home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > TUNING, MODIFICATIONS & UPGRADES > Engine, Exhaust & Gearbox

Engine, Exhaust & Gearbox ECU chips, decats, cam kits,

Old 04-03-2017, 06:37 PM   #1
SimonR
FREELOADER! 85+ posts still not joined :-(

User Gallery
VTR bottom end, 1.3 Rallye head.

I know its been asked a dozen times before but no one has given definitive answers.

I need piston rings in my 1.3. It's also done 130k so a fresher bottom end would be ideal.

Will any VTR block fit if I swap over the S1 rallye head, intake manifold & TB on to it? Do I need to use anything else off the VTR block or can I continue to use all the sensors etc from the rallye?

I understand that the oil filter position is different on the blocks but I can get around that with the insert from peugeot.
SimonR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 07:49 AM   #2
drmo
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
If you mean 1.6 VTR engine block, then yes, you can use it and just swap everything from your tu2j2 engine. Some things won't fit if I remember correctly, but you can use it from the VTR.
1.4 VTR is not that good of an option as the pistons are flat and it will lower your compression.

Remember, you will have to use a 1.6 head gasket. I have seen people using 1.4 gaskets and the piston hits the edge of the gasket bore! The sealing is also not good as the steel ring on the gasket barely seals anything.