home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > GENERAL TOPICS > General Car Chat - Non Rallye Topics

General Car Chat - Non Rallye Topics Anything general car related in here!

Old 05-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
pt82
SOON TO BE FREELOADER - PLEASE JOIN UP NOW!

User Gallery
Broga Racing - Wrexham

Anyone heard of them? Found some old threads on other French sites (106 owners, AX GT owners) highly recommending a guy called Lee Davies who set this company up about 5 years ago but not much since. Cant find a website. They are still trading under L.D Motors - Broga Racing.
It's someone localish and potentially reputable to work on the car in the future is all.
pt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
chrisjp4
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
Nope but there's quite a few company's that way that do engine work, mainly vauxhall's. There's a bloke down there that boars block's out for my mate, i'll find out who it is if you want?

There's a few down there but i wouldn't trust any unless i knew people that had had decent work done there before.

Chris
chrisjp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
pt82

User Gallery
I'm the same buddy, only after reputable people. The "famous"/reputable companies I have found all seem to be miles away. Nice to find someone localish.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
Sadako
WHOOPS! MEMBERSHIP JUST EXPIRED

User Gallery
Lee is a good guy I know him, labour costs are reasonable and work is also very good to. He is currently building a AX Maxi using the satchell wide track parts etc
Old 05-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
chrisjp4

User Gallery
Most people who are good are hard to find as they don't need to advertise! It's a pain, what do you want doing?? There's many people i can point u in the right direction too seeing as your not far from me.

Chris
Old 05-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
pt82

User Gallery
Cheers guys. I would just rather go to someone with a rep for good work, can map cars, build good engine, tried and tested experience with these engines/cars and not the local back street monkey who hits the car with a hammer when plan A fails lol. I am not mechanically minded so taking it to someone like this is comforting. I realise it's not a race car but you know what I mean
Old 05-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
chrisjp4

User Gallery
So you want cam's & a re-map, maybe 150bhp on a 16v 120 with a 8v. Chipwizard's in Manchester are the only one's that can re-map a standard ecu if i remember rightly, but it costs 400 & a DTA S40 is 500. Mapping would still be another 300ish but it'd be worth it.

Depend's what you want, i can't comment on a standard ECU as i've never had 1 re-mapped, it wouldn't hold it's value like a DTA will either.

Sandy & Colin Satchell would be best, they've tried & tested most Peugeot bit's. What car have you got?

Chris
Old 05-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #8
pt82

User Gallery
I have the car below buddy. No major plans at the moment. A remap is one option next year, enjoying it is top of the agenda. And from the short drive I have had it is currently running lovely. Russ the previous owner kindly offered any future advice and this forum is full of knowledge. It's just implementing the advice and plans where I fall short hence asking about Broga Racing. I messaged Sandy about TB's and he mentioned DTA.

http://www.106rallyeforum.com/forum2...ad.php?t=90049
Old 05-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #9
indigorallye
Mod & Rallye Racer

User Gallery Car Blog
Pete Morgan at Balmuir Garage, Gresford will be able to help with RR, or chassis set-up.

Wayne is mobile now, so not based out of Rochdale per se. Has laptop- will travel!
- Winner of Dave Simpson Memorial Trophy

- Britcar 24hour 2015, 2nd in class, 14th O/A
- Seat Supercopa
indigorallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #10
chrisjp4

User Gallery
Look like a nice s1! Sounds quite nice too. There's a rolling road in Queensferry isn't there? Power run would be good to see what your starting with.

If it's a road car & you want a little weapon some GSXR bodies off Colin on a DTA, cams & a quaife diff would see you a little machine. Easy 170bhp with the spec you have already, maybe more depending on cam choice & some porting.

It depends what you want, the only reason i mention all that is because it's the best spec you could get for a cheapish price. A cam & re-map would show 150bhp no doubt and not even cost a grand! You'd soon start thinking about a diff then though.

Chris
Old 06-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #11
pt82

User Gallery
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, much appreciated, some food for thought
Old 26-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #12
Leegt
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
Hi it's me :-). I don't a huge amount of 106 and saxos any more as there is no real profit in it for the work you put in. As Gav said I've got a few builds on the go at the min but I will gladly have a look at your motor if you are around my way.
Leegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #13
pt82

User Gallery
Hi Lee, thanks for posting. Will prob call for a chat early spring when the car comes out of hibernation