types of rad

I need to get a rad for my Rallye (16v) but neither the shell or the engine came with one so I have no reference. There's two on 106 parts, metal push and turn cap, or a plastic screw top.

Is there any difference between these? Or is it just the cap? Hope I haven't bought the wrong one

If it's any use I'm told the engine came out of a 2000 gti.
reggaej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2017, 09:53 AM   #2

welshpug's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: cwmcarn
Posts: 4,922
User Gallery
doesn't matter, just get a new cap, inlet and outlets are both 32mm and at the same angle, both have the same M22 thermoswitch hole.

personally I'd use Nissens 61347, its 10mm thicker core than the 16v rads, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissens-Ra...-/372012442139
welshpug is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.