home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > GENERAL TOPICS > General Car Chat - Non Rallye Topics

General Car Chat - Non Rallye Topics Anything general car related in here!

Old 29-01-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
scollay
WHOOPS! MEMBERSHIP JUST EXPIRED

User Gallery
GODDAMN 306 RALLYE

last week,while driving through edinburgh city centre,the temp gauge on the 306 shot up and the dash lit up like a christmas tree,so i stuck the hazards on and pulled into the bus lane behind a lorry that was unloading.got out to see the radiator emptying its contentrs all over the road-FU*K!!!!!!!!!!
waited 5 mins for it to cool down,topped it up with water and drove it 30 ft into a side road to get it out of the way.i parked it in a spot where a parking permits required so was expecting a 30 ticket,especially as 2 traffic wardens walked past when i was surveying the damage.
the mobile batteyr had died 5 mins earlier so all i could do was get the bus back to my flat until my flatmate returned home so i could load up with water and radweld to ferry the car back to the flat and figure out what i was going to do.
an hour and a half later i returned to the car-only to find it wasnt there,i SH*T myself!!!!!!!
went back to the flat to get a phone number for the police,who advised me to call the impound-lo and behold,theyd lifted my car after it was there for half an hour-BASTA**S,and that it was going to cost me 135 to get my car back,but i was so relieved it wasnt stolen!
got the car back to the flat and figured the head gasket had gone and was pressurising the coolant,hence why the radiator burst!
so i got the car recovered the 250 miles home and ripped it apart.the heads away getting skimmed,all the bits are ordered and a shiny new nissens alloy rad winging its way home to me.fingers crossed i can get home this weekend to get it going again!

rant over,bit of a story,but i feel im the only person unlucky enough for that to happen to!

bmw 123d m-sport coupe-fast,comfy and cheap to run.....
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
scollay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 05:31 PM   #2
jameshilton
NORTH WEST GROUP LEADER & FORUM MODERATOR

User Gallery
I hope you're not having your avatars luck - remember karma lol

bad luck - at least it wasn't stolen! 30mins is amazing! I'd have left a note on it, and the hazards going or something.
jameshilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
darrenwm
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
Bad luck. I hope it gets fixed and not too great an expense and inconvenience.

If my HG went I'd be stuck for cash and transport.

SOLD
darrenwm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 06:01 PM   #4
scollay

User Gallery
im a huge fan of my name is earl,and i firmly believe in the karma thing!i do nothing but good things!i even give homeless ppl 5 at a time!but everythings ordered,and im hoping to claim back the impound charge and fine.got everything i need coming home,just need the time to do it,bit of trouble when im 250 miles away in edinburgh!bugger!cheers for the kind comments guys!

Old 29-01-2007, 06:04 PM   #5
Gus
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER & SCOTTISH GROUP LEADER

User Gallery Car Blog
At least it was only at the impound, bunch of neeps tho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
My resolution for 2011 is to sort my fucking car
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #6
scollay

User Gallery
i know,thank god,i was almost crying when it wasnt there!but after 30 mins sitting there,cudnt believe it!

Old 29-01-2007, 06:11 PM   #7
SLIK
Uber God & Equaliser

User Gallery
There should be some provision for broken down cars? My sister had a similar thign happen and spoke to the warden who said to put a notice on it and they'd leave it alone until it could be recovered?

Shit luck though.
Old 29-01-2007, 06:42 PM   #8
scollay

User Gallery
tell me bout it!these things happen though,at least the car is in one piece!i feared the worst!just gotta get it fixed now,theres currently 2 non running pugs in my drive and i cant do a thing to either of them!

Old 29-01-2007, 06:43 PM   #9
bammargera
EXPIRED MEMBER :-(

User Gallery
You quite lucky as it was only 135. My old flat mate left his car outside our flat in Edinburgh, got 2 tickets in the space of 1 hour and within 90 mins of the regulations of the parking kicking in, his car was towed. He had to pay the towing fee, plus the two tickets, was over 200 i think.
bammargera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2007, 06:53 PM   #10
scollay

User Gallery
it was 105 towing fee and 30 for the ticket,the ticket price doubles if unpaid after 2 weeks.theyre absolutely unreal down here.my mate parked his car outside the train station after ten at night when we were working,his rear wheel was just touching a double yellow and he got a ticket!couldnt believe it!

Old 29-01-2007, 10:46 PM   #11
kennymac
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
nae luck bud
kennymac is offline   Reply With Quote