home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > RALLYE REGISTER REGIONAL GROUPS > East Midlands > East Midlands Members Cars

Old 31-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Nathan Wilkins
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
S2 Rallye 8v Bianca White

Haven't really posted a progress build on my Thread, so I thought i'd start it at last

I picked my Rallye up around June/July time last year, saw an Advert on Pistonheads. My little Corsa C just wasn't nippy enough anymore.

Advert Photos:

It had it's mirror cap missing, no centre caps, and a missing arch liner but they are small things.
The person PX'd it for a Golf GTI Mk4, why he'd want to I never know. He had put some horrible spoiler on the back, pretty sure it was from a MK3 Ford Fiesta, Saxo electric Motors in, a big beefy 3" scorpion Cat Back system and GTI Leathers. Why didn't he just buy a 106 GTI? Would much preffered it with Standard Interior and no Eleccy Windows, oh and a standard exhaust.

Anyway, so I got the car back home! with my old corsa and my brothers MK1 Orion.

I think the Rallye had been sitting around for a while, all around the rear quarters windows was just grime and general crap, so out came the windows for a clean up!

A Few Goodies

CamBelt and Pump, didn't have alot of history with the car so that was soon changed, better to be safe than sorry.

A little while after all this was done I went to lift the bonnet one evening, went for a little drive, parked up to lift the bonnet and as a lifted it the fan engaged resulting in Amputating 2 of my finger tips on my Right hand. Was off work for over 6weeks and I now don't have a Bone in my Right index Finger. The blooming thing didn't have a Fan guard on the car when i bought it, my mistake for not noticing i suppose.
I will not post the photo up of what it looked like, it's not for the faint hearted it is something you see in a Horror film. If you want to see it then well, i'll send you a PM with a link or something lol

So after Physio and learning how to use half my hand again it was back to cracking on!

Bought a White Powder Coated showcage, just to give the car a better look. To be honest, the only thing it is useful for is hanging my Magic Trees lol

Bought some number plate surrounds and fitted the Pugsport 2" full system

I then bought a set of Freshly painted S2's with Centre caps and virtually brand new Yokohama Tyres for 150 Bargain! Wasted no time in putting them on. Black tinted lights fitted too.

The crappy spoiler that the person put on was just sagging and was literally about to come off, i pulled on it and woops it came off. So I put a black GTI one on for now considering the doughnut that put it on drilled 4 holes into the bootlid and siliconed it on. Idiot!
Sorry for the rubbish photo.

The photo above the GTi has my old steels on which I exchanged for these and he gave me 50 too, can't complain at that. Came with all Flat Bottomed bolts and a Set of Lockers too!

The Pugsport rear backbox kept slipping off the Centre section sleeve and was driving me insane! so out came the welder
Nathan Wilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
Nathan Wilkins

User Gallery
NEWEST UPDATE 12/2012
Thought i'd fancy a little change on the Old Rallye so I decided to put the Raptors on over these winter months, they are slightly growing on me... But i'd never sell the Steels! or swap the Unique Rallye engine and drop a GTi engine in it

But yeah, the start of many things to come. I'll make sure to keep updating my Thread!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
blakeyrallye
ILoveRacing

User Gallery
looks tidy! get that bloody show cage out though : )
blakeyrallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
Nathan Wilkins

User Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtr_on_wye View Post
looks tidy! get that bloody show cage out though : )
I will do at some point, preferably when I have the inside re-sprayed because I want to put a full cage in there

The show cage is only useful for hanging my air fresheners... lol