home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > RALLYE REGISTER REGIONAL GROUPS > London & South East > South East Members Cars

Old 06-05-2015, 07:13 PM   #1
Spanker
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
Is there anybody out there.....

Hi,

I see this is the more active forum for London and the south east, do we ever meet up or is anyone up for meeting up sometime later in the month for burn and a chat?

Spencer
Spanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:15 PM   #2
Spanker

User Gallery
I'll take that as a no then!
Old 08-05-2015, 09:39 PM   #3
homologeo

User Gallery
I am new here, but would be interested in meeting up with other owners.
homologeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:45 AM   #4
Spanker

User Gallery
Cool, where are you based?

I am in Dulwich, south east London.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:07 AM   #5
homologeo

User Gallery
I am based in Tonbridge, Kent.

What kind of Rallye have you got?
Old 12-05-2015, 11:59 AM   #6
Spanker

User Gallery
I am restoring my old blue S2, it has been laid up in my garage for 6 years under covers, bought it back in 2001!

Just finished the mechanical mods as per below, and she is road worthy now, next step is to visit the body shop and get her back to her former glory, need a new wing, bonnet and a respray of the front half plus a few other bits and pieces. Will keeping her standard on the outside. Last thing to do is an ECU remap later in the year at Track and Road...

Mods: Maniflow 4 port performance road manifold and exhaust, Pipercross Viper cold air induction, EBC discs and Green Stuff pads, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Bilstein B6 dampers, Nissens aluminium core radiator and Lumenition Silicone Blue Ignition Leads.

I have been taking her out for runs on the back roads between Otford and Keston recently, some great but tight roads roads there..

What do you have yourself?

Spencer
Old 12-05-2015, 04:12 PM   #7
homologeo

User Gallery
I think I know the roads you mean, things can get a bit skinny round there!

There are lot of interesting roads in Kent/Sussex, but it almost always depends on the time of day. For local stuff, the roads from Westerham to Edenbridge are quite nice. However, when time allows I always seem to find myself heading down to Camber or Beachy Head.

I picked up an original Bianca White S1 a few weeks ago. It was in need of some TLC, but I think itís a good candidate for a sympathetic restoration Ė owned by the same family since new, a genuine 88K miles and a full Peugeot history.

Iíve spent a lot of money addressing any mechanical issues and itís now had a complete service, cylinder head overhaul, new timing belt and water pump, new clutch, new radiator, new engine mount, various seals and gaskets etc. Also had the original wheels refurbished and new tyres put on today.

The next jobs are a good clean/polish, fit new decals and then address some bodywork issues. I will probably keep it original, but the lure of pugsport, bodies, lairy cam and remap is strong.

I have a little one on the way, so things are pretty hectic at the moment. However, would be good to meet up at some point?
Old 13-05-2015, 09:09 AM   #8
Spanker

User Gallery
Sounds like a great and similar restoration!

Think I know the Westerham to Edenbridge roads you are referring to, nice right to left as you start to go downhill from Westerham.

I found the Keston - Otford roads using TomTom, it has a routing type called "Winding Road" on it, which was originally designed for motorcyclists i believe who didn't care how long it takes to get somewhere, and it takes you down some some very, very quiet back roads.

Normally go out for a spin on a Sunday evening, around 7pm for a couple of hours around that way, let us know what works for you.. I can probably do other days and times if needed...

I am getting some repro decals for my S2 this week, will let you know the the quality, got them from www.redheads.co,uk, which was a recommendation on this forum, £56 for a full set...

Good luck with the little one, I had a son 3.5 years ago, you will love it!
Old 24-05-2015, 03:24 PM   #9
Spanker

User Gallery
I did the Westerham to Edenbridge road then left at Hartfield onto the B110 last week, wow that is some road if you get a clear run! Thanks for that tip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by homologeo View Post

There are lot of interesting roads in Kent/Sussex, but it almost always depends on the time of day. For local stuff, the roads from Westerham to Edenbridge are quite nice. However, when time allows I always seem to find myself heading down to Camber or Beachy Head.

I have a little one on the way, so things are pretty hectic at the moment. However, would be good to meet up at some point?