home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > RALLYE PERFORMANCE, STATS & RACING > Track Days

Track Days Track day info, pics and chat

Old 02-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Opentrack-dave
TRADER

User Gallery
Snetterton 300 26th feb 124 OPL

http://www.opentrack.co.uk will be running on the Snetterton 300 track which is 3 miles long.
Snetterton is now the second longest track in the country. The circuit is now extended to include a extra one-mile section. This was completed before the start of the 2011 season. The improved circuit called Snetterton 300 is part of a 20m worth of investment proposed for the south Norfolk site. With a total of 13 corners on the new circuit it is fast becoming one of the must do circuits in the Uk.

Old classics like The Bomb Hole remain unchanged however there is now a larger run off area on the outside of the bend. The first corner which is Super fast Riches also remains unchanged and it helps to keep some of the much loved history of this circuit alive.

Lying just of the A11 Snetterton is easy to get to from the south and also the midlands with good access via the A14 and also the M11.

Included in the cost of the day.

Free Tuition ( first come first served )
Free Garage
Free Photography
Free Snacks & Drinks

February 26th Sunday ( full day )

Car & Driver 124.00
Extra Driver 30.00
Passenger 10.00

If you have any questions feel free to ask
thanks
Dave
http://opentrack.co.uk/category/8641...00-events.aspx
for details.
Opentrack-dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
Clive
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
can't recommend Opentrack highly enough - best value. well organised trackdays there is
Clive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
BazGTMi
FREELOADER! 85+ posts still not joined :-(

User Gallery
I disagree, charging 30 for an extra driver doesn't equal value to me. One car = one driver on track at a time.
BazGTMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
Opentrack-dave
TRADER

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazGTMi View Post
I disagree, charging 30 for an extra driver doesn't equal value to me. One car = one driver on track at a time.
However that one car will be on track twice as much if there are two drivers, meaning a extra car space that wont be sold.
Also if you add in the free tuition worth 30, free garage 30 and Free Photography again about 30 ( the figures vary from company to company ) it saves you quiet a bit. Also there are free drinks all day along with snacks so you don't even have to buy food.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
BazGTMi

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentrack-dave View Post
However that one car will be on track twice as much if there are two drivers, meaning a extra car space that wont be sold.

Open pit? Not necessarily true, at all! If i was driving my car alone, my car would be out as much as it would if i were double-driving it. One car, one space on track, one lot of insurance... etc

Sorry Dave i don't mean to poo-poo your event/thread and i appreciate a free garage isn't always free and most charge a premium to book them, and that refreshments go some way, but alot of TDO's are starting to offer this anyway, and i'm no bat fastard but (presuming all it would be is) a pack of crisps and a chocolate bar is no proper lunch.

It just riles me that classically nobody charged for extras, now it seems to be a ridiculous fee, i can see a small admin cost perhaps, but 'quite' as much as 30? I could name a few companies that offer it free still, if not ALOT cheaper than that.

Perhaps i should reserve my judgement until i come along and do one of your days, but being frank, i wouldn't because that alone would put me off.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #6
Opentrack-dave
TRADER

User Gallery
Quote:
It just riles me that classically nobody charged for extras, now it seems to be a ridiculous fee, i can see a small admin cost perhaps, but 'quite' as much as 30? I could name a few companies that offer it free still, if not ALOT cheaper than that.
No worry each to there own, all i am saying is that i have a day at Snetterton it is a Sunday and it is 124 for a car and driver. As far as i can find on the web that is a good price, and if you have some tuition and a garage and then also add the photography as well it is a very good price,extra driver or no extra driver.
If you can find a day on a weekend in Feb at Snetterton that is as you say A LOT cheaper i would be grateful if you could let me know who it is run buy.
Thanks
Dave
Old 03-02-2012, 11:51 PM   #7
BazGTMi

User Gallery
I didn't mention the general price, if you're going to reply, remain relevant. I care not about a garage, refreshments and photography in this case, but i can appreciate how you can offset that, if one was interested in all of that, and claim it's a good deal.

The general price is actually good/competitive. My gripe is mainly with the 2nd driver charge, which most are doing alot cheaper, even 20's alot cheaper than 30, it's all relative.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #8
Opentrack-dave
TRADER

User Gallery
Quote:
I didn't mention the general price, if you're going to reply, remain relevant. I care not about a garage, refreshments and photography in this case, but i can appreciate how you can offset that, if one was interested in all of that, and claim it's a good deal.

The general price is actually good/competitive. My gripe is mainly with the 2nd driver charge, which most are doing alot cheaper, even 20's alot cheaper than 30, it's all relative.
Well as you say it is all relative.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #9
indigorallye
Mod & Rallye Racer

User Gallery Car Blog
I thought most places charged for extra drivers, passengers and garages.
- Winner of Dave Simpson Memorial Trophy

- Britcar 24hour 2015, 2nd in class, 14th O/A
- Seat Supercopa
indigorallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
Sounds very reasonable to me.
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #11
Opentrack-dave
TRADER

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Sounds very reasonable to me.
Yep should be a good day. Fingers crossed for a dry one.
Old 23-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #12
Opentrack-dave
TRADER

User Gallery
Just a quick up date :
this day sold out a week ago however there is a waiting list however it has 18 names down .

many thanks if anyone from here has booked on, i will post up some pics and video after the day.

Thanks again
Dave
Old 02-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #13
Opentrack-dave
TRADER

User Gallery
Just a quick one about the day.

Weather was great dry all day, when the track was running we has no cue at all in the pit lane to get out.

Just before lunch time Mr Johnathan Palmer flew in his helicopter to say hi and chat to a few people on the day. he also wished Opentrack a happy 4th birthday as it was our start up weekend at Snetterton back in2008.

He then took a new Mclaren out for a few laps and it looked and sounded superb.

All in all a great day, free pic's from the day are on the Opentrack flicker site.

Link : http://www.flickr.com/photos/opentra...7629476527143/

Our next date is 13th April at Oulton Park.

Have fun
Dave