home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > TUNING, MODIFICATIONS & UPGRADES > Engine, Exhaust & Gearbox

Engine, Exhaust & Gearbox ECU chips, decats, cam kits,

Old 20-09-2004, 02:37 PM   #1
TheRealMcNei11
EXPIRED MEMBER :-(

User Gallery
Question Exhaust mounts?

I've had my pugsport for a while now but it seems to slip off one or both of the mounts at the back box (do drive fairly hard). They look to be rubber of some kind and have a cable tie in the middle. I can't be the only one that has had this problem & it's really annoying when it happens on a dark road & my exhaust is roasting

If I got some other kind of mount would that help in keeping my exhaust still? If so what would I ask Mark for?
TheRealMcNei11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2004, 03:13 PM   #2
NateDogg
Unregistered Guest

User Gallery
I have this problem too and my car doesn't even drive yet!!! Just has some crappy little plastic montings that seem very inadequate and my exhaust bounces all over the place even when just running the engine whilst doing work on it!!!!!! Haven't even addressed the problem yet so will be glad to see any fixes or advice.
Old 20-09-2004, 04:09 PM   #3
dynofiend
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery Car Blog
replace the rubbers with new ones, dont need anything special, just std ones are fine. Make sure the hangers for the back box line up with the hangers under the car. If they dont, bend them till they do. Also make sure that the rubbers are both under a slight amount of sideways tension, this will reduce the movement they have (see pic below)

dynofiend is offline   Reply With Quote