home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > GENERAL TOPICS > 106 Rallye Chat & Topics

106 Rallye Chat & Topics Specific Rallye related chat and discussions only please!

Old 20-09-2017, 10:04 PM   #1
Duckpond dave
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
Lewis rallye update

Hi chaps
After quite a few trials and tribulations I have finally got the car running as it should on track
After testing at donnington which lasted about 10 mins due to spinning up in all gears anything past 5k rpm . So did the usual tests for diff failure , still couldn't make our minds up so back in workshop gearbox out and discovered crown wheel had no locating lugs/pins locking it on to the body of the quaife atb , next phone call and photos sent off to quaife who where puzzled and very helpful because although the unit was exactly the same one as they produce there was no Id markings on it , so they came to the conclusion it could have been an early one/prototype or an American company where heard to be producing one identical to there's . They modified the unit for me and while we had the box out we sent the ap clutch to ap to get the cover pressure tested and the friction plate redone. The result was ap found out the cover plate tangs where half the pressure they should have been so new cover and friction plate winged it's way back to us all installed and off to Mallory for testing results where no slipping and a 53 second lap happy happy days roll on next season
Duckpond dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 11:48 PM   #2
Cris B
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery Car Blog
Bizarre on the diff and clutch. Lewis did get some sort of bits done for that clutch - I recall the release bearing needing to be modified whilst it was with Rob Farndon. On track action sounds awesome but...

Last edited by Cris B; 20-09-2017 at 11:51 PM.
Cris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2017, 02:49 PM   #3
Duckpond dave
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
Yep your right Chris we sent the release bearing off with the clutch to questmead ap's agent result was sent us everything back but they had lost the clutch release bearing claiming that we had never sent them one and the bearing was a special and nothing like a standard one . Anyway questmead agreed to modify a standard one by sleeping it and I had a spacer made and although not perfect because the forks on the bearing are plastic it took some hammering at Mallory and seems ok
Duckpond dave is offline   Reply With Quote