home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > RALLYE REGISTER REGIONAL GROUPS > South West > South West Members Cars

Old 11-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
MiniGibbo
WHOOPS! MEMBERSHIP JUST EXPIRED

User Gallery
MiniGibbo's - '93, Peugeot 205 Rallye

As i dont know where to put it ill stick my progress thread here to be moved to where it needs to be

Picked this up from Barnstable, Devon on saturday 10/09/11. Its a 93' Peugeot 205 Rallye in yellow. This is what i found on them when i had a quick search on wiki..

"From 1988 to 1992 Peugeot produced another variant of the 205, the 205 Rallye, which was engineered and produced by Peugeot-Talbot sport. This edition of the 205 was positioned as a cost effective alternative to the 205 GTI, retaining its sporty character, but being less expensive to buy or maintain.

To achieve this, Peugeot used a derivative of the TU-series engine used in the post-1987 205s, which was designated TU24. The engine is essentially the same engine as was in the 1.1-litre 205 with the cylinders bored out to a total engine displacement of 1294 cc, a sports camshaft and twin Weber carburetors. While only a 1.3-litre engine, it still produced 103 PS (76 kW; 102 hp) at no less than 6800 rpm. The car got the 1.6 GTI front suspension with ventilated brake discs, and the 1.6 GTI rear axle with drum brakes.

The 205 Rallye was completely stripped of almost all soundproofing, electrical systems or other luxury items, bringing down the weight to no more than 794 kg (1,750 lb). Its minimalistic equipment, together with the high revs needed to unleash all of the engine's horsepower gives the 205 Rallye a very spartan character and makes it a difficult but rewarding car to drive hard, which is one of the reasons it is now very popular among 205 GTI enthusiasts. Around 30,000 Rallyes were produced, and they were only sold in some countries on the European mainland (at least in France, Belgium, Spain and The Netherlands). This, together with the fact that a lot of these cars have been wrecked because it is a difficult (and for some drivers even dangerous) car to drive makes the 205 Rallye a very rare car nowadays. It is almost impossible to buy one in good shape anymore because Rallye owners now tend to hold on to their cars, knowing it will be a classic in the not-too-distant future."

This car however does not have the Twin carb'ed lump, A previous owner took it upon him self to throw that in the bin and "shoe horn" the massive S1 1300 106 Rallye engine in, basicully the same but with injection and another 25hp bringing the total upto 100hp which in a sub 800kg car and good chassis does make for a good spirited drive!!

I bought it blind not knowing a lot about Rallye's and basicully nothing about 205's in general.. To say this will be a learning curve may be a massive understatment :P

The car its self has 138k with very little service history consisting of the "green slip" and the two previous MOT's. Im not too worried as the shell looks to be in excelent condition with no obvious signs of welding or major rust and its obviously not the original engine.

Some pictures, starting with the drive home then some detialed shots before i touched the car at all not even a clean..

Standard issue driving home shot, sat behind my cars van..

Some of the car near my place that i got before i ventured out to the forest to see how it "really drove"

The interior

And more inportantly the spec of the car!!

Exterior
Stubby arieal

Chassic
S2 106 Rallye steel's wrapped in 185/55 Toyo Proxie CF1's
Apex 25mm springs
Bilstein dampers
206 GTI front brakes with green stuff pads

Engine
S1 106 Rallye 1300 injection engine
S1 106 Rallye gearbox
205 GTI fuel tank
Solid Lower engine mount
Mocal Oil catch tank
Custom air filter.
Battery relocation into boot.
XS B pipe
OMP inox backbox

Interior
1600 GTI cloth seats
Sound deading removed

The car also had a new timing belt and full fliuid service not long ago, The gearbox has been fully rebuilt using new syncros and a new second gear..

The car has also been treated to new copper brake lines and fuel lines, which look recent given their "shinney'ness"

The car is not without fault though...

The rev counter dosent work unless the blowers on full.
The lights dont work on the dash (making night driving interesting)

As it stands i have no plans for the car apart from cleaning it, fueling it up and driving it

Last edited by MiniGibbo; 28-07-2012 at 03:18 PM.
MiniGibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
And some of the engine bay, i took detailed shots of most things to see if anyone could notice anything i havent picked up on or if something looks out of place or untoward..

Old 12-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
Cyb3r
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery Car Blog
Scotch locks
Old 12-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #4
Hoyle

User Gallery Car Blog
A heat gun on the black plastic sections of the bumpers would make a hell of a difference in itself.

Looks like it's a solid one from the pics.
Hoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
Looks like a nice bit of kit to me.

A decent induction kit to ditch that pikey monster energy can, a standless manifold and a bit of time spent checking the wiring might be a good idea. Some of that splicing looks a bit rushed.
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:11 PM   #6
jameshilton
NORTH WEST GROUP LEADER & FORUM MODERATOR

User Gallery
Your description in italics is for the European 205 Rallye - however the UK didn't get that one, we got a rubbish 1.4 version - not even a re-stickered XS, but I believe a rebadged XT? (someone more in the know will comment I'm sure). Therefore it lacked the GTI or Rallye suspension - and actually the previous owner did you a favour by binning the engine and putting in the much more revvy and characterful 1.3 from the S1.

Hope you're enjoying it - it does look in pretty good nick in yellow with most of the decals still present Enjoy!
jameshilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3r View Post
Scotch locks
Sorry what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyle View Post
A heat gun on the black plastic sections of the bumpers would make a hell of a difference in itself.

Looks like it's a solid one from the pics.
Yer im very supprised by how solid the car was, i was expecting welding of some sort or major rot but nothing.. its in better nick than half the s2's ive seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Looks like a nice bit of kit to me.

A decent induction kit to ditch that pikey monster energy can, a standless manifold and a bit of time spent checking the wiring might be a good idea. Some of that splicing looks a bit rushed.
Yer "Tidding" up is top priorty atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshilton View Post
Your description in italics is for the European 205 Rallye - however the UK didn't get that one, we got a rubbish 1.4 version - not even a re-stickered XS, but I believe a rebadged XT? (someone more in the know will comment I'm sure). Therefore it lacked the GTI or Rallye suspension - and actually the previous owner did you a favour by binning the engine and putting in the much more revvy and characterful 1.3 from the S1.

Hope you're enjoying it - it does look in pretty good nick in yellow with most of the decals still present Enjoy!
Cheers mate, yer they seemed to be a bit shit in factory form.. im glad this isnt

Went to a local meet and some nando's with some guys off saxp on sunday, heres how the shots of mine came out!!

Last edited by MiniGibbo; 14-09-2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #8
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
Lovely.

If you ever decide to sell, dibs.
Old 15-09-2011, 02:09 PM   #9
JAMason

User Gallery Car Blog
And this is the reason why i now own an s1 rallye! I have always loved the 205 rallye but could never find one in decent nick, ended up doing the same as you and buying my first s1 rallye blind! Knew nothing about them at the time and now i still dont but i love them! haha!

I think with a bit of TLC your going to have a gem on your hands! And as James said previously, this is a much better engine than the standard uk 205 rallye. the 1.4 that they came with lacked sole and power!
Jack

[CENTER]:s1:[/CENTER]
[CENTER]I have an unhealthy addiction to this forum! The Rally Register ruined my social life![/CENTER]
JAMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #10
Cris B

User Gallery Car Blog
Dunno Jack, I had a 205 XS with a cammed 1.4 and it was no slouch but as you say the 1.3i S1 engine is a gem
Old 15-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #11
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Cheers guys, im still debaiting what to do with the car i currently have a few plans but dont know what to do

All i know is i love driving it
Old 17-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #12
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Washed the car last week before the meet to see what the paint was actually like under all the dirt and its not too bad actully.. The rear quaters are both different shades to the rest of the car which would mean one of a few things being rust/damage repairs. Another theory being where the rear stickers where removed it pulled some laquer off which has meant the paints faded..

There dosent seem to be any filler or at least thick filler on either rear quater
but i found some signs of paint on the boot seal both sides implying indeed the rear quaters have been sprayed unsucessfully at some point.

Snow foamed up

And the spray marks..

Old 21-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #13
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Started the "tidying up the bay" today.

First problem was the osf indicator wasnt working, blown bulb being the culprit or at least that whats youd think.. pulled it out to find a new looking bulb. After a better look i spotted the wire had been cut at some point and crimped back together.

Before

Soldered and shrink wrapped.

Job done! Next i started looking over the conversion looking for anything out of place which didnt take long tbh lol..

Anyone know what this is and where it "should" be fixed or a tip for wheres a good place on the 205.

And then this, its labled "carbon" but obviously dosent go anywhere?

Kept working my way over and come to the dreaded bodge of the inlet.. on the coil pack i spotted this plug which has had wires spliced onto it for some reason, being taped up i dug a little deeper to see they could be fitted better..

This is what i found when i removed the tape on one

Was curious as to what they where so gave them a tug and traced them both to dead ends :S

I saw no point in them staying and havent a clue what theyre for so they where removed and the exposed wires wrapped. i also noticed on closer inspection the plug has seen a better day so may try and find a replacement but fixed it up for time being.

Job done, Next up was this its labled "map" and has a tube going to the inlet but im sure it shouldnt be mounted here..

Once again i dont know what it is or where it goes..

Then finally come across this while eyeing up the fuel filter and was shocked tbh..

At a guess im thinking its a s1 top mount thats been ground down to fit a 16v, however its cracked so that needs to be changed asap.

opinions and comments welcome!
Old 21-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #14
JAMason

User Gallery Car Blog
All I can help you with is the "map" position. It's meant to be mounted on the scuttle so it's in the correct place, looks like it could be mounted more secure though.

An that is an 8v mount, it's SHAGGED though...I might have a spare I your interested, will check my big box of parts!

Jack

[CENTER]I have an unhealthy addiction to this forum! The Rally Register ruined my social life![/CENTER]
Old 21-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #15
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
The MAP is copying where it is on the 8v really - it's about there on my S2's scuttle, but mounted a bit more sensibly.

The big brown one is a terminator, I have the same under my ECU, again the converter looks like he's tried to copy the way the 106 was mounted up. Just Cable tie it somewhere.

The plug labelled "Carbon" is probably intended for the carbon canister under the front wing, that has a connector for the purge solenoid according to the Haynes wiring diag.

Looks like a horrid bodge in some places, decent effort in others. Won't take too much to get that tidy, although the engine mount is pretty shockingly buggered.
Old 21-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #16
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Cheers guys, yer the mount is putting me off driving the car at the moment tbh..
Old 21-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #17
JAMason

User Gallery Car Blog
Iv had a look...the mount brackets iv got are pictured below

If the ones on the right are the ones your after then let me know if you want one!
Jack

Old 21-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #18
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
They look different to mine don't they? Or is it me lol..
Old 21-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #19
JAMason

User Gallery Car Blog
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniGibbo View Post
They look different to mine don't they? Or is it me lol..
Yer they are not cracke or cut down...plus they are upside down, close up of one of them the right way up!

Is that the one?!?!
Jack

Edit, on closer inspection it's not is it, yours is taller! Humm, must be a 205 one on your car!

Old 21-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #20
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Looks similar but the end with three bolts looks a lot flatter, I'll ask on 'drivers dude wether the 205 and s1 share the same mounts and get back to you!!
Old 21-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #21
Gregg

User Gallery
According to Service Box the part numbers for those mounting arms are different between 106 and 205, as you say the 106 one is a lot flatter. Not too sure why yours has been butchered, maybe it so they could get the bolt in under the inlet manifold, but I'd definetly recommend all three bolts being used (I've had one snap that was only held by two ).
08 reg Dark Grey Honda FR-V - Vtec! Sort of...
Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2011, 04:49 PM   #22
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Yer i need a 205 tu mount by looks of it, bet theyre easy to come by

Started this weekend giving into the cleaning whore inside and gave the interior a good hoover and all the plastics a clean then wipe over with some jizz..

Id like to of removed all the seats and shampoo'd the carpet properly but i just can work out how to remove the bloody things :rage: for a "quick" once over its come up well

I also gave the boot a wipe over

I was pleasntly suprised that itll still shine and only shows very minimal surface rust

The boot platics i think are beyound saving :wacko:

I gave them some "poor boys natural look" but they didnt come out much better..

Then this morning I cracked on getting the car in the air,

With the intention of 'slipping the brakes as they sqeal like a pig and cleaning the arches, The brake i got stuck on as some of you may have seen by my other thread but cracked on with the cleaning anyway!!

As i started on the first wheel and more precisely the OSF i noticed this....

God knows how to change one of them but itll be added to the "to do list"..

Before OSF

After OSF

After NSF

Before OSR

After NSR

Before OSR

After OSR

The arches over all have been looked after by the looks of it and are in really good shape, the design of them though is terrible so many places mud and build up in the top around the top mounts.. its almost of if peugeot wanted these to rot out.

The red calipers really grind my gears, what is the point when theyre not multi pots in trying to show them off..

Painted

Getting their
Old 26-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #23
Gregg

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniGibbo View Post

As i started on the first wheel and more precisely the OSF i noticed this....

God knows how to change one of them but itll be added to the "to do list"..
Two options, remove and strip whole driveshaft - the CV joints are not removeable so the boot has to be removed & fitted from the inner end.

Or buy a stretchy boot from ebay, comes with the cone and grease. All that's required then is to get the shaft out the hub, cut old boot off and swear at it for 5mins while sliding the new boot on

I went with option two on ours.
Old 26-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #24
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Cheers dude, yer ive been looking at air strechy tools on the 'bay as i have a compressor but have decided to give the plastic cone tools a go as this is the first one ive tried to change and dont see my self changing that many in the future to warrant the price of the air tool.

I was thinking how to get the drive shaft off, would i

Remove the hub bolt then pull the shaft out or would i need to take all the ball joints off the hub to get the swing?

These "strechy" boots, would they give me one of them if i was to go to Euro's or GSF for example or would i need to get it somewhere special, i just dont fancy buying one to try and fit it to find its a completly different size or shape to what i need if you see where im coming from..?
Old 26-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #25
Gregg

User Gallery
I bought one of these;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CV-BOOT-GA...item2a1448f3a1

Didn't go on quite as easy as in his video but I got there in the end, I did trim the cone down a bit so I wasn't stretching it as much. The boot itself will need trimming to fit as well.

All you need to take do to acces it is remove the hub nut (do this first with wheels on the ground) then remove the lower arm pinch bolt and lever the arm down to get the ball joint out the hub, should then be able to pull the hub around to get the shaft out the back.
Old 26-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #26
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Well this update should begin with "The drivers side outer cv boot had a split in it so i changed it" however i didnt change it then found the inner one was leaking thin oil so decided it best to change the whole shaft. Which i couldnt get out :n:

Going to book the car into the garage that does my MOT's they can struggle, ive given it enough goes now.

As i got no service history with the car ive decided to change everything starting today with the coolant, ever since i got the car its got hot when stood idling to long periods with is another problem i wanted to look into.

My stash ive been collecting for the next couple of weekends!!

The old coolant was badly stained with oil.

Still confused though as when i dropped the bottom hose the coolant in the radiator was blue and didnt have any oil in?? almost like the car had a huge air leak which would also of caused the over heating :detective:

Coolant tank was heavily stained so that got a good scrub.

Before

After

Fitted with fresh coolant

Next up as i said above the car will be going to a garage for the shaft change and gearbox oil swop with the fresh stuff i bought from Peugeot this morning.
Old 18-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #27
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Right to continue on from the last update the milage is now sitting at 139k.

Its been treated to

new engine oil 5w40 silkalene pro s (now dubbed S3000)
Fresh coolant
New gearbox oil
and a pair of new driveshafts

Next up id like to bleed the brakes threw so i know all the fluid is up to par!

Went for a meet tonight with some of the CS lads, heres some poor photos of how the cars still sitting..

And im still loving it btw, drove it easily twice as much as the 323 since buying it :A:
Old 28-12-2011, 04:20 PM   #28
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Finally got around to trying to sort out the abortion of an air intake the car came with, after a search it become obvious the best option for the engine is the original s1 air box the rallye comes with from the factory.. so as standard one was sourced,

Before box with what looks like laods of room

Box in place where it should be

Which for obvious reasons didnt fit :wall:

The manifold and the "thing" on the rad are in the way, even if jiggled it about it it would be touching the engine and/or rad :n:

Back to the drawing board i suppose anic:

Did receive this though the other week which i now need to learn how to fit lol..

Opinions?
Old 28-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #29
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
I'd just get a proper cone filter and stick it on the TB - not very pretty, but good noise and simple!
Old 28-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #30
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Suck hot air though? And a straight cone would sit inside the battery given the angle hence the monatrousaty on there..

Once the battery's In the boot it'll give me loads more space, a guy on 205drivers recommended I try a c2 Vts box as they sit along side the engine?
Old 27-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #31
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
This update starts with me working out i can flip my passenger seat farward to get people in the back, result!

I had a spare afternoon so i thought id fiddle with the 205 to waste some time. My intension was to pull the live wire threw for the battery box.

I started off by taking the cover off the rear seats to see theyre not that bad "never took it off before"

Once i got them out though i realised they are indeed beyound repair..

The car is flithy under the seats so my intensions are to gut the whole car and give it a good hoover/wash before fitting a new interior.

Found this on my travels, i suppose it had to be rewired to fit the gti injection tank?

Fitted the rear earth

That should give a good enough earth??

Then fixed the box in place.

Tiny progress, but progress is progress..

Rear seats are in the bin btw :P

Opinions?
Old 30-01-2012, 05:23 PM   #32
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Went out on the weekend with the south central guys, had a mishap with the car leaving me stranded for a while but that turnt out to be a plug that came apart

Heres some photos Del took of mine..

And my not so favourate photos of my toe eye and one of the steelies :P

Old 30-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #33
JAMason

User Gallery Car Blog
Still really jealous that you have a 205 rallye! Especially in yellow! I wouldn't be able to help my self but spend every spare moment working on it to get it as mint as possible!
Jack

Old 30-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #34
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Cheers dude, I just spend all my time driving it how it should be driven
Old 19-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #35
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Now im back from competing, my birthday and holidays i finally got round to kick starting the work on the Rallye for this year properly..

Decided to tackle the interior first and started this morning by having the seats out followed by the carpet, this shined threw with the first "problem" i found the car has the full sound deading which to my knowedge the Rallyes arnt meant to have??

It seems by how damp it was that the car has leaks.. not that im suprised looking at the gapping most 205's have on the body work :fcuk:

Keeping with the "rallye theme" ive decided to have all the sound deading out and keep it out,

I know the car is twenty years old but ive never seen dirt like this in a car, my vans cleaner :wacko:

I atacked the interior the same way i do arches.

During,

After,

Its still not perfect but its good enough for now and ill get it 100% before the carpet goes back in, speaking of carpets i gave it a good wash while it was out..

Before,

Snow foamed,

Scrubed and ready to be rinsed,

The muck that came out of it wasnt suprising given how dirty the car was under the carpet but its safe to say it came out thick lol..

And how i left the car until next time...

Old 26-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #36
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Right this weekend saw the start of the "big job", the dash removal.. Ive never taken a 205 apart before so i took my time to make sure i didnt brake anything and could sort a process i could reverse to refit it.

After some cursing, head scratching and some threads for advice i got it out, as to be expected it was filthy behind the dash :wacko: here are some progress shots to show how filthy it was,

I didnt get too many shots as i was too busy trying to crack on, once i found out there was two bolts under the scuttle i had that off to find that was also filithy.. out came the cleaning gear lol

Before

After

Found some rust behind the wiper motor, it seems to be only surface but theyre is a hole slighter smaller than a five pence peice so i had the motor out to have a proper look,

After a think im going to take it to the bodyshop and get a plate put over the hole and treat all the rust surrounding it.

end of the day saw the car looking rather sorry for its self, (also gave the interior a wipe over)

Back in "road mode"

Plans for next week consist of,

Wire up battery box live
Get some more fixings for the interior (some are rounded, threads stripped etc)
Source a cigerrete lighter
treat the rust
get the hole in the scuttle plated.
fit the new air intake.
Old 26-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #37
Cyb3r

User Gallery Car Blog
Get some bodies!!
Old 26-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #38
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Guy i know has a atspeed kit on his saxo vtr and this 205 was on bike bodies in the past, tempting but i shouldnt lol..
Old 26-02-2012, 05:24 PM   #39
Cyb3r

User Gallery Car Blog
The gti subframe and suspension setup would be a good upgrade, those are dont last 5 mins!
Old 26-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #40
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
I've thought about about a gti subframe a few times but I don't think I'll bother for a few reasons..

Cost
Weight
And it handles ok as it is tbh..
Old 03-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #41
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
This morning saw the start of the interior going back in, starting with the install of the live feed for the battery box. I havent got any photos of this but its a fat red wire in a yellow 205 shell....

Once i got it in i removed the battery and had a look at the battery tray (from what ive read this is a comman place for major rust on old french hatches?)

mine looks like this, i dont think its anything to worry about??

Once that was out and it was all connected it up i made sure the car started and there was no loose wires, started first time

Next up now the battery box is done was to do the job ive most wanted to do since first seeing the engine bay and that was to fit a "proper" air filter.

I picked a BMC CDA up threw the forums a while back and had a quick play seeing how it fitted now the battery is out of the way,

Yes its backwards i know :wacko: , thats pretty much where itll stay i think, i cant think of a better way to mount it just need to get some jubilee clips and a length of silicone tube to replace the butched one in that photo.

As the filter was second hand i wanted to clean it so first stripped it down, i was suprised how little the filter inside is..

And just before i sat down for some lunch left the filter to soak in the K&N filter cleaner kit i got..

Old 06-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #42
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
had a spare hour this afternoon so i whacked the carpet back in the pug, already feels more like a car :y:

It needs a hoover again as i climbed all other it fitting it :wacko: however apart from bits of twig and leaf its come out amazing imo, id recomend snow foaming the carpet to anyone!!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #43
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
This arrived in the post today, never going to get stuck again!! hopefully

Old 09-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #44
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Today saw the last peice i needed for my air intake arrive so i got that fitted.. so happy the cars finally got a proper intake!

Next up was the task of putting the seats back in or should i say my "new" seats in, theyre 1600 gti cloth seats and imo the closet on the aviable market to the orignal rallye seats,

Only problem as such is these are obviously twin seats where before i had a bench.. what holds the middles together..?

And the fronts in,

The drivers is knackered but everyset i saw was and its easily swopped for a decent passenger off another set. The thing that sold me these seats was the frames are solid which as of this year as we know is a MOT check.

Did realise that if you have the seat half "up" you can get a socket on the fronts rather than fiddling with mole grips etc etc

I also started on cleaning up all the plastics of the car, My kit contained a few brushes and some Autosmart 101 mixed 10:1,

During scrubing of one peice,

All done and left to dry!

Last edited by MiniGibbo; 09-03-2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #45
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
Can I interest you in a 205 rebuild manual? I bought it thinking it had an MA gearbox rebuild guide in it, but it doesn't (about the only thing!)

Good for those tricky jobs that the service/repair doesn't bother with.

Also, for your seat conundrum:

#3 is the bracket you want, held down by what's quoted as a grommet, but it looks more like a bolt.

Last edited by Harv; 09-03-2012 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #46
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Havent even opened my haynes yet lol.. possibly though dude send me a pm with some details, maybe some photos and a price you have in mind.

As for the clip some lad on drivers should be sorting me out
Old 15-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #47
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Had a parcel earlier this week containing a few more bits for the peugeot..!

First up the little clip im missing from the back seats, such a little bit but without it my seats are useless..

And fitted,

Next up was a replacement for my knackered drivers, the two sat together really shows the old one up,

And a straight comparision of one of the bolsters,

It was all going swimingly until i came to swop the subframes over to hit this hick up...

This dosent look an easy fix...?
Old 16-03-2012, 05:05 PM   #48
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
One spanner,

One spanner later,

Win..!
Old 26-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #49
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Set out this morning to get some paint for the rallye, normally i just drop it off with the bodyshop and he sorts it all out however with the 205 he wanted me to get the paint scanned (must of known itll be a bugger to match..)

They couldnt scan the paint, they tried on the scuttle, under the bonnet and on the door shuts and couldnt get it too scan.. they then sent me down to the dealer to see if they could tell me the code as it seems at that time peugeot had a few different yellows :wacko:

First thing the guy at the dealer did was look for the code etched on the turrets but it seems thats disapeared over the years which he said is comman as it just washes off... He did however manage to get the code off the chassis code/registration.

He told me its EOBW Solar Yellow

With that in hand i went back other to the merchant and got some mixed up ready for the bodyshop to start.

Who'd knew getting paint could be so challanging lol
Old 26-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #50
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
How much do you usually pay for paint? Pricey?