home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > GENERAL TOPICS > General Car Chat - Non Rallye Topics

General Car Chat - Non Rallye Topics Anything general car related in here!

Old 08-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #1
gregh55
WHOOPS! MEMBERSHIP JUST EXPIRED

User Gallery
insurance questions, been driven in to

hi all,

last weekend I had my daily nail reversed into and the door is caved in, I wasn't home at the time of it happening but the girl friend of the chap that did the damage came and told my sister (who was home) about what had happened

but the bloke never left any notes of insurance docs or a phone number etc

so all week ive been back and forward trying to get it all sorted out!

IMO the car will be a write off as theyre just not worth a great deal, but a door is pretty cheap and i could fit it myself.. so theres no problems there....

I just called him now after finally getting his number and hes being abit odd saying that 100 is way to much to find a door and get it fitted, i thought it was quite reasonable!

I could go through insurance and get a full pay out and have about 500-600 back

he wont give me his details and is getting aggressive over the phone..

what part of my insurance do I need to give to him to get this all sorted?
gregh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
Do you have his reg? What is his car? Sounds like a bit of a douchebag really.
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
matty_d
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
What a bitch! Well he can either settle outside of insurance (100 being very reasonable) or you can go through insurers but this route will probably cost him more with excesses and premium hikes next year etc... Explain that to him and I'm sure he'll see sense. Also mention you have witnesses
matty_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
monka

User Gallery
you dont need to give him anything really, if he is being a prick about it, hand your insurers, and or the police, his details, will all sort itself out nicely from there. but otherwise if he does play ball all that is needed is insurers name and policy no.
monka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #5
chrisjp4

User Gallery
Sounds like a tit! Phone him back & ask for his insurance details, tell him if he doesn't give them to you it's refusing to comply, which is BAD, especially with leaving the scene of a accident without letting the authorities know!

Get back on the phone & put him straight, if he's a dick get straight on the phone to the police & tell them he's left the scene of a accident & refusing to give insurance details after you've had to track him down anyway! Did your sister see it? If not he's gone & admitted it to her & your car was stationary I take it so it's 100% his fault.

good luck!

Chris
chrisjp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
gregh55
WHOOPS! MEMBERSHIP JUST EXPIRED

User Gallery
didnt get his reg in time, only know its a 56 plate discovery.. the nice tdv6 one and its not been back since, I think he has no insurance, thats why he's refused to give me his info

he then said he wants proof I have insurance? so ive printed 10 copies off to post through his door... childish I know but if it gets the message into his head that im all legal then I dont care

if im honest id rather go through insurance and get more money, it was supposed to go on ebay last week to sell it, ive still got the rallye to use so im not worried

my sister saw him taking pictures of my car but didnt see him do the damage sadly

I got a feeling hes going to try and make it sound like its my fault! but seeing as I wasnt within 80 miles of the car at the time im not sure how he will do that
gregh55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
chrisjp4

User Gallery
It can't be your fault if your car wasn't moving mate. Sounds like he doesn't have insurance, if he doesn't you'll be out of pocket! But if he's driving a nice car he should have insurance!

I'd just phone the police, they'll do the leg work & it's not like he can refuse them as they have his details if he likes it or not! I take it you know his name/address? That's all the police need pal.

But he come to see your sister & told her he'd hit the car?? Just give him one chance to be reasonable then if he's a nob again phone the police, they'll have it sorted asap!
chrisjp4 is offline   Reply With Quote