home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > TUNING, MODIFICATIONS & UPGRADES > Engine, Exhaust & Gearbox

Engine, Exhaust & Gearbox ECU chips, decats, cam kits,

Old 05-09-2004, 01:59 PM   #1
David B
EXPIRED MEMBER :-(

User Gallery
1360cc engine

Went to watch the last sprint for this year at the Aintree circuit Liverpool yesterday,in the sub 1400cc class there was a 1360cc 205 with a very interesting spec.
It was running in the road modified section,has to use standard road tyres and full interior apart from carpet, but all seats and other trim has to be retained.
It beat the class record which has stood for some years by a very quick 60's cooper S.
The engine was a 1400cc alloy block with a french rally 205 head and twin carb set-up with clockwork ignition and a 300 cam.Gearbox was s1 rallye with quaiffe diff, front suspension leda coilovers, i can't remember the rear.

I was talking with the owner about S1 rallyes and stuff and he was told that the original rallye cam could be tweeked by around 10 degrees to increase performance, but could not fully confirm it.

I also learnt that i could increase the cc of my rally to 1360 and it would still be very usable and rev well.

I have been advised to use a 1400cc crank from an alloy block and still retain the 106 rallye pistons and conrods but mill the tops of the pistons to the same wrist pin height, because the rallye pistons are better.
David B is offline   Reply With Quote