home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > RALLYE REGISTER REGIONAL GROUPS > South West > South West Members Cars

Old 26-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #51
MiniGibbo
WHOOPS! MEMBERSHIP JUST EXPIRED

User Gallery
Never bought it before but they charged me 30.30 for 1/4 litre, they said water based (what my sprayer wanted) is a little more costly by about a 5'er..

dont know if thats good or bad..?
Old 26-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #52
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
I've no idea what it usually costs, just wanted a ballpark.
Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #53
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Another update to bring it upto date, i planned to change the brake fluid as it was the only fluid i didnt change when servicing it.. I decided to use Halfords 5.1 as i do with all my cars as imo its better than normal cheapo dot 4 and dosent brake the bank.

I thaught id give a Ezebleed system a try after hearing nothing but good things about them so went out and bought one,

Set it all up with a spare ready to blow all the old fluid out..

Too find all four of my bleed nipples very much like the rest of the car seized i decided not to go any further as it was booked into the bodyshop and didnt want to snap one and miss my slot..

I gave it thaught over and have decided to take the car to the garage who fitted my new driveshafts and get them to replace all four for new and change the fluid for me while its there. :y:

I then turnt my attention to sealing the arches, i collected an asortment of brushes for the job

And spent the best part of two hours cleaning the arches trying to get them as clean and free of grime as possible so i could waxoil them.. while they dried i went out and picked this little lot up,

A quick during shot

And all clean,

And waxoil'ed up,

Cars really coming togther now, very few things left on the list to do and the car for me at least will be 100% :A:
Old 31-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #54
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
bought some bits for the 205 today, none of them needed or parts i planned to buy but you know how it is :A:

This lot contains,

Black carpet
Rallye door cards
XS dials and surround
ciggy lighter

My existing carpet came out great with a clean but is still grey, i just wish this black one came up sooner so i didnt waste my time cleaning mine or putting the seats in :wacko:

The door cards where bought for the passenger front only really as my existing one is starting to curl on one of the corners, nothing major but does bug me when the rest of the interior is fairly mint..

The ciggy lighter speaks for its self really, i dont smoke but base models not having a 12v supply is a pain for satnav and seeing how i have the wiring on the loom just sat there i may as well fit one

The dials are bit of a result as theyre a better layout and have a water temp gauge which is always helpful

Being a big kid i couldnt help my self so i went straight to where the car is to try them.. gutted one of the plugs namely the rev counter is a different shape
Old 06-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #55
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Picked the car up from the bodyshop yesterday and cracked on this morning trying to get it back together..

At the bodyshop i had the rust treated then sealed and sprayed, came out lovely imo.

As the bodyshop say "itll now out last the car" :y:

Got it all back togther ready for the scuttle to be refitted, what an arsehole that bolt is on the wiper motor :wall: after a lot of fiddling managed to get it fitted.

I also fitted my Black carpet that i cleaned earlier in the week, its not only in better condition than my existing grey carpet but was a lot cleaner to begin with, hardly anything came out when i washed it.

No photos of this sadly as it was a chore as it was having to take the entire interior out for the what seems the millionith time

After that i finished off cleaning behind the dash and the bit of the glass you cant get too behind the dash on the windscreen, obviously this was like the rest of the car "filthy"

Sadly after that i ran out of time, as i need to pack for my flights this afternoon.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #56
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
Looking really nice in there now. Still got the Monster catch tank I see.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #57
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Cheers, yeah i have well until today

Spent an hour on the 205 this morning trying to get ever closer to getting it all back together and on the road again.. Started off with having a poke around with the interior loom seeing how easy itll come out to find this...

the white wire goes to the fuel pump under the seats so im asuming this is something to do with changing carb to injection..? i wonder also if this has anything to do with the faults i have with my dash electrics which for those that dont remember,

Dash lights dont work at all
Rev counter only works when the interior heaters on full blast

safe to say i gave up until i get an asnwer :wacko:

Next up was the passenger door card,

before

Replaced with new

then came a new purchase i had the other week to replace the "diy" catch tank, i couldnt decide where to mount it but found a gap and i think itll be ok there..?

Mounted to this on the turret

Only problem being is i couldnt find a hose big enough to go over the 20mm outlet on the rocker cover and small enough to go onto the tank, i tried a 1/2" hose pipe ouf the garden but that wouldnt strech over the rocekr cover even with some heat...

Ideas..?
Old 10-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #58
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
Tank looks good, I'm sure it'll be fine there. Tricky to know what to do about hose - I'd probably get a long piece of the rocker-size, then a shortish piece of a smaller one to the tank and try and join them in the middle - one inside t'other, a metal piece in the centre and a jubilee clip would do it.
Old 15-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #59
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Cheers, ive ordered some pipe off ebay which "should" do the job.. faimless last words and all that lol

More impulse buying this weekend, this time in the shape of a OMP Inox. Its off a 205 but what 205 im unsure but looks similar to systems fettled to run gti6 engines..?

I bought it primarly for the backbox but if i can get the b pipe to work i might try it, safe to say though if it fits that silencer is coming out lol.

It has a bore of 2.5" which is massive compared to my oem 1.75".. im wondering if i can clamp the pipe down to match my oem b pipe on the back box or if ill need a down sizer welded on :detective:

Either way i started by cleaning it up and giving the backbox a new coat of paint

Bring on the noise
Old 18-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #60
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Postman has been busy allready this week..

That is a XS interior loom so i can fit my dials, 20mm silicone tube for my oil catch tank and the down sizer for my backbox..

Started off by fitting the pipe for the catchtank,

Thats another job ticked off the list, engine bay is nearly done now :A: Needs a good clean though.. got well dusty in the bodyshop.

Next up was the bit i was most looking forward too the exhaust started off by building up the back box,

Fits well snug, gave it all a thick layer of exhaust jizz so i "shouldnt" get any leaks..

Next up was removal of the old system and a trial fit to see if the back box would even fit.. first problem came when i took the oem box off,

Nothing a grinder couldnt fix,

And fitted,

It looks a mess and tbh ill probably get it welded up when i get the time but for now it dosent leak and works

Well works but isnt lined up great, think i need new exhaust hangers and a bit of adjustment on the hangers..

Its dirty as soon as i got my oem box off it started to piss down with rain

All i can say is its LOUD
Old 19-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #61
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
As the interior is starting to come to its end i thaught i better turn my attention to the outside.. it needs work tbh..

Anyway as the front wipers are off anyway i thaught i may as well pop the back off and clean them up..!

before,

As it stands theyve been rubbed down and had the first coat of primer applied.

Next up was to have another look at my exhaust, this is my problem..

Hung on only the left hand hanger it sits where it should,

Im going to try and get a longer rubber but as it stands there was nothing i could do without the bits so had a mood swing and polished the tip with the autosol that arrived this morning to cheer my self up

It looks a million times better but has terrible pitting thatll need attention.

Just after lunch the sparky turnt up to have a look at the car, It was such an arsehole trying to find someone to even look at it.. The guy ive used in the past dosent seem to be trading anymore and i must of rang four or five people before this guy and none where interested...

He gave it a quick look over and said its all there and just needs tidying up, he reacons the faults with the rev counter will more than likely be the diy wiring from the fuel pump..?

One thing he did say he wants to fix and isnt happy with is the car dosent have a *inersea swith which cuts the fuel in an accident and if i could source one for him to wire hell be happy.

Once he left i went down to the local scrappy and a Renault megane came to my rescue

It may look in immaculate condition for a part off a breaker but thatll be because i cleaned it when i got home

Next plans are to take the car with me to work on monday and hes going to come over and make a start on the wiring first thing. If i was to take a guess i reacon hell spend a good 4-6 hours on the car which at auto sparky rates is going to be expensive
Old 21-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #62
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
New bits today,

Hanger to fix said problem with exhaust and the things i cant spell to catch vapours in the catch tank.

and fitted..

It slightly vibrates its self off over bumps which is tedious i cant quite work out what to put on the hangers to stop it working its self off.

And how the exhaust sits now,

Its not perfect but is a lot better than when it was touching and from afar ie if your in a car behind my 205 it looks to sit right with the actual exit being central even though the backbox end of the tip isnt if that makes sence..?

Next up was to put the top coat on my wipers,

(The close up looked focused on my camera screen )

Very swish
Old 21-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #63
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
Perhaps a little of this for your exhaust? Pugsport stylie!
Old 22-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #64
LukeS1Stoke

User Gallery
Ive just slid a very small jubilee clip on the hanger and tightened it up next to the rubber mount to stop them coming off. Worked for two + years of use and a couple of trackdays!

Cars looking mint BTW rememember seeing it for sale while ago and fancied it for myself lol.
LukeS1Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #65
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Cheers, ive had a few suggestions for the hanger problem but as it stands jubilee clips are current the winner

Took the car with me to work today so the guy could start the wiring, was nice driving a car to work tbh havent done it in years..

in the unit,

Got a phonecall just after nine the guy has broncitus* or something along those lines and i wont be seeing him for a few days :S
Old 23-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #66
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
A bit of TLC needed on those steelies methinks! Otherwise, lovely. I do love yellow Rallyes.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #67
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
To update this, the car sat in the unit for 9 days and the mush never rang me back so hes either bed ridden or a melt so the hunt for a sparky continues :S

Had the exhaust off this afternoon ready for a mate to weld it up tomorrow, didnt realise just how long the system is LOL

Then as the exhaust was off i saw it as a perfect time to pamper the rear boot floor. I started off by pre rinsing the underneath then scrubing with Autosmart g101 mixed to 5-1 and a stiff brush then repeated until it was as clean as i wanted.

I used an asortment of brushes again all the way down too a toothbrush to make sure i got as much dirt and grime off as i could.

Before

After

I then took a wire brush to all loose and flakey surface rust patches and underseal ready for some kurust in the morning, i didnt want to/couldnt continue as it started to spit and i wanted it to dry over night so i dont trap moisture between the metal and the waxoil.

Also as i havent put up an actual shot of the car in a while, how its looking in its sorry dirty state at the moment back home,

Old 04-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #68
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Continued with the car today starting off with taking the exhaust over to a mate to weld up

Welded,

And painted,

Then as that dried i contiuned with the boot floor,

Kurusted,

And wax oiled,

Still trying to find a sparky :S
Old 05-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #69
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Put it all back togther today, first thing i noticed though was the bolts that hold the downpipe on where well past there best..

What i thaught would be a quick trip to the motorfactors ended up with a mad rush trying to find somewhere that had them in stock before they shut..

Got lucky at my third try with camberly auto factors and bought a pair

Once i got home the exhaust went on with ease or at least i thaught it did until i went around the back to put the box on its hangers to realise we welded the box wrong :wall: luckily we didnt actully weld the box on just the smaller end of the downsizer so i could fiddle with it to get it sitting perfect..!

And one from underneath

Its strange the centre pipe has no hangers at all not even signs of one that was once there that has been knocked off or cut off.. nothing ???

Either way thats today done
Old 10-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #70
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Got this little beauty in the post this morning,

Ive been after one for ages now but theyre hard to get a hold of.. I started off as i do with everything by cleaning it.

Had the old one off with ease and took a photo to show comparison of how much the kid cut off....

Safe to say only two bolts where holding it on lol.

I had to replace one of the bolts as hed fitted a shorter one in the originals place but that what turnt out to be the truth was he replaced all three and fitted oversized ones that wouldnt even fit threw my new mount.

Out come the drill and solved that problem and it was in..!

Gave the top mount a quick check over and thats not showing signs of wear or cracking,

Thats another job off the list :y:

And it still cant find anyone to do the wiring, which is becoming very f***ing tedious with FCS only three weeks away..!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:27 PM   #71
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
As i couldnt pick up my steelies today like i planned i thaught id take full advantage of the great weather and start correcting the exterior,

Ive owned the car since september and only washed it once so its safe to say its pretty mank..

Before,

Started off with a thick foam with a drop of g101 in it for added "goodness"

While that dweled i tackled all the trim followed by a rinse then the shuts,

This bit was full of dirt,leafs and grime and i mean FULL

Some more shots of the great paint work on the rear quaters,

The car was then was in Megs shampoo as it was a "clean clean" rather than just a topup wash. The car rinsed and dried

Next up was a good tardis session,

I have never seen a car with so much tar on it, it was unreal i basicully needed to tardis the ENTIRE car, rather than just the sills and bumpers etc..

Once that was done i take my attention to start claying it, i used Sonus super fine clay which tbh i dont think is the right one for this car.. its great on fairly fresh paint or cleaner cars but i need something courser i think for this being so manky..?

I normally use quick detailer as lube but one day browsing CYC i spotted this so thaught id try it,

I think its really good tbh..! i however only managed to clay the bonnet, passenger wing and door as i got bored as i kept finding tar i missed when tardis'ing even though i went over every panels twice :S

And all parked up looking shiny for a change,

Old 13-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #72
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
More impluse buying this morning in the shape of a TI Motorsport 421 exhaust manifold, ive been debaiting getting one from day one but its always been bottom of the list.. As this turnt up fairly locally though i thought it would be rude not to

It needs a lamda hole fitting though other wise it would of been fitted soon as i got it home

Anyone know the size of the s1 106 rallye lamda thing so i can buy a bolt to weld on..?
Old 14-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #73
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Dropped the car off to Miles at "pugracing" early this afternoon, should have it back by the weekend
Old 17-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #74
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Got the car back from Pugracing this afternoon, Miles has done a fantastic job with the car..!

He basicully ripped out all the wiring that had been modified and started again, Anything that was mounted badly was moved ie the ecu.

Ill let the pictures do the talking

And under the air box

And in the boot (the earth i fitted was smaller than the power supply as i had no way of fitting an end onto it so had to buy an off the shelf item)

He also fitted the XS dials for me and got them working 100%, its nice to finally have a working rev counter, 50mph in 5th is 4000rpm :fcuk:

Got the car home and cracked on with putting the dash back in, this is how far i got..

Old 17-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #75
LukeS1Stoke

User Gallery
Excellent stuff mate! Will be a belter when finished.
Old 18-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #76
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Cheers mate, the car is turning out exactlly how i visioned it would when i bought it

Got cracking bright and early on the car this morning as i wanted to do a lot today, The dash went back together suprisingly easy considering ive never done it before and its been a while since i took it out lol.

Only two niggly bits now its back together, one is the glove box wont sit right/ shut properly its almost like when looking at at the bottom right corner isnt being held in place but i cant see anywhere where it fixes to anything so can move around causing the lid to be a pain to shut.....

And the other is the three buttons on the centre console, no matter where i poked the wires behind i cant get them to sit straight, i spent a good 15 minutes fiddling with them to get them to even work without jamming, not impressed. This is how they ended up

they all work freely and arent that noticable but its bugging me..

I cleared my tools and then gave the interior a good going over again as it got messy while its been worked on over the last couple of months, either way now its back together its looking great imo..!!

Anyone can give an interior a wipe over but its the little details most look over that bug me the most for example the little bit of dirt a cloth wont reach

Off came all the handles, vents etc etc that can collect dust for a good scrub

and an over look from the back

Thats the interior complete (well apart from fitting the radio and a new magic tree)

As it stands now

205 GTI 1600 cloth seats
Black carpet
Black interior plastics
Black mats (new)
XS dials
Battery relocated to the boot
All interior sound proofing removed

The interior is such a nicer place to not only look at but sit in with now its all been changed..!
Old 18-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #77
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
Looks cracking now, except those damn buttons! :\
Old 18-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #78
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Cheers dude, yeah they bug the hell out of me tbh :S

As i finished the interior this morning i thaught id not waste the rest of the day and jump straight onto the outside. I gave the paint work a good scrub on the weekend and clayed some of it so it was looking presentable already so i thaught id do the smaller touches today.

First up the bumpers,

Before

During

I didnt bother to tape the strips as theyre bollocks anyway.... (any i did get on them i cleaned off after with a touch of tardis)

The product used

After

They came out great imo, brought it all back up to colour and has hidden a lot of the "battle scars", would defiantly recomend..!

I also purchased some new plates from the main dealer, i asked for as plain as legally possable but they only do them with a border which is gay

All togther much smarter looking car
Old 19-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #79
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
I knew something fell off the car last night driving home, i heard a ping like a stone but it didnt sound like a stone... behing dark i didnt bother to look.

Thatll be the culprit then, Trip to the motorfactors later

On a bummer not still though

Bleugh......... guess that would fail an mot so will need attention, might change both sides to be on the safe side, im guessing its an arsehole job to do..?

And on a lighter note to finish the update, got bored of the BMC CDA so i pulled this out the garage. Its off an old project

Also, i went to collect my wheels and the guy STILL hasnt had time to do them but hes promised me them for monday....
Old 21-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #80
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
The thing that goes between the car and headunit turnt up today so i stuck that in first thing.

I thought you only need one but the one i bought that connects to the car wouldnt connect to the headunit so i had to use both :wacko:

It all works which is a relif as ive never had the opitunity to see if the speakers work lol..

Only problem though as theres only a tiny hole for the headunit al lthe wires behind are stopping it going back all the way in so its sticking out a bit as it stands

Found this in the cd slot which made me laugh

Tell it came out a saxo

After that i gave the car a top up wash using the usual method and "born to be mild" shampoo.

Then i clayed the car again this time with an "aggresive" clay and tbh it still didnt pull a lot off, i guess the car dosent have that many contaniments on it.. or the tardis did a better job than i expected.

This is all that came off

Once the car was clayed i started polishing it, standard issue starting with the bonnet

After the bonnet though i came to the conclusion ive had enough of hand polishing so done away with that idea for today lol.

I washed the car again to remove any clay residue and called it a day.. Machine polisher will be bought and used asap.
Old 26-05-2012, 01:25 PM   #81
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Picked my wheels up this morning and got the tyres put back on first thing.

Came out great imo..!

They were also treated with the standard issue coating of poor boys prior to fitting,

Old 27-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #82
LukeS1Stoke

User Gallery
That looks wicked!! I want it lol
Old 03-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #83
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Cheers, im well happy with it

Cheers guys, would seem ive missed a few posts :P

Wanted to change the brake fluid this bank holiday but factors dont sell nipples for some reason and peugeot didnt have any in stock

My mate who does all the welding was busy too so i couldnt get him to fit the lambda bung on the manifold either so thats still not going on

I did however get chance to fit my rear quarter stickers that turnt up last week

As you can see in the photos, there are a few bubbles thatll come out with time.. all i have to say on fitting them is what a fucking arsehole of a job :S

Well pleased with them, they really finish the outside..!

Just need to give it a polish now.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #84
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Went for a drive this morning and got some photos along the way of the car in its natural habitat "the country lane"

I also noticed on closer inspection my steelies are 5.5j making them s1 wheels not s2 wheels like the guy i bought the car off told me, dosent really bother me but does explain why my rears dont rub on the outer arch

Lost a center cap one of the wheels too
Old 05-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #85
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
Looking good! How are you liking the new exhaust?
Old 09-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #86
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Cheers, loving it mate..! im really keen to get this manifold on too

Today started off with how the car has spent the majority of its life with me..

Todays jobs was tackling the brake fluid, started off by using some pulsgas on the nipples which imo is fantastic stuff, never used it before.

Also picked these up this morning from Peugeot,

They came out easy with the plusgas, didnt even need the nut extractors i bought incase.. used the eezibleed system to bleed it, also the first time ive tried that and thought its a good peice of kit..

this is how the old fluid looked, slightly discoloured but wanted to replace it as i have no idea how old or how many miles its done with this fluid.

All went very well apart from no fluid came out the rear drivers drum.. and i mean nothing even when i removed the entire nipple under pressure from the eezibleed nothign came out........ and i have no idea why

anyone..??

More bad news being, i noticed the passenger outer cv boot leaking. I only had two new shafts fitted less than six months ago and theyve only covered a maximum of 1000 miles since then. Im not sure if they have warrenty/garantee but another car of mine is being mot'd at the garage that fitted them monday and ill be asking them why its split and what they can do ie fitting me a new one for free as theyre still new and covered very little mileage.....

To end on a high not, a mate fitted my lamdba hole on my manifold for me so that can go on once its been painted..!!

Old 17-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #87
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Cheers guys,

Ive just got back from FCS.. what a weekend :wacko:

The car made the near four hour trip from Bournemouth to the hotel without fault and with the ear plugs i wore made it in relative comfort

Got to the show bright and early and fully enjoyed the day.

My photos on the stand,

And the showers we had as tedious as they where showed how well the 205 beads :A:

I got the car rolling roaded as well, it only made 89.9hp which tbh i was a tad disapointed with but i soon realised that i never told the guy on the rollers not to go by the dials in my car as the redline on the dials is 6000 but the car obviously goes to 7250 with the engine.... or at least thats what im telling my self why its come out with such low power

it would also seem my valve stems have seen better days..

Soon after that was my track slot, the car performed great on track imo for a "standard" car. very settled.

sadly no photos of that as they wanted hideous amounts of money lol..

Anyone get any photos or videos of mine feel free to post them in here
Old 17-06-2012, 09:43 PM   #88
JAMason

User Gallery Car Blog
I managed to snatch one of your car! It's not the best, I will see what I can do With it in Photo Shop to make it worth while! It sounde good on track mate! Such a brilliant day!
Jack

[CENTER]:s1:[/CENTER]
[CENTER]I have an unhealthy addiction to this forum! The Rally Register ruined my social life![/CENTER]
JAMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #89
Gus
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER & SCOTTISH GROUP LEADER

User Gallery Car Blog
Brilliant! I love yellow 205's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
My resolution for 2011 is to sort my fucking car
Gus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #90
Hoyle

User Gallery Car Blog
Stunning, this car has come a long way. Give yourself a hi-five!
Hoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #91
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Cheers guys, I very much enjoyed the day..!

I thought the car was finished but the little nighle list just gets longer lol..
Old 17-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #92
S1 Rallye Zac
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
Good work mate you should be very pleased with yourself mate!

[CENTER][COLOR=red][FONT=System]Im back in another S1 Rallye, 68,000 miles FTW! :)[/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR=red][FONT=System]:s1: 1.3, 8V, 100BHP = S1 Rallye :s1: [/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]
S1 Rallye Zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #93
Harv
Slower Than Mike

User Gallery Car Blog
I saw you trundling about (looked great btw), should've run over and said hi!
Old 18-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #94
welshpug

User Gallery
what comedy figure did those lollers give you?
welshpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #95
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1 Rallye Zac View Post
Good work mate you should be very pleased with yourself mate!
Cheers.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
I saw you trundling about (looked great btw), should've run over and said hi!
I couldnt find the rallye stand.. most of the main area was renault 5's lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshpug View Post
what comedy figure did those lollers give you?
89.9hp at 6000rpm

dickhead didnt tell them to ignore the dials and rev it to 7250 didnt i

Baffled me for ages why it made such a low figure..

Few shots of me on track

Last edited by MiniGibbo; 18-06-2012 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
MiniGibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #96
welshpug

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniGibbo View Post
89.9hp at 6000rpm

dickhead didnt tell them to ignore the dials and rev it to 7250 didnt i

every RR session I've done they don't take any heed of what the rev counter says, just stick it on the floor till the limiter!

get a printout?
welshpug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 04:53 PM   #97
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
theyre emailing me it on monday... so thats not going to happen by looks lol...
Old 19-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #98
LukeS1Stoke

User Gallery
Looks mint mate, wouldnt worry about what the rollers say, it sounds healthy enough and those mobile rollers are notoriously bogus!!
As long as it goes ok and drives well enough, who cares!!
Pat on the back for getting it to this condition!!
Old 23-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #99
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Cheers dude, ive still got a long way to go with the niggly bits.. the list just gets longer

This week started off with me dropping the car off tuesday morning at the garage who fitted the shafts to have a boot changed as one had split. They fitted it that day under warrenty.

Now onto the engine..... my compression tester turnt up this morning so i though id give it ago, it only cost me 11 off the 'bay but i thought it would do the job..?

On removal of the first plug i was left with this. They all looked the same and are gapped at 0.85mm

After a quick comparision in the haynes manual, it would imply my car is burning oil...... lol

I followed the instructions in the manual for testing but i dont think ive done it right somehow, my process was

Remove all leads from plugs
Remove all plugs
Remove main power supply to coil pack
Remove power supply to injectors
Start on cylinder one and work over to four
Turn the car over until the gauge stops (turning over for no longer than 15 seconds)

The results where poor to say the least, the first three cylinders made 75 psi (5bar) and the forth cylinder made 73psi (4.9 bar)

It said in the haynes manual anything under 10bar is poor, but my results cant be right as with half pressure the car wouldnt run at all surely..?

Opinions anyone..?

To add to this ive just had a bash at trying to solve my none working front water jets, i bought a new gti stalk a couple of weeks back as that can be prone to causing problems and also give me a much needed "intimitant speed" base models dont have for some stupid reason...

Old vs new

Sadly it didnt help... ah well at least i now have intimitant wipers so thatll stop bugging the shit out of me :fcuk:

Next up was to check the other end which for some reason has had a zip tie wrapped around it..?

I pulled the plug off and found the spades are a little crusty so gave them a clean

crusted,

that also didnt make a difference so im a bit stuck again............

Last edited by MiniGibbo; 23-06-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
MiniGibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #100
MiniGibbo

User Gallery
Just tested the car again, this time using full throttle while cranking the engine,

cylinder 1 dry 5bar wet 6bar
cylinder 2 dry 5bar wet 6bar
cylinder 3 dry 5bar wet 6bar
cylinder 4 dry 4.5bar wet 6bar

Im not sure what to make of that really, all i can think is if that is accurate then why does the car run so well...? it never feels underpowered, missfires or idles irracically.

Peugeot state the cylinders shouldnt be under 10bar dry.

Opinions..?