home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > FOR SALE & WANTED > Parts for Sale

Parts for Sale Look here for parts for sale by forum users....usually a few bargains!

Closed Thread

Old 24-08-2017, 09:39 PM   #1
Mitsiman
WHOOPS! MEMBERSHIP JUST EXPIRED

User Gallery
[SOLVED] Quaife Close Ratio Synchromesh Gearkit (QKE4H)

DEPOSIT TAKEN

Please read all the description as hopefully all your questions will be answered.

Its on e-bay for £1000.00 anyone on here can buy it for £900.00 plus postage.

If you want photos then please look on ebay -I cannot remember how to put them on here!

Here I have for sale a Quaife Close Ratio Synchromesh Gearkit (QKE4H)
It is complete with the QUAIFE INPUT SHAFT E-4H1-12 13T/17T/19T/21T, matching gears, new bearings, recent synchros and the pinion shaft with crown wheel. Also included is an unworn set of selector forks and a damaged plate diff.
I don’t know what type the diff is.
This kit is for the MA gearbox and was running on my Saxo VTS racecar running happily with 170 BHP and 120 lbft.
Ratios are as follows
1st 2.538
2nd 1.765
3rd 1.421
4th 1.190
5th 1.043
Final Drive 3.94:1
5th gear speed at 7500 RPM with 195/50/15 tyres is 123 mph perfect for circuit racing and trackdays and OK for a daily driver.
I stripped the gearbox to rebuild the diff but then decided to go BE. The plate diff is damaged (Broken Planet Gear I think) but may repair and comes free with the gearset.
Everything is in perfect condition apart from the TOP HAT COVER, (part number 8E-4H1-10 ) which has been slightly damaged in the past removing its attaching screw SOCKET HEAD CSK SCREW M8x1.25x20 L (part number 9801) which was rounded off during a gearbox rebuild. I have used a non-standard screw on the old top hat successfully but if you want to replace them then but both are readily available from Quaife for a few quid. They may even be fitted on the donor gearbox – I cannot remember. The crownwheel is a standard GTi/VTS unit that has a small chip on one of the gears.
The Synchs are recently fitted but from memory 3rd to 4th has the “standard” MA crunch which never bothered me.
The gearset alone is over £1400.00 from quaife
I will require a £100.00 non-returnable deposit via paypal unless you contact me to arrange otherwise.
Item can be collected from Worcester or Coventry
Any questions please contact me on 07812337802

Last edited by Mitsiman; 06-09-2017 at 08:50 PM. Reason: DEPOSIT TAKEN
Closed Thread