home news shop history forum membership galleries regions calendar contact

Go Back   106 Rallye Register Forum > TUNING, MODIFICATIONS & UPGRADES > Engine, Exhaust & Gearbox

Engine, Exhaust & Gearbox ECU chips, decats, cam kits,

Old 24-03-2017, 06:30 PM   #1
Adamh
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
1.5 Diesel Radiator

Anyone have one of these fitted with an alloy header tank and retained the ECU location?

I understand you T-Piece into the lower down with one outlet, the other smaller diameter going to the top of the radiator but has anyone used the third outlet to run to the thermostat housing? or even t-pieced into another hose near the thermostat?

Is this actually required or with the other 2 will this not trap any air?

Obviously bleeding if fitted correctly should mean no messing about with expansion tank / a cut bottle when bleeding but with the 2 connections above will this be the case ?

Trying to clear space around the radiator and the standard radiator with the built in expansion tank is in the way for my intercooler hoses.

Thanks
Adamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 01:38 PM   #2
drmo
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
I was using one, but I was also using the expansion tank from 1.5d 106. If you use dislocated expansion tank, you need to vent from thermostat housing back to expansion tank. No hassle really, just use the bolt for bleeding air on the thermostat housing to connect to expansion tank. This way is the easiest as no faffing with bleeding air out of the system.

You can use almost any other expansion tank you want and put it elsewhere, for example in front of the ECU.
Old 29-03-2017, 02:36 PM   #3
Adamh
REGISTERED FORUM USER - NON MEMBER

User Gallery
thanks for the response drmo, one follow up question, how would you suggest connecting a small diameter hose from the expansion tank to the bleed screw on the thermostat? not sure where to look for fittings.

thanks
Adamh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 08:41 AM   #4
drmo
106 RALLYE REGISTER MEMBER

User Gallery
No need for special fittings. I just put a hose on both ends and tightened with a clamp. Not the best photo but you can see that I used a regular hose to connect:
http://shrani.najdi.si/?1c/FC/4ecaixiP/p3081240.jpg